Please help us name our new blonde Shepherd mix pup!

We’ve had this sweetheart nearly two weeks now and we STILL haven’t settled on a name!

Our last female dog who passed away of old age 2 years ago was [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]. We have a 7-year-old male Husky/[name_f]Collie[/name_f] mix who looks [name_m]JUST[/name_m] like this new pup named [name_u]Blaze[/name_u], and a male [name_u]Blue[/name_u] Heeler named Buckshot / “[name_m]Bucky[/name_m]”, so bonus points if her name flows nicely with theirs.

Hubs wants to call her [name_f]Xena[/name_f] or [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] - I don’t like [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] for short.
I like [name_f]Maisy[/name_f], [name_f]Gracie[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_u]Ember[/name_u], or [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. Hubs doesn’t like [name_f]Lena[/name_f] because it sounds so similar to [name_f]Xena[/name_f] and if he can’t have that he doesn’t want anything that sounds too similar to it. :roll: I loved [name_f]Zara[/name_f] because her sister at the animal shelter was [name_f]Zora[/name_f], but hubs shot that down immediately. He wants a [name_m]German[/name_m] name or something of “neutral” origin (his words) like [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f]. [name_f]Greta[/name_f] was suggested as a possibility but we have family members who have already used both [name_f]Greta[/name_f] and [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] for pets.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] fishing for other ideas that we might have overlooked. What would you name her?

EDITED TO ADD: Names that we have already used for other pets. We have a small herd of dairy goats named Harmony, Hazel, Nutmeg, Nellie, Maeve, Penny, and Prudy. And we have or have had in the past cats named Angel, Snow-Snow, Marigold, Freya, & Lola.

I really like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] from your list of ideas, both are very pretty.

A couple of quick suggestions I thought of are:

[name_f]Emilie[/name_f], which is just the [name_m]German[/name_m] spelling of [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f]/[name_f]Milly[/name_f] maybe?)
[name_f]Anke[/name_f]
[name_f]Evi[/name_f]

Sorry if my suggestions aren’t very good. I do really like some of the ones you listed though!

[name_m]Kale[/name_m]?
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]?