Pixie-Rose and?

We’re a ways off from TTC but we’ve made a bit of a list together and one of the names we do agree on is [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Pixie. We love how [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sound together as a combination, so [name_f]Rose[/name_f] could very well end up as her middle name, if we did ever use it. I am curious though to hear what other names from our list work nicely with hypothetical big-sis [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]/Pixie-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Other names on our list: [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] (ay-lah), [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Orla[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Darcie[/name_f], [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]/Gracie-[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Lillie[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]/Elsie-[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]/Ruby-[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Bethan[/name_f], [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_u]Indie[/name_u], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f]/Lola-[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Ffion[/name_f] (fee-on), [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Blossom[/name_f], [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_u]Josie[/name_u], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]/Tilly-[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Honey[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Katie[/name_f]/Katy, [name_f]Marcie[/name_f], [name_f]Esmae[/name_f], [name_f]Hollie[/name_f] & [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]

Which names from our list would you pair with hypothetical big sister [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]/Pixie-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My favorite ideas:
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Darcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

Pixie and [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmae[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Honey[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] rose and indie [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
Also Marcie violet

1 Like

[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] or [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] are adorable! I’m not usually one for hyphenated names at all, but [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] is spirited and unexpected enough that it really works :fairy:

[name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] would be my pick. Both smart, sharp, interesting names with character. They’re an eclectic pairing, but I think they really work. [name_f]Zara[/name_f] is sleek and strong enough that [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] feels quirky and lively, rather than cutesy.

I also really like [name_f]Ffion[/name_f], [name_f]Orla[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], for most of the same reasons, although they don’t feel quite spiky enough to beat out [name_f]Zara[/name_f].

For a sweeter, girlier pairing, something like [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] or [name_f]Honey[/name_f] (or even [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u], [name_f]Saffron[/name_f], which I think you’ve mentioned before and feels a bit more “grown-up” somehow) would fit really well with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]. For me, cute pairings like that would probably be a little too sweet, but they do work really well stylistically.

I would probably avoid pairing any of the -ie ending nickname names with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]. Not only is the sound a bit repetitive, but they all feel a bit lacklustre beside it, because [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]'s such a cool and characterful choice!

2 Likes

With [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] I can totally picture sisters [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Talullah[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]

2 Likes

Pixie/Pixie-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Darcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]/Elsie-[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethan[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmie[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Ffion[/name_f]
[name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]/Tilly-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Honey[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Hollie[/name_f]

Those are my favorites but none of your names clash with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]/Pixie-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I’d say my very favorites are [name_f]Blossom[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ffion[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Orla[/name_f], and [name_f]Honey[/name_f]!

1 Like

Thank you everyone!! :slight_smile:

@anon25197097 [name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Marcie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are beautiful as combos!!

@katinka - Thank you! We’re a bit split on whether we’d rather the hyphen or not :stuck_out_tongue: I LOVE [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], but S/O isn’t keen (honestly surprised he liked [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] and [name_f]Honey[/name_f]!), but [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] is one I might re-consider adding again! I let it go as it didn’t quite feel right, but it is adorable. And you know me, I’m all about the cutesy, sugary-sweet vibes ([name_f]Honey[/name_f] [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] is one I’d actually consider, and [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I LOVE [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]! If my kid had a classmate with that name, I’d want to be that mom’s friend :blush:

However, it is a bit close to [name_f]Gypsy[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_m]Blanchard[/name_m]). I can also see myself saying that on accident (I enjoy true crime :crazy_face:)

The combos that standout to me are:

[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] (my fav - I love the symmetry of 2 hyphenated names and a red vibe)
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]

1 Like

@elle1 thank you so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is a bit close to [name_f]Gypsy[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but I feel like I can disassociate it enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Blossom[/name_f], [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Honey[/name_f] would all work great!

1 Like

Some thoughts:

I think a name ending in ie or y or a name that sounds very sweet is too cutesy alongside [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] sound adorable but maybe too adorable together. [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] is very cute but sounds quite edgy. If you played more on the edgy style then you could avoid having sickly sweet names. For example, [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] is super cute but [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Blossom[/name_f] sound like fairies in a book rather than human sisters. I guess if you like that feel then go for it, but this is just what I think :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m not really a fan of double barrelled first names but [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] does have something special :star::rose:I always try and make sure that the second sibling doesn’t lock you in a corner i.e. same ending, same letter of first names, both double barrelled or too similar meanings. I think siblings should have a common theme but not too obvious. For [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], I would say you could start a theme of high scrabble letter names, spunky names and shorter names. This leaves you with [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f], [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Orla[/name_f], [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Bethan[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Ffion[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmae[/name_f]. Out of these, I love [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] the most.

Having said all of this, I also quite like [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_u]Indie[/name_u] with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] although they follow nothing I just said!

Overall, I think my favourites with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] are [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f]! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] all this babble helps!

1 Like

Thank you again everyone!! :heart:

@Ameliaanwen I did worry a bit about the -ee endings with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], but I don’t know that it bothers me enough to rule them out? I wouldn’t rule them out for any of my other -ee ending sounds so to do it for [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] does seem a bit odd for me! I’m glad [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a good call though, as I’m quite enamoured with it! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pixie-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is so spunky. From your list I love [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]/Isla, [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_f]Esmae[/name_f], [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] and [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Pixie-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f], or [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Esmae[/name_f] would be goregous sisters.

1 Like

So sweet! I see [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]’s sisters named:

Honey [name_f]Blossom[/name_f]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Darcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]

And…
[name_f]Lula[/name_f] [name_u]Bell[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is cute. I love the pairing of [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] with [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] with it from your list. Using your list I think [name_f]Honey[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_u]Indie[/name_u]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]-[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]-[name_f]Alice[/name_f] would be nice with [name_f]Pixie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] too.

1 Like

@Sarah1694 Thank you! S/O loves [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] actually, it’s one of his favourite picks for us! I love [name_f]Honey[/name_f]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_u]Indie[/name_u]-[name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]-[name_f]Alice[/name_f]!!