Please Help or my son will be nameless

Hello everyone,

I’m six months pregnant. I opted not find my babies gender (in my opinion there are too few surprises in life so this one will be one). This is my first baby and I’m hoping its a girl (I’ve wanted a girl ever since I can remember).

I also have a name picked out if it’s a girl. I have always like the name: [name]Mahayla[/name] [name]Jean[/name]. [name]Jean[/name] is my mom names and she was a great mother to me and want to honor her. The only thing I’m not sure if I should put it together so it’s [name]Mahayla[/name]-[name]Jean[/name] and then pick another middle name.

If it’s a boy I have no idea. I life the name [name]Alejandro[/name] (but I’m not hispanic so I’m not sure if that would be too weird). If it’s a boy the middle name has to be Dervont (after my grandfather) so please help chose something that goes well with it.

I’m up for any suggestions…

I love Hispanic names even though I’m not Hispanic. [name]Alejandro[/name] is gorgeous. Also love [name]Javier[/name] nn [name]Javi[/name] (pronounced Hah-vee). [name]Love[/name] [name]Mateo[/name].

I would keep [name]Mahayla[/name] [name]Jean[/name] as separate names.

For a son

[name]Beau[/name] Dervont
[name]Beau[/name] [name]Jean[/name] Dervont
[name]Rhett[/name] Dervont
[name]Chase[/name] Dervont
[name]Laurence[/name] Dervont
[name]Emile[/name] Dervont
[name]Paul[/name] Dervont
Revere Dervont
Whitfield Dervont
[name]Sebastian[/name] Dervont
[name]Alexander[/name] Dervont
[name]Atticus[/name] Dervont

Also love [name]Leandro[/name] and [name]Francisco[/name] nn [name]Cisco[/name]. [name]Cisco[/name] is so cool! Also, [name]Cruz[/name]! Supercool!
[name]Daniel[/name] is a great name because it’s spelled the same in Spanish and English.
So is [name]David[/name].
[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Timoteo[/name] nn [name]Teo[/name]?

I have a friend who named her now 2 year old [name]Makayla[/name] jean. Its an ok name.

Because a [name]Mahayla[/name] will likely encounter spelling and pronunciation issues with her name (I can see it being confused with [name]Michaela[/name]/[name]Mikayla[/name], etc.), I’d personally just call her [name]Mahayla[/name], leaving [name]Jean[/name] in the middle, to keep things as simple as possible.

If you like [name]Alejandro[/name], I personally don’t see any reason why you can’t use it.

[name]Elias[/name] Dervont
[name]Finnian[/name] Dervont
[name]Gabriel[/name] Dervont
[name]Harrison[/name] Dervont
[name]Lazaro[/name] Dervont
[name]Nathaniel[/name] Dervont
[name]Nicholas[/name] Dervont
[name]Raphael[/name] Dervont
[name]Samuel[/name] Dervont

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who posted it had been really help full. If the baby if a girl it definitely name her [name]Mahayla[/name] and keep [name]Jean[/name] as her middle. And of it’s a boy I’m now wavering between [name]Alejandro[/name], [name]Cruz[/name] (it’s the city I visited frequently as a child while I lived in [name]Jamaica[/name]), [name]Beau[/name] and [name]Harrison[/name].
Thank again to everyone.