🐚 Please add a brother & sister to my (potential) sibsets

Continuing the discussion from :shell: Do these sibsets work?:

I had two sibsets come to me today. Now I don’t know which third sister and third brother names would fit each of them. Which sister and brother names would go with each of these sibsets?

• :ocean: [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
    :ocean: Orɛstinᴀ
    :ocean: ?
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
    :evergreen_tree: ?

• :ocean: [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
    :ocean: Orɛstinɛ
    :ocean: ?
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
    :evergreen_tree: [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
    :evergreen_tree: ?

Bonus points if you think any of my top names fit.

1 Like

Sibset One
– [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
– Orɛstina
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
– [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
– [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]

Sibset Two
– [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
– Orɛstinɛ
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
– [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
– [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Sampson[/name_m]

1 Like

@EagleEyes I’ve had [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] on my list in the past, but haven’t really looked at them seriously lately… I may have to again. [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_m]Sampson[/name_m] haven’t crossed my list before, but I’ll have to take a look at them. Thank you!

1 Like

So first some suggestions without consideration of your list. I think there are two ways to go. The third name of either gender could reinforce the style differences between the boys and girls, or it could soften them.

Reinforcing the styles in the first set:
[name_f]Frida[/name_f] and [name_m]Nikolas[/name_m]
[name_f]Juna[/name_f] and [name_u]Sean[/name_u]
[name_f]Fenna[/name_f] and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_f]Renata[/name_f] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

Reinforcing the styles in the second set:
[name_f]Sanne[/name_f] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_f]Damara[/name_f] and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f] and [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_m]Julius[/name_m]

Softening the differences in the first set:
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] and [name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f] and [name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_u]Tiernan[/name_u]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_f]Naia[/name_f] and [name_m]Simeon[/name_m]

Softening the differences in the second set:
[name_f]Nola[/name_f] and Thorben
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_m]Eamon[/name_m]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f] and [name_m]Timeo[/name_m]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] and [name_m]Eben[/name_m]

I’m not sure any more if there’s a clear difference between the approaches. Maybe that’s what happens as a sibling set increases. From the names I’ve seen you mention regularly in your posts I would choose [name_f]Inez[/name_f] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] to complete the first sibling set and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] for the second set. I’m not sure what I’d choose for a third girl in that set.

1 Like

[name_f]Annika[/name_f], 0r£stina, [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] and…

[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Embla[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f]

[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]

1 Like

@Greyblue I’m really loving [name_f]Nadine[/name_f], [name_f]Elvira[/name_f], [name_f]Embla[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] for girls and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] (though I can’t use it), [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for boys. Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

@kachenka

1. [name_f]Fenna[/name_f] & [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] certainly stand out to me! [name_f]Juna[/name_f] & [name_u]Sean[/name_u] also are great. [name_f]Renata[/name_f] is a great name.

2. [name_f]Sanne[/name_f] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_f]Vita[/name_f] & [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] & [name_m]Julius[/name_m] are amazing.

3. I’m loving [name_f]Thora[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_f]Naia[/name_f] for girls. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is cute, but too frilly for me. For boys, [name_m]Fintan[/name_m] is adorable. [name_u]Alden[/name_u] isn’t my favorite, but did make me think of [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. Thank you!

4. Thorben and [name_m]Eben[/name_m] are great.

5. [name_f]Inez[/name_f] was one I was leaning toward, but wasn’t sure if it would fit. I can definitely see how [name_m]Peter[/name_m] would work going one way and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] the other.

1 Like

Bump

I think [name_f]Elva[/name_f] would sound quite lovely with these siblings. It has the slightly Scandi vibe of A. and the Germanic vibe of C. but also something magical (probably because it reminds me of elves), which fits well with O. It doesn’t sound strange to an [name_f]English[/name_f] ear either, the sound is quite simple and reminiscent of popular names such as [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Ava[/name_f], which is why I think it also fits in well with M.
As a boys’ name, I think Lukas/Lucas or Jacob/Jakob fit in quite well. Again, both are quite classic, sounding good with M. but also very popular in European countries, which suits the vibe of C. and A.
I think it’s quite common to encounter mixed sibsets with very classic boys’ names and more adventurous girls’ names, so the style difference between [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] or [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and O. isn’t super noticeable to me, especially as the other boys also have classic, and M a very classic, names.

1 Like

@OpheliaFlora Thank you! I’m thrilled to hear Ɛlvᴀ would work with this set of siblings, and would be familiar enough to the [name_f]English[/name_f] ear due to the popularity of such similar names. [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] / [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] would be great, but I’m really loving [name_m]Jakob[/name_m] / [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]. These all are perfect!

1 Like