Play with these names for me + ?Juliet?

Had a bit of a stressful communication breakdown about her name. We’re shelving the ranking for a few days again, I think.

Initially, she didn’t have a name because I was so very sick and then we chose randomly under pressure without thinking… now, it has become a hot-button issue for DH and I.

My goal still is to choose a name TOGETHER. However, I’m starting to wish and think I may just choose one for her myself, because I’m feeling like a bad parent for not having a NAME I can call her.

I’m trying to work WITH DH, so this is more of a daydream than reality, but I’m wondering, if I presented a really fantastic name combo that I loved (that wasn’t [name]Beth[/name] :frowning: ) if he wouldn’t agree and then we’d be done.

So, these are the names I’m particularly attached to and they are all names we agree on. Play with these names with me? Two middle names okay now. I would like to include either [name]Lark[/name] or [name]Aster[/name], or both.

**What’s your favorite name that can be made from these?

[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]

• [name]Miriam[/name] (not in the first spot)
    Last name sounds like [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]

Here’s what I’ve got:
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]?
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]?
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]?

Plus, as a bonus wondering- we’ve talked at length about most of my other names, but what do you all think of [name]Juliet[/name]? I know most of you like it. It strikes me as a dramatic choice, yet understated. Feminine, but not girly. Artsy, but not stuffy. Kind of trendy, though… Would [name]Juliet[/name] be memorable to you? I’m wondering if it only sticks out to me because I’ve never met one… both of use really want a memorable name for her don’t want to unwittingly choose a so-so one when we have so many beautiful stand-out options.

I love [name]Juliet[/name] a lot. I think it’s got a certain charm, for all the reasons you mentioned. It’s definitely memorable, too-- I recently met a [name]Juliette[/name] and I instantly thought of how nice her name was.

What about…

[name]Aster[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

I really like [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name].

I love [name]Juliet[/name] but I eliminated it from my list b/c I know too many [name]Julie[/name]'s, [name]Julia[/name]'s, [name]Julianne[/name]'s, etc. [name]Juliet[/name] definitely stands out more than [name]Julie[/name] or [name]Julia[/name], but I’m not sure how much [name]Juliet[/name] really stands out for me. I see it as an up-and-comer name, like [name]Violet[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] … To me, it’s very sweet and feminine sounding. But that’s why I love it!

The too-many [name]Julie[/name] thing is really the reason it was only on my list for a second way back when… we actually have a two year old neice, [name]Julia[/name] and try not to name-duplicate in our family. [name]Juliet[/name] seems like a different name from [name]Julia[/name], as long as we don’t call her [name]Julie[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] is much better, [name]IMO[/name]) But, that’s really why I’m wondering if [name]Juliet[/name] is a stand-out name, or would just get lost in the sea of [name]Julie[/name].

[name]Just[/name] for the fun of it, may I propose

[name]Larissa[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] (nn [name]Lark[/name]).

[name]Marigold[/name] would be your [name]Mary[/name] name instead of [name]Miriam[/name].

Or [name]Larissa[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Ford[/name] (nn [name]Lark[/name])
Or [name]Larissa[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]
Or [name]Larissa[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]

I still prefer the single middle name, though.

[name]Juliet[/name]: I the name [name]Juliet[/name] so much! I think it’s elegant and sophisticated, yet soft and sweet. I love that it’s timeless, romantic, and feminine, and to me, it’s not the slightest bit trendy.

Here’s what [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote about [name]Juliet[/name]:

"One of the most romantic names, the lovely and stylish [name]Juliet[/name] seems finally to have shaken off her limiting link to [name]Romeo[/name]. In [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s play, it was [name]Juliet[/name] who said "What’s in a name. "

[name]Aster[/name]: I think it’s very pretty in the middle, and I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] your combo of [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Lark[/name]: I love [name]Juliet[/name] more, but think that [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] is pretty.

[name]Blythe[/name]: Like [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] is one of my favorites, and I love [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Blythe[/name].

[name]Juniper[/name]: I love the spunky [name]Juniper[/name]! :slight_smile: I think that [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] is sweet, although I don’t think it has the best flow.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]: My favorite combo from your list! :slight_smile: I think this is so beautiful!

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]? I love [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name], but now that I say it out loud again, [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] sounds a bit K heavy.

[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]? I think that [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] is K heavy, and I think some of the other combos have a better flow.

