Please help us narrow down our list of names...

My husband and I were discussing names last night, we are not currently pregnant but I love to discuss/think about names for our future children. Could you please help me decide which names go the best as siblings:

Girls:

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Tula[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (probably the front runner, as we love both names and have loved this name for a very long time)
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (this name has special meaning as it translates to ‘red rose’ which may be a little cheesy but for all the big important events in our life I have always received a red rose from my husband, thus if we named our child this it would be the best ‘red rose’ gift he could ever give me)
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (see above)
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Emery[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (love the name [name]Rose[/name] and it has special meaning (see above) and [name]Emery[/name] would be after a friend of my husband’s who passed away)
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (my dad always had the nickname JP for me while growing up, as he always called me his JackPot (said he hit the jackpot when I was born) and he still calls me this to this day, so I thought it would be fun to use the same initials and maybe have the same nickname for my daughter someday-plus I just like the name)

Boys:
[name]Nixon[/name] [name]Emery[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (my husband is a big history buff and loves [name]Richard[/name] [name]Nixon[/name], thus the first name and [name]Emery[/name] is after his friend who passed away)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Nixon[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (see above)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Martin[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] ([name]Charles[/name] is after his friend who passed away and [name]Martin[/name] is my maiden name)

Thank you so much for your assistance with this!

[name]Lauren[/name] (and [name]John[/name])

[name]Hi[/name] - love your ideas and the meanings behind them. I think [name]Genevieve[/name] is beautiful and has lots of potential for cool nn’s such as [name]Evie[/name]. I also really like [name]Juliet[/name]- classic and very pretty. [name]Scarlet[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is pretty but I feel like [name]Rose[/name] is so overdone as a middle and [name]Scarlet[/name] to me is a name only certain girls can pull off:-)

Boy names - [name]Nixon[/name] sounds so coo! I love that it has meaning but also sounds modern, fresh, and a little quirky! Very cool. [name]Charles[/name] is nice but nothing new or different- depends what you are going for.

Good luck trying!

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Emery[/name] & [name]Charles[/name] [name]Nixon[/name]! although [name]Rose[/name] [name]Tula[/name] or [name]Tallulah[/name] would be pretty too :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Tula[/name] [name]Kerby[/name]: Oh, I love this so much! :slight_smile:

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Kerby[/name]: When I say [name]Rose[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] out loud, the s attaches to [name]Kerby[/name] and sounds like “Skerby,” which sounds really close to “scurvy” to me. Because of this, I like the non-[name]Rose[/name] names better. You may also like [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rosaline[/name] [name]Kerby[/name]. (I love that, and it doesn’t sound as obvious a red rose theme as [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name].)

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Emery[/name] [name]Kerby[/name]: See above…

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (my dad always had the nickname JP for me while growing up, as he always called me his JackPot (said he hit the jackpot when I was born) and he still calls me this to this day, so I thought it would be fun to use the same initials and maybe have the same nickname for my daughter someday-plus I just like the name): I love [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]! :slight_smile:

I honestly think that all of your girls’ names work together.

Boys:
[name]Nixon[/name] [name]Emery[/name] [name]Kerby[/name]: I love Presidential names, but because [name]Nixon[/name] was disgraced and impeached, is known (and mocked) for his “I am not a crook” speech, and is like a lightening rod for strong negative feelings, I can’t see [name]Nixon[/name] on a child (or person of any age). It would be a shame for people to associate their negative feelings about [name]Nixon[/name] with your son, so I’ll vote for the combo that uses [name]Nixon[/name] in the middle instead.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Nixon[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] (see above): I’ll vote for this instead of the above combo. (I hear the Skirby sound, like with [name]Rose[/name], but it may just be me.)

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Martin[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] ([name]Charles[/name] is after his friend who passed away and [name]Martin[/name] is my maiden name): I think this is handsome, too. I actually love [name]Martin[/name] as a first name with [name]Kirby[/name]! I’m sorry about the loss of your husband’s friends.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Martin[/name] are perfect i think.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Lauren[/name],

I really love [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Tula[/name] [name]Kerby[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Kerby[/name], and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Nixon[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] together! I could definitely see these as siblings and they have cute nickname potential: [name]Evie[/name], [name]Lettie[/name], and [name]Charlie[/name]!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your advice!

[name]Jill[/name]: I had never thought of that when I said [name]Rose[/name] [name]Kerby[/name] outloud, but now that you mention it, it does sound like ‘Skerby = scury’ thank you for pointing that out as I would definately not want that being associated with my child! =)

I have always loved [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Tula[/name] and it always keeps coming back so I think this one is it if we ever have a little girl. As for a little boy, I had never really though of [name]Martin[/name] [name]Kerby[/name], but I like it! Perhaps [name]Martin[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Kerby[/name]?

Thanks again for all your help with this, you guys are the best!

No problem! :slight_smile: I wasn’t sure if I was the only one who heard Skirby/Scurvy, but I thought I’d mention it just in case. [name]Rosaline[/name] or [name]Rosabelle[/name]/Rosabel prevent the “scurvy” sound. I’ve loved your [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Tula[/name] from day one! I think it’s so amazing! ([name]How[/name] did you think of using [name]Tula[/name]?)

Someone posted recently about having a son named [name]Martin[/name], and thought it was such a great name! I love [name]Martin[/name] [name]Kirby[/name]! :slight_smile: (Wow! [name]Martin[/name] is #221! I had no idea it was used so often now!)

Take care!

[name]Martin[/name] [name]Kirby[/name] is a fun name!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Tula[/name] [name]Kirby[/name] so much!

Since it doesn’t sound like you’re interested in [name]Rose[/name] anymore, how about [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Kirby[/name] as another possibility?

I am all into meaning and special meaning of names. I think your daughter will love the story one day, I know I do! Please name her [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! I love [name]Rose[/name] [name]Emery[/name] as well, but it doesn’t have the family factor!