Please help me name my baby girl!

This has been such a long exhaustive process for me, but I think I’ve finally got it down to two names.

[name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name]

Questions…

1. Which do you like better?

2. What traits, personalities, or first impressions do you think about when you hear each name?

3. [name]How[/name] do YOU pronounce [name]Eliana[/name]? (I intend it to be eh-lee-ah-na)

4. [name]Ellie[/name] is popular (maybe more so, not sure?) but so is [name]Julie[/name], since this isn’t the main name, it shouldn’t be a deciding factor right?

Last name is spanish and begins with the letter A. [name]Lucia[/name] is not set in stone 100%, but we really like the name. The middle name doesn’t have to be spanish but must keep with the flow tying the first and last name together.

My hope is to get a pretty name, not VERY popular, exotic like, flows on tongue nicely, both elegant but at same time cute.
Thanks for your input!

If my questions are too long, any general thoughts on the name would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve shed tears over this process because I thought it would be fun but it hasn’t. I haven’t found that one name (I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen every name known to man at this point) that I just ‘knew’ was the right one. These two have been narrowed down after many, many rounds of elimination so I’m not sure I’ll every find that name that just hits you and then you ‘know’…

I just think it’s time to decide and move on with my life. I feel like I am somewhat lacking in my emotional connection to her , maybe because she doesn’t have a name, and its making me sad…

I like [name]Juliana[/name] much better, and I think it’s a great choice. [name]Eliana[/name] is pretty, but it sounds like it describes someone who might be a bit standoff-ish or spoiled, sort a diva-ish name. [name]Juliana[/name] is far more grounded, still just as pretty but friendly and approachable. And [name]Julie[/name] is nowhere near as popular as [name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]. You could also always shorten to [name]Anna[/name] or when she’s little, for that cute affect, you could use [name]Jules[/name].

[name]Don[/name]'t be sad!!! The nameberryites are here to help!

I prefer [name]Eliana[/name], though both are gorgeous.

2. What traits, personalities, or first impressions do you think about when you hear each name?
    [name]Both[/name] [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] seem romantic, feminine, and strike a lovely balance between exotic and classic. Their melodious qualities remind me of birds and princesses! :slight_smile:

3. [name]How[/name] do YOU pronounce [name]Eliana[/name]? (I intend it to be eh-lee-ah-na)
    I pronounce it the way you do. However, you might run into some issues with the pronunciation, as I have heard people say eel-ee-ah-na.

4. [name]Ellie[/name] is popular (maybe more so, not sure?) but so is [name]Julie[/name], since this isn’t the main name, it shouldn’t be a deciding factor right?
    If [name]Ellie[/name] would be what she would be called most of the time, then yes, I would definitely consider the popularity. However, if it would just be an occasional nickname, it probably would not matter as much.

I am not sure if you are open to more suggestions or if you have already thought about these, but I think that the names below might be a good fit.

[name]Pilar[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] there! I’m also considering [name]Eliana[/name] for my baby girl so I’m biased to choose that one. I also pronounce it the way you are pronouncing it. [name]Both[/name] [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] are beautiful names (I just have a negative association with the name [name]Juliana[/name] or else it would probably have been on my list as well). However, I think that [name]Eliana[/name] just has that certain something else about it that makes it more exotic. Perhaps its because I have known 3 Julianas in my life and no Elianas, but it just sounds like a regal type of name to me like an exotic princess. If you really can’t decide between the two I would wait and see what your daughter looks like and which name seems to fit her personality once she is born. Again, you can’t go wrong with either name but [name]Eliana[/name] gets my vote. Good luck!

Questions…

1. Which do you like better? I love [name]Juliana[/name]!

2. What traits, personalities, or first impressions do you think about when you hear each name? They both have that slightly exotic, lovely -iana sound but I agree with pp that [name]Juliana[/name] sounds more grounded (I think this is the “cute” factor you’re going for in addition to the lovely grown up name) and [name]Eliana[/name] sounds a little spoiled. I don’t know why I think this; I’ve never known any Elianas or Julianas.

3. [name]How[/name] do YOU pronounce [name]Eliana[/name]? (I intend it to be eh-lee-ah-na). I pronounce it the way you do.

4. [name]Ellie[/name] is popular (maybe more so, not sure?) but so is [name]Julie[/name], since this isn’t the main name, it shouldn’t be a deciding factor right? I don’t think it should be a deciding factor unless you plan to call her that all the time. For occasional use, the popularity of [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Julie[/name] wouldn’t bother me.

Good luck! You may be right that once you’ve settled on a name, your thoughts and emotions will be able to focus more on the baby since it will be more concrete.