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name] are my favorites from your list! :slight_smile:

Good luck with everything!

I think you should name her [name]June[/name]-[name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]. It’s long (and perhaps a bit dash-heavy), but I think it’s very pretty and I think it’s got a lot of the elements that should please both you and your husband.
[name]June[/name]-[name]Lark[/name] is definitely memorable, and while it’s got that light airy feel that I think you’re going for, the [name]June[/name] part and the fact that it’s a little bit longer than a one-syllable name might appeal to your husband, who seems to like more vintage style names. Also, [name]June[/name] begins with that “Joo” sound that you both seem to like (as in [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], and [name]Jewel[/name]).

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Aster[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]

The too-many [name]Julie[/name] thing is really the reason it was only on my list for a second way back when… we actually have a two year old neice, [name]Julia[/name] and try not to name-duplicate in our family. [name]Juliet[/name] seems like a different name from [name]Julia[/name], as long as we don’t call her [name]Julie[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] is much better, [name]IMO[/name]) But, that’s really why I’m wondering if [name]Juliet[/name] is a stand-out name, or would just get lost in the sea of [name]Julie[/name].[/quote]

I have to admit that [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] sound a lot alike to me. Also, I believe these two names to have the same origin and meaning, which, I guess, would make them variations of one another. For me, using [name]Juliet[/name] would be coming very close to name duplication in your family since you already have a [name]Julia[/name]. But maybe that’s not such a big deal, esp. if your niece doesn’t live near you and you don’t see her often. And, for you, I understand, the names don’t seem that much alike.

That’s a nice idea, but I don’t see the need for the hyphen. I’d just spell it Junelark. I assume you have already rejected the earlier suggestions of Larkspur or Skylark, but I mention them again just in case …

"Had a bit of a stressful communication breakdown about her name. We’re shelving the ranking for a few days again, I think.

Initially, she didn’t have a name because I was so very sick and then we chose randomly under pressure without thinking… now, it has become a hot-button issue for DH and I.

My goal still is to choose a name TOGETHER. However, I’m starting to wish and think I may just choose one for her myself, because I’m feeling like a bad parent for not having a NAME I can call her.

I’m trying to work WITH DH, so this is more of a daydream than reality, but I’m wondering, if I presented a really fantastic name combo that I loved (that wasn’t [name]Beth[/name] :frowning: ) if he wouldn’t agree and then we’d be done.

So, these are the names I’m particularly attached to and they are all names we agree on. Play with these names with me? Two middle names okay now. I would like to include either [name]Lark[/name] or [name]Aster[/name], or both.

**What’s your favorite name that can be made from these?

[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]

• [name]Miriam[/name] (not in the first spot)
    Last name sounds like [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]

Here’s what I’ve got:
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]?
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]?
[name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]?

Plus, as a bonus wondering- we’ve talked at length about most of my other names, but what do you all think of [name]Juliet[/name]? I know most of you like it. It strikes me as a dramatic choice, yet understated. Feminine, but not girly. Artsy, but not stuffy. Kind of trendy, though… Would [name]Juliet[/name] be memorable to you? I’m wondering if it only sticks out to me because I’ve never met one… both of use really want a memorable name for her don’t want to unwittingly choose a so-so one when we have so many beautiful stand-out options."

[name]Hi[/name], hun. [name]Juliet[/name] is definitely a memorable name, and I love the way you described it. In my opinion, it is feminine without being frilly, elegant without being stuffy, and creative without being bizarre. Suitable for any type of child and grown woman. And, if it helps, I’ve met just one [name]Juliet[/name] in all my life; amidst many [name]Julie[/name]'s and [name]Julia[/name]'s, the name STILL sticks out for me!

I know you are trying to combine many of the names you love into one name, but in the process of finding the perfect name for your lovely daughter, you don’t want to give her a mouthful. If I were you, I’d save one of the names for a future child, because two middle names and a hyphenated last name is far too much in my opinion. I understand why you want to do it, but in my brutally honest opinion, it is a bad choice.

As I was reading this, it struck me that [name]Lark[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name] combine well into [name]Laramie[/name], a French unisex name meaning “From the [name]Leafy[/name] [name]Grove[/name].” Now, I like this because it is obviously different without being too out-there, and it gives you the natural aspect you were going for. Now, as for [name]Aster[/name], I missed the original conversation about why you love the name so much, but it seems rather harsh and abrupt in my opinion, so I prefer its variants: Astrella, [name]Astrea[/name], and [name]Astra[/name]. Some other names you could use in substitution for both [name]Miriam[/name] and [name]Aster[/name] are [name]Miranda[/name], Mircea, [name]Mirella[/name], and [name]Mirra[/name].

