Please help me; I'm afraid of making my whole family mad.

[name]Hi[/name], my parents and in-laws all hate the name that we have chosen for our daughter, [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Elise[/name]. She will be our fourth girl and my husband has always loved the name. I’d like to choose the name he loves, especially since this is our last one and there are definitely no sons coming! I’m afraid, however, about making all of the grandparents mad. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I’ve not had the same experience…but how shallow is the family to get “mad” over you using the name for YOUR child that YOU like and they don’t??

In the end, you and your husband get to make the decision of what to name your child, not your in-laws or parents. Hopefully, they’d love the child whether she were named [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Katie[/name] or Tweedledee.

I’m sure that once baby [name]Daisy[/name] is here, your family will love her and her name. I would absolutely go with the name that your husband loves- your opinions are the most important and far overshadow anybody else’s. [name]Daisy[/name] is a sweet, sweet name. I think that it will be a very special bond between your youngest daugter and her daddy to know that he picked her name out and felt so strongly about it. I really really do. She will always think of him with affection when she thinks of her name later in life.

I agree with others- little [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Elise[/name] will love that Mom and Dad felt so strongly about her name, and considering you’re her parents, that’s all that matters. Any nay-sayers will get over themselves and their unasked-for opinions when they meet your darling daughter.

Never doubt your choice! [name]Daisy[/name] is just lovely. <3

[name]Hi[/name]!

I’m sorry about that! I think you both should choose the name you love most, regardless of others’ opinions, but if you feel you cannot use [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Elise[/name], why not use [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Elise[/name]? [name]Daisy[/name] is a legitimate nickname for [name]Margaret[/name], so daddy would get his [name]Daisy[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Both[/name] my father and my mother-in-law flat out told us that they strongly disliked the name we were planning to name our son. My father and my mother-in-law were the most controlling people in our family. They loved to try to boss my husband and me around. Well, we just said, too bad, that’s what we’re going to name him. Then those two loved our son’s name after a while.
It is important to love our family members, but not to let them control us once we’re adults. I would just say, you had your chance to name your children. Now I’m an adult, my husband is an adult. We are going to make our own decisions now.

Thanks, everyone! That has been very helpful. I guess I just need more backbone!

[name]Daisy[/name] is a nn for [name]Margaret[/name] in case you didn’t know. [name]Just[/name] another option. I can see [name]Daisy[/name] as not being someone’s cup of tea, but it’s not like youre naming your child Xyvaenae or something.

They will get over it and fall in love with the little girl:) My mom HATED [name]Isla[/name]'s name and always gave me crap about it, even put my grandmother up to calling her [name]Ilsa[/name] before she was born. But now she loves it and couldn’t see any other name on her.

GL!