I like [name]Juliana[/name] more, I think it is a beautiful and feminine name, it rolls off the tongue and is a true classic.

There are no pronunciation issues with it either and while [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] could be sisters I would naturally lean toward [name]Juliana[/name] more.

1. What traits, personalities, or first impressions do you think about when you hear each name?

[name]Juliana[/name], well bred, feminine, from [name]Holland[/name]? stupid thought, I think what a great name. She would be intelligent, poised, beautiful and fun.

hannali you have achieved your goal with the choices that you have made. Congratulations, hope that your sadness can be turned around and you feel confident and happy with your final name.

My vote is as I said [name]Juliana[/name].

I like [name]Juliana[/name] better. Very pretty. Also love the suggestions of [name]Paloma[/name] and [name]Pilar[/name]…such cute names!

Hubby and I are both Spanish speakers and we like [name]Juliana[/name]. Congratulations!

[name]Hi[/name] there! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time choosing a name, but like [name]Sally[/name] said, we’re here for you! :slight_smile:

1. Which do you like better? I think that both [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] are beautiful, but I think I like [name]Juliana[/name] better.

2. What traits, personalities, or first impressions do you think about when you hear each name? [name]Eliana[/name] reminds me of a girl with dark hair (every [name]Eliana[/name] I’ve known has dark hair) who is very creative and intelligent. [name]Juliana[/name] reminds me of someone who is sweet, down-to-earth, and gentle. For some reason, [name]Eliana[/name] strikes me as being a bit harsher than [name]Juliana[/name].

3. [name]How[/name] do YOU pronounce [name]Eliana[/name]? (I intend it to be eh-lee-ah-na): I pronounce it like you do.

4. [name]Ellie[/name] is popular (maybe more so, not sure?) but so is [name]Julie[/name], since this isn’t the main name, it shouldn’t be a deciding factor right? You could also use the “[name]Lia[/name]” nickname, because both names contain “lia.” (And there’s also [name]Jules[/name] for [name]Juliana[/name]…)

I love your idea of [name]Lucia[/name], too!

Middles:

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] (meer-AY)
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Lourdes[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Lucia[/name] (with three syllables):

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Lourdes[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rosette[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

If you’re using the ch sound:

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

If you use two syllables (LOO-shuh)

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t fret - Nameberry is here to help!

I honestly think I like them about the same amount. [name]Both[/name] are pretty names…

1. What traits, personalities, or first impressions do you think about when you hear each name?

[name]Eliana[/name] is playful and sweet, stubborn and curious. She might be a bit more of a tomboy, but she is still feminine and lovely. [name]Juliana[/name] is all girl - she reminds me of a little ballerina, with dark hair and a pink tutu. She has a sweet smile and a cute giggle that come out when she is very happy. She is determined and sassy, elegant and friendly.

1. [name]How[/name] do YOU pronounce [name]Eliana[/name]?

Well, just like you, of course! [name]Eliana[/name] is elle-ee-[name]AH[/name]-nuh, whereas [name]Iliana[/name] is ill-ee-a[name]AH[/name]-nah.

1. [name]Ellie[/name] is popular (maybe more so, not sure?) but so is [name]Julie[/name], since this isn’t the main name, it shouldn’t be a deciding factor right?

Well, I wouldn’t use either of those nicknames, personally. [name]Ellie[/name] is popular and a tad bit childish, so I might call her [name]Elle[/name]. [name]Julie[/name] is dated in my opinion, so I’d call her [name]Jules[/name] (/jewls/). But, I’d probably call them both [name]Ana[/name]…

That wasn’t very helpful. [name]Both[/name] are lovely. I guess, if I had to pick, I’d choose [name]Juliana[/name], because I love [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Jules[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Questions…

I like both very much but [name]Juliana[/name] more so.

When I hear [name]Eliana[/name], I’m afraid I think of a girl that is slightly spoiled. I also think of a little girl with pink ribbons and golden curls.
    [name]Juliana[/name] feels more grounded to me, like pps said, but she also has an unmistakably feminine quality. She’s cheerful but can be serious and she is very gentle.

I pronounce it like you but be aware that their may be some confusion among other people trying to pronounce her name.

[name]Julie[/name] isn’t a popular as [name]Ellie[/name] at this time. Also, [name]Julie[/name] is slightly more selective in the names it can be a nn for while [name]Ellie[/name] can be a nn for any name that starts with ‘el’. It shouldn’t be a deciding factor unless you use solely her nn all the time. I love the nns [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Jules[/name] more than [name]Julie[/name] though.

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clarisse[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Monique[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Lucretia[/name]

Good luck :wink:

Thank all of you so much for taking the time to answer my question, I’ve been reading through all of your responses and they are very helpful!