Out of those, my favorite combinations are as follows:

[name]Laramie[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] “[name]Lara[/name], [name]MiMi[/name]”
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Laramie[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Astrea[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] “[name]Julie[/name], [name]Jules[/name]”
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Mirella[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] Mircea [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]

Or, [name]Selena[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name], where [name]Selena[/name] gives you an elegant, mystical name meaning “moon” in Spanish! Good luck!

If you had to pick a name today, I would tell you to pick

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]

1. You both agree on [name]Miriam[/name] and it follows family tradition.

2. You both agree on [name]Juniper[/name], or, at least, it appears on “our list” from your other post

3. [name]Juniper[/name] is a nature name.

4. [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] has great ‘flow’.

5. It’s not “too much” of a name, ie., not too long.

6. You can call your daughter ‘[name]Lark[/name]’ as her pet name.

7. Your husband can come up with his own pet name for little [name]Juniper[/name] or choose from a plethora of nicknames ([name]Juno[/name], [name]Junie[/name], [name]Jule[/name], [name]Jewel[/name], [name]Berry[/name], etc.)

8. [name]Juniper[/name] has been on your list for a while, so it’s had time to “sink in”. It would not be a brand new name that you would be choosing in any sort of hurry.

9. It’s not tainted by personal history the way [name]Thea[/name], [name]Lark[/name], and [name]Blythe[/name] are.

10. It’s a beautiul and distinctive name.

I agree 100% with deirdre:

If you had to pick a name today, I would tell you to pick

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]

1. You both agree on [name]Miriam[/name] and it follows family tradition.
  2. You both agree on [name]Juniper[/name], or, at least, it appears on “our list” from your other post
  3. [name]Juniper[/name] is a nature name.
  4. [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name] has great ‘flow’.
  5. It’s not “too much” of a name, ie., not too long.
  6. You can call your daughter ‘[name]Lark[/name]’ as her pet name.
  7. Your husband can come up with his own pet name for little [name]Juniper[/name] or choose from a plethora of nicknames ([name]Junie[/name], [name]Jule[/name], [name]Jewel[/name], [name]Berry[/name], etc.)
  8. [name]Juniper[/name] has been on your list for a while, so it’s had time to “sink in”. It would not be a brand new name that you would be choosing in any sort of hurry.
  9. It’s not tainted by personal history the way [name]Thea[/name], [name]Lark[/name], and [name]Blythe[/name] are.
  10. It’s a beautiul and distinctive name.

If you really wanted a double middle name now, I would vote for [name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]. The double middle is a lot with the hyphenated last name, but I think this one has the best flow.

Although I like the name [name]Juliet[/name] quite a lot I do not think it is very special or outstanding like your other choices are.

I’m liking [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Lark[/name].

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Lark[/name]…

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] seems like and ideal choice. [name]June[/name] would be an adorable nn. I know you said that you call her [name]Lark[/name] as a pet name but is there any possibility of using it? I think [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] would be a beautiful choice!

[name]Juniper[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] has a nice ring to it…

[name]Aster[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Lark[/name]… although I’ve seen a couple of posts all wanting [name]Lark[/name]… even in the ‘Names for Boys’ forum.

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lark[/name] “[name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]”

I’m sorry but i still politly refuse to include [name]Aster[/name]. [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] are my favorite for the first name spot. so possibly
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Lark[/name] “[name]Jackson[/name]-[name]Ford[/name]”?

[name]Just[/name] wanted to respond quickly to the namers who suggested [name]Laramie[/name]… what a lovely idea, it does combine [name]Lark[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name] beautifully… except (and this is a huge veto except) I live in the Western US near [name]Laramie[/name], [name]Wyoming[/name]… and [name]Laramie[/name] is the name of the town where a young man, [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Shephard[/name], was brutally murdered for being gay. [name]Laramie[/name], to me, is full of sadness and woe.

Someone who lives across the sea should totally pick it up, though, because it is truly lovely.

Oh, wow, I am so sorry for suggesting that, then! I had no idea! Did you like any other suggestions thus far, BabyGrey?