Please help us choose

Please give us your opinions on our shortlist and, if possible, could you tell us why you do/do not like these names. We are also open for suggestions. Thanks!

• [name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivian[/name]
  • [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name]
  • [name]Genevieve[/name]
  • [name]Meredith[/name]
  • [name]Charlotte[/name]
  • [name]Audrey[/name]
  • [name]Josephine[/name]
  • [name]Freya[/name]
  • [name]Natalie[/name]
  • [name]Arwen[/name]
  • [name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivian[/name] - love, spunky
  • [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name] - love, much better than [name]Julia[/name]
  • [name]Genevieve[/name] - love the nn [name]Gen[/name]
  • [name]Meredith[/name] - love, and just “Mere” is nice
  • [name]Charlotte[/name] - dislike, too popular
  • [name]Audrey[/name] - dislike, not my taste
  • [name]Josephine[/name] - like [name]Josie[/name] better than [name]Josephine[/name]
  • [name]Freya[/name] - like, what are your nickname options, if any?
  • [name]Natalie[/name] - just ok
  • [name]Arwen[/name] - dislike, I just can’t see a kid liking it for herself

Thanks! I tend to agree with you - they are sort of ranked in order of preference. I’m already starting to dislike [name]Arwen[/name]. [name]Just[/name] threw it in for a more alternative option, I guess. And as much as I love [name]Charlotte[/name], it is very popular in [name]Oz[/name] too (which repels me a little).

• [name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivian[/name] — I don’t like them because it first reminds me of the daughter on Dance moms and her mom always calls her “vivi” and it’s annoying. BUT my second thought of the name is of [name]Vivienne[/name] from Pretty Woman ([name]Julia[/name] [name]Roberts[/name]) and I love love [name]Julia[/name] [name]Roberts[/name] :slight_smile:
  • [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name] – I think it’s a beautiful name. I Know a girl named [name]Juliet[/name] and she goes by her full name and I think it’s gorgeous
  • [name]Genevieve[/name] - Not my favorite, G names are weird for me for girls
  • [name]Meredith[/name] - I’ve known two Merediths and they were both ugly. Also It reminds me of the Parent Trap where the evil stepmom was named [name]Meredith[/name]
  • [name]Charlotte[/name] - Beautiful name, one of my favorites, I love the nickname [name]Lottie[/name] or [name]Charlie[/name]
  • [name]Audrey[/name] - There’s an awful human on this earth named [name]Audrey[/name]. I can’t describe how horrible of a person she is. She is pretty though and I think most people would associate the name with [name]Audrey[/name] Hepburn. Can’t say it’s my favorite though.
  • [name]Josephine[/name] - Reminds me of [name]Willy[/name] Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
  • [name]Freya[/name] - I like it, pretty but unique and uncommon
  • [name]Natalie[/name] - meh. I think it’s been overused in the past decade.
  • [name]Arwen[/name] - What? Is this even a name? Not feminine at all.

Sorry if those were too honest, I always try to give my very first thought about a name when I hear it. :slight_smile:

• [name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivian[/name]: dislike, not to my style
  • [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name]: like [name]Juliet[/name], becoming pretty popular though
  • [name]Genevieve[/name]: my cousin has this name, she goes by her full name with no nickname, I like it
  • [name]Meredith[/name]: it’s ok, I’m not sure I like the “dith” part on the end, it’s a little ugly
  • [name]Charlotte[/name]: too popular
  • [name]Audrey[/name]: like this way better than [name]Aubrey[/name], it has a Hollywood glamour aura
  • [name]Josephine[/name]: dislike, reminds me of the aunt from A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • [name]Freya[/name]: dislike, I just don’t think this is pretty
  • [name]Natalie[/name]: like, although I hate the nn [name]Nat[/name]
  • [name]Arwen[/name]: dislike, sounds very masculine