Please help me narrow down my list of names

So, my husband and I are having a difficult time narrowing down our list of names. We tend to like unisex names for our little girl followed by a girly middle name (in case she hates her first name when she is older). My oldest daughters name is [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Rose[/name], so I would like a name that fits well with her sister. Here is the list that we are down to so far:

[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Shelby[/name]
[name]Addison[/name] (love the name, but hate how popular it is)
[name]Kinsley[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] (not a unisex name, but we like this name)

I think that my preferred names are [name]Delaney[/name], [name]Shelby[/name], and [name]Autumn[/name], but my husband seems to prefer [name]Harper[/name], [name]Kinsley[/name], and [name]Hadley[/name]. We both like [name]Addison[/name], but it seems too popular and I would rather her have a more unique name. Sorry this is such a long post. Thanks for your input :slight_smile:

My two favorite from this list are [name]Harper[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name]. Have you looked into some more unisex names? A few of my favorites are:
[name]Scout[/name]
Hollyn
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Dakota[/name]

I kind of like Hollyn, but am not sure if I like the nn [name]Holly[/name]. [name]Cameron[/name] is cute too. Thanks.

[name]Delaney[/name] is my favorite!

[name]Autumn[/name] is my favorite!!

What about [name]Campbell[/name] or [name]Cameron[/name]? These are my favorite unisex names out there!

I like [name]Delaney[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] most :slight_smile:

[name]Emerson[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name]

[name]Both[/name] sound great to me? Any specific middle names in mind?

I like [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I like [name]Autumn[/name] then [name]Harper[/name] the best.

[name]Delaney[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] are my two favourites

I would definitly eliminate [name]Addison[/name] from your list. Not only is it very trendy, but I think having two daughters whose last names end with -son is a little too matchy matchy.
Have you considered [name]Avery[/name] or [name]Waverly[/name]?
Those are my favorite unisex names.

Another thing to consider: not sure what nn your daughter goes by, but [name]Emerson[/name] does allow the possibility of nn’s [name]Emma[/name] or [name]Emmie[/name], which are decidedly more feminine (so she doesn’t even have to resort to using her middle name if she wants a girly name). I think it would be nice for her sister to have the same option, and if it were me I would seek out a name with that same type of flexibility. If you feel the same way, [name]Delaney[/name] might work best of of all the names on your list because it has the potential nn [name]Nina[/name].

I do kind of like the name Campell with the possible nn [name]Cammie[/name]. My older daughter does go by [name]Emmie[/name], so it would be nice if her sister had the option for a feminine sounding nickname as well. It is funny how much more difficult it has been to pick a name this time around :slight_smile:

I kind of like [name]Autumn[/name]. I prefer [name]Allison[/name] to [name]Addison[/name]. I kind of like [name]Addison[/name] and it’s inevitable nickname ([name]Addie[/name]), but I think it is too new to know how it will wear over time. I tend to like popular classic names because they have stood the test of time already. I have never understood why popular is a bad thing if it is a nice name. Everyone tries so hard to be different I guess. There is safetly in numbers I guess. Try the name on at all different age levels and see what you think.