Second Guessing Name Choice

@VioletMoon has said what I feel, along with everyone else! Try to understand that the negative opinions of some have nothing to do with you, although I understand it would be so upsetting. Stay strong Momma. You chose a beautiful name! I love the Averie spelling for a girl.

2 Likes

I would trust your instincts more than the internet!

I think is [name_f]Averie[/name_f] lovely!

We didnā€™t find out the gender of our baby until it was born. [name_f]Girl[/name_f] names were a huuuuuge struggle for us. We went into the hospital unsure, but the only one we agreed was [name_u]Avery[/name_u] / [name_f]Averie[/name_f] (we had a boy). So I might be a little partial or biased, but I do still love the name and think itā€™s perfect for your baby girl! Congrats :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Averie[/name_f] is far sweeter compared to [name_u]Avery[/name_u], I feel! Itā€™s much more flouncy and fluttery! Reminds me of the [name_u]French[/name_u] word ā€œreverieā€ meaning ā€œdreamā€ as well as ā€œavi-ā€œ words to do with aviation and flight! :swan: :dove: Itā€™s a very ethereal spelling. I quite like it.

3 Likes

[name_f]Averie[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! While people may occasionally spell it wrong, [name_f]Averie[/name_f] itself is ranked #487 and expected to become even more popular, so I wouldnā€™t worry too much about it. Like other users have said, all names will have negative associations, all that matters is that you and your husband love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think itā€™s beautiful! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Ainslee[/name_f], which is MUCH more commonly spelled [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], though itā€™s not super common to begin with. Yes, I frequently have to correct the spelling but it has never bothered me. I joke with my parents that they just had to spell my name differently even though it was already an unusual choice, but truly I like my name and donā€™t mind at all.

1 Like

Thank you! Ainslee is very beautiful too!

I love this story! You are so funny.:blush: Also, I think [name_f]Kellie[/name_f] spelled with the -ie is really pretty!:heartpulse:

1 Like

I really like the spelling you chose! For a girl, I think it is better than [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. It should be a simple spelling correction. Itā€™s easy enough to say ā€œavery with an ie at the endā€

1 Like

Thank you to all who responded. You made me feel a lot better. We had a compromise name picked out (Emma). At first I regretted not going with that, but the truth is I didnā€™t LOVE it. It was just a name I was okay with, and truthfully, in the end it just didnā€™t fit when I looked at my baby. I LOVE [name_f]Averie[/name_f], and I deeply appreciate all of the encouragement and positive comments. I am going to embrace my darling [name_f]Averie[/name_f] Graceā€™s name. Thank you again for your kindness.:heart:

5 Likes

I think itā€™s really lovely. The spelling [name_f]Averie[/name_f] makes it feminine. Donā€™t pay any mind to the negative comments, as they are there for any name.

1 Like

All that matters is how you feel. You did not choose a bad name like Tupperware. [name_f]Averie[/name_f] works and you love it.

Itā€™s not my taste, but then neither is [name_u]Avery[/name_u]. Thank goodness because then weā€™d all have the same names!

Hello [name_f]Mama[/name_f]

Firstly congratulations on your daughter :white_heart:

Secondly please feel reassured that you have not gone disastrously wrong with your babyā€™s name youā€™ve chosen a very sweet name. [name_f]Averie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is beautiful such a sweet name that has a slight whimsical flair. I find the ā€˜ieā€™ ending very feminine and delicate I really like this name. Honestly naming is so hard itā€™s a minefield and you can feel overwhelmed with it all (well I did anyways) so youā€™ve done wonderfully well that you found a name you love. I would try to avoid searching her name on the internet or asking others for their opinion on your daughters name you love it end off. As Iā€™ve said before naming is like finding the perfect dress what suits you may not work for your best friend, neighbour or colleague and thatā€™s totally fine itā€™s about personal preference!

Good luck with it all : )

1 Like

[name_f]Averie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is beautiful! I really like the [name_f]Averie[/name_f] spelling. Itā€™s a really nice name, and every Avery/Averie Iā€™ve know have been girls. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is also spelt with an ie but the common version is spelt with a y and it has never been a problem.

1 Like

Its lovely

1 Like

Thank you, I absolutely loved everything you said. Naming my daughter was so, so stressful for me. Itā€™s nice to know I am not alone in that. I always thought it would be fun!

Thank you for the compliments on my babyā€™s name. [name_f]Averie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] feels very light and whimsical to me too. I just think it is so beautiful. I need to be confident in my decision.

I suppose it would have been safer to choose something that would get less of a reaction, even if I didnā€™t love it as much, but she really just looked like an [name_f]Averie[/name_f] to me.

I guess I thought I would regret passing up on the name too. It was a very confusing time.

I just hope she grows up to love her name as much as I do.

1 Like

[name_f]Averie[/name_f] is definitely feminine to me, I know itā€™s technically unisex but the name as a whole (look of all spelling variations and sound) seems feminine.

It is a beautiful name and combo!

1 Like

I think when choosing a unisex name that adding an ā€œieā€ can make it so much more feminine feeling! People could mispronounce, but people also mispronounce very basic names. As long as you like how itā€™s spelt as the parent who will write it and type it all the time, thatā€™s all that matters!

Iā€™m considering doing the same thing with [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #2 ā€˜s name. We like [name_u]Emery[/name_u], but may do [name_f]Emerie[/name_f] instead!

1 Like

Thank you! I agree that it sounds feminine either way. I think the -ie ending of [name_f]Averie[/name_f] makes it look even more beautiful and feminine.:heart:

I found naming my daughter [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] very stressful honestly I just wanted to get her name right and sometimes I still have moments of doubt. I went through the whole name regret thing and I sometimes still have doubt. I think choosing a more well known name to British public would make life easier as people really struggle with her name. However I know that [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is perfect for my little girl just like you know [name_f]Averie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is perfect for yours!

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Averie[/name_f] is really pretty and I like that it feels more feminine

1 Like