Please help! Biblical baby name

[name]Hi[/name] there,
My baby girl is due to be induced in two weeks, if she doesn’t come on her own sooner.
Yet after months of debating Biblical baby names I want to start all over again.
My husband has been incredibly picky and has really vetoed just about every baby name I like that. I haven’t vetoed any yet, but I think I’m about to.
The only three we have left are: [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Noelle[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] (or [name]Galilee[/name], as is his preference).
I like all three but feel strange having [name]Noelle[/name] for a baby born in [name]September[/name]. The [name]Lily[/name]/[name]Galilee[/name] thing is really starting to grate my nerves. [name]Lily[/name] is pretty, but I have friends that really love it and want to use it if they ever have a daughter. I don’t feel like it is stealing because they may never have kids, but I just don’t love it the way they do so it feels kind of wrong.
So, back to the drawing board.
I had so many favorites that got passed on by my hubby, but I’m going to make him take a new look.

[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] ([name]Susie[/name])
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lois[/name]
[name]Talitha[/name] ([name]Tallie[/name])
[name]Ruby[/name]

Any other ideas?

Big brother is [name]Gabriel[/name] and middle name - oh that’s an even harder discussion - but I may have gotten him to agree to [name]Seraphina[/name]. I still prefer family names like [name]Marjorie[/name], [name]Lauren[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Thanks!

[name]Phoebe[/name] is a biblical name, which I think is awesome! I also love [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name]. [name]Miri[/name] and [name]Mimi[/name] are so cute!

how about naomi?

My favorite Bible names are already here: [name]Tabitha[/name], [name]Talitha[/name], [name]Naomi[/name], [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Leah[/name]. I love [name]Noelle[/name] too, and I think it’s fine on a [name]September[/name] baby. Other ideas are virtue names. My favorites are [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Joy[/name], but [name]Faith[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Mercy[/name], [name]Patience[/name], etc are nice too. Good luck!

[name]Noelle[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is currently my top pick for a girl’s name for us. I love it! But, if you want to go in a different direction, [name]Leah[/name] is so sweet and similar to [name]Lily[/name] in sound, only much less popular. [name]Leah[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] would be cute. I also really like [name]Susannah[/name]. I’ve recently considered [name]Merry[/name] instead of [name]Mary[/name], but maybe that is too Christmasy for you, too.

I don’t like [name]Galilee[/name] but [name]Lily[/name] would be fine. [name]Noelle[/name] is nice. [name]Leah[/name] is also pretty!

I like…

[name]Abigail[/name] (1 [name]Sam[/name]. 25:3)
[name]Angela[/name] ([name]Gen[/name]. 16:7) - this might be a little on the nose with [name]Gabriel[/name] though
[name]Delilah[/name] (Judges 16:4)
[name]Drusilla[/name] (Acts 24:24)
[name]Eden[/name] ([name]Gen[/name]. 2:8)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] ([name]Luke[/name] 1:5)
[name]Esther[/name] ([name]Esther[/name] 2:7)
[name]Joanna[/name] ([name]Luke[/name] 8:3)
[name]Naomi[/name] ([name]Ruth[/name] 1:2)
[name]Priscilla[/name] (Acts 18:2)

I also really like [name]Noelle[/name] and [name]Christmas[/name] is my favorite time of year so the name would work for me because it is part of who I am so that she is born in [name]September[/name] (9 months after [name]Christmas[/name] - it’s almost funny) wouldn’t bother me.

I think [name]Noelle[/name] is fine on a [name]September[/name] baby. Would you call her [name]Noelle[/name] or [name]Nell[/name]/y/[name]Elle[/name]?

[name]Tabitha[/name] - this is okay, I like [name]Tibby[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] ([name]Susie[/name]) - okay, but I don’t really like [name]Susie[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] - okay
[name]Lydia[/name] - okay
[name]Julia[/name] - okay
[name]Lois[/name] - not a fan of this one.
[name]Talitha[/name] ([name]Tallie[/name]) - love [name]Tally[/name]! I think this is a good combo of the desire for something a little different, something usable, and something Biblical.
[name]Ruby[/name] - pretty, but I wouldn’t really consider it Biblical even if rubies are mentioned in the Bible.

[name]Esther[/name] ([name]Tess[/name])
[name]Dinah[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name] (or [name]Arielle[/name]) similar to [name]Noelle[/name], also in the Bible
[name]Olive[/name] - [name]Liv[/name], [name]Livy[/name]
[name]Moriah[/name]

[name]Jemima[/name], I think that’s in the bible

I think [name]Noelle[/name] is fine for a non-[name]Christmas[/name] baby. I had a bf [name]Noelle[/name] when I was little. I Loved her name and didn’t know until I was older that it was “supposed” to have a [name]Christmas[/name] connection. There are lots people named [name]Holly[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]April[/name], etc… when the names don’t fit with what it’s “supposed” to represent.

My favorite Biblical Girl names are: [name]Angela[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Ester[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Galilee[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Rebekah[/name], [name]Ariel[/name], [name]Candice[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Drusilla[/name], [name]Elisha[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Victoria[/name].

Ultimate List of Biblical Girl Names and Meanings (link says it’s just [name]Christian[/name] names, but the subtitle says: “Girl Names in the Bible” and gives the Book, Chapter, and Verse where each name can be found)

To preface, I would Never advocate doing this!..lol But, I had to share. I usually take the position of the mother needing to take the father’s wishes into account more than they’re willing to. However, there is a limit, and that comes when the father doesn’t like any of her suggestions and tries to veto all of them. There has to be give and take on both sides.

Luckily, my husband and I have been able to land on names rather easily. My sister on the other hand, was in a similar situation with her first. Her husband said “No” to everything she suggested. None of her suggestions were “out-there” in any way at all, she has a VERY tame naming style. He does too, so I’m not sure what his problem was, it wasn’t like he was wanting to name to be more uncommon than her suggestions. She finally got mad toward the end and just told him that She was the one they would hand the birth certificate to, and by that point and after going through the labor, she was just going to write down whatever she wanted to. And, he could just deal with it…lol. That got his attention. She ended up giving him a list of her favorites and he got to pick the one that he liked the best. That’s how we ended up with our [name]Jessica[/name].

Like I said, I’m not suggesting you do that!!! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Gabriel[/name] and little sister [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Leah[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name]!

My favorite biblical names at the moment are [name]Eden[/name], [name]Esther[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Genesis[/name], [name]Selah[/name], and [name]Delilah[/name] (sadly my husband vetoed the last) but [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Leah[/name], [name]Pheobe[/name], [name]Miriam[/name]… they could all be super cute.

I love more obscure names, [name]Talitha[/name] is great but the rest are too common for my taste
Also love
[name]Hadassah[/name]
[name]Havilah[/name]
[name]Priscilla[/name]
[name]Atarah[/name]
[name]Elisheva[/name]/[name]Elisheba[/name]

[name]Olivet[/name]
[name]Samaria[/name]
Phoenicia

[name]Do[/name] you like name [name]Gali[/name] for a girl? [name]Gal[/name] means wave in hebrew and [name]Gali[/name] translates into “my wave”?

Here are some other biblical suggestions:

[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Carmel[/name]/[name]Carmella[/name]
[name]Judith[/name]
[name]Keren[/name]
[name]Noa[/name]

I actually love the name Galilee for a little girl!! I think it’s spunky and sweet all in one. You could use the nicknames Lily/Lilee, Gali, Leah, or Lee.
I also think it sounds awesome with Gabriel’s name. ^^
Also, this will allow you to use Lily without having it be her full name. This way you won’t really offend any friends if they choose to use the name as well.
For a mn I like Galilee Seraphina or Galilee Lauren. Seraphina Galilee and Lauren Galilee are pretty as well. ^
^

Another biblical name that I love is Ahava. It’s mentioned in Ezra 8:15 and 8:21… It means love in hebrew and I believe it’s also a place name and river name like Galilee… :slight_smile:

Still loving Gabriel and Galilee!!!
-<3

I just named my little girl [name]Tabitha[/name]. I’m really happy with it. No one ever needs to ask me again what her name is. It’s a very clear, distinct sounding name. My older daugher calls her [name]Tabi[/name], my mom calls her Bitsy, and my mil calls her [name]Beth[/name].

[name]Sarai[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Dinah[/name]

I really like: [name]Esther[/name] (we know an adorable 1 year old with this name!), [name]Lea/name (I prefer it without the h), [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Eva[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], and [name]Eden[/name]. Good luck!

Yea, I don’t think [name]Noelle[/name] is specifically for [name]Christmas[/name] season babies. I know a [name]Noelle[/name] who was born in [name]May[/name]. I also know a [name]Natalie[/name] that was born in [name]June[/name] and a [name]Holly[/name] born in [name]January[/name]. So I guess I’m saying that all the [name]Christmas[/name] named people I know weren’t even born during that season! :slight_smile:

As far as Biblical names go, how about [name]Junia[/name] (pronounced YOO nee ah)? I also think [name]Carmel[/name] is nice…along with some other place names in the Bible such as [name]Jordan[/name] and [name]Moriah[/name].

What about [name]Magdalene[/name]? I think that is by far my favorite girl’s name from the Bible. You will most likely never come across another little [name]Magdalene[/name], and there are great nn potentials such as [name]Maggie[/name], (if you prefer a more common one,) [name]Lena[/name], [name]Dede[/name], [name]Magda[/name]. After [name]Magdalene[/name], I love [name]Eve[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Leah[/name].