Please help with a name for my second girl.

I am having my second daughter at the end of [name]July[/name] and I am having a very hard naming her! My first born’s name is [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Ada[/name]. We have a double last name that is Hispanic/Anglo. More than likely, the middle name will be [name]Marie[/name] (after my mother). Here are my current front runners:

Lain (my current favorite)
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Hyacinth[/name]

I like the idea of finding another girls name that doesn’t end in an A. Also, since [name]Sloane[/name]'s name isn’t very popular at all, I am trying to avoid anything that is too common (which can be so hard to anticipate!). Sigh this is my last child and there are so many good names out there that I am having a terrible time narrowing down on just a couple.

As you can see, my names are all over and I really can’t find a cohesive theme. Please help! Any suggestions/opinions/ideas are welcome.

[name]TIA[/name]!
K~

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Marie[/name] are my favorites!

I like [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Alice[/name], and [name]Hyacinthe[/name] the best!

:slight_smile:

I love [name]Adelaide[/name]! [name]Charlotte[/name] is one of my faves too but seems like it moving up the popularity lists so I keep going back and forth on it. GOod luck!

Yeah, I am thinking of removing [name]Charlotte[/name] from my list because of popularity. :frowning: It’s too bad because I really like it. My mom and [name]MIL[/name] both like [name]Waverly[/name] the best.

Im loving [name]Waverly[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name]! [name]Both[/name] work great with [name]Sloane[/name]! One thing to point out though is how similar [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Ada[/name], as well even though you love the name Lain (as do I), it is VERY similar to [name]Sloane[/name] (-loane and lain) and acts almost as a tongue twister.
hope this helps!

You’re right; I wasn’t really seeing the similarity of [name]Sloane[/name]/Lain. Hmm. Definitely something to consider. I kind of like that [name]Adelaide[/name] is similar to [name]Ada[/name]. I like that it’s a subtle matching of their names. I need to stop finding new names too. I saw someone on here suggest [name]Larkin[/name] for a middle name and thought to myself “hey! that would be a great first name!” Ugh!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think the style of [name]Laine[/name] is best with [name]Sloane[/name], but they do sound pretty similar to me. I think many of your other choices are too feminine to really “go” with [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Ada[/name]…

What about something like [name]Blair[/name], [name]Ellis[/name], [name]Grier[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], or [name]Quinn[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Lain ” I, surprisingly, like Lain. :3 I usually don”t think I would like something like Lain, but it does have a lot of appeal! However, you may also like something that feels similar to me: Laima. I do, though, with Lain, immediately think of a, well, lane.
[name]Adelaide[/name] ” I really like [name]Adelaide[/name] lately. It”s the name of a song from a French band I like and it”s really lovely to hear her say it! It”s very nice.
[name]Waverly[/name] ” Not a big fan of [name]Waverly[/name]. It fits in with the whole surname for a first name trend, I think, and I (personally) just think that it”s masculine without being boyish enough for a boy, though sort of unisex, if that makes any sense whatsoever.
[name]Isadora[/name] ” Beautiful. It feels classic and friendly to me, very warm and sweet, and I like it better than [name]Isabella[/name]. It feels strong without being masculine, and I very much like that.
[name]Celeste[/name] ” Another one of my favorites; [name]Celeste[/name] is really, really pretty and youthful feeling but classic. I really liked it after hearing it in Interview with the Vampire, and she was very devious and interesting. I just think it”s very pretty and… for lack of a better word, quite literally cool sounding.
[name]Anais[/name] ” Pretty; but I”m not sure if I”m a big fan or not. I”ve seen [name]Anais[/name] on the boards a good amount before, but I”ve never really formed an opinion of it; I”ve always just felt sort of… indifferent to it.
[name]Alice[/name] ” I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Alice[/name]! I just read ”[name]Alice[/name]”s Adventures in Wonderland” and ”Through the Looking-Glass and What [name]Alice[/name] found there” so I love it very much, especially right now. With the whole Twilight craze, I do think it has the potential to become popular.
[name]Charlotte[/name] ” I like [name]Charlotte[/name]; but, as you”ve said, when compared to [name]Sloane[/name], it does sort of… fizz out, I suppose? I do, actually, think that they”d make good siblings despite this; but it would be a bit odd having one that has a name you rarely ever hear and one that has a common name.
[name]Hyacinth[/name] ” I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] this. I have a character by this name, and I just find it… glorious, if you will! It”s so unusual and lovely. Words can”t express how I love this so, haha. (:

My favorites: [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and Lain ” to narrow it down: [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and Lain.

I have always been a fan of [name]Waverly[/name]. I love that name. [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Marie[/name] sounds really pretty.

My vote would go to Lain (though it is similar to [name]Sloane[/name]) and [name]Waverly[/name] the others seem to feminine and frilly compared to the sleek sounding [name]Sloane[/name]

One of my daughters were planned to be [name]Sloane[/name], but I changed my mind just few days before she was born. That’s why I’m voting for a one of the girls’s suggestion of [name]Grier[/name] - another of my girls is named so and I still regret sometimes, I didn’t used this perfect couple. [name]Grier[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is a perfect match of classical feminine and a bit avantgarde elements

Thank you so much for your break down! It is a huge help. [name]Alice[/name] is definitely for Wonderland and not Twilight, LOL! I absolutely adore those books and read them a bunch of times when I was younger. [name]Hyacinth[/name] is from a [name]Gene[/name] [name]Wolf[/name] book that I was reading when I was pregnant with [name]Sloane[/name]. After she was born, I actually wanted to change her name to this.

I appreciate all the input. I’m a writer, so sometimes I get completely carried away with the whole naming thing!

I love love [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Grier[/name] with [name]Sloane[/name]. I think [name]Grier[/name] matches most closely stylistically speaking, but something about the ‘girlishness’ of [name]Alice[/name] paired with the unisex [name]Sloane[/name] REALLY appeals to me, its as if they’re on opposite but complementary ends, kind of like yellow and purple or something . . .

and [name]Hyacinth[/name] I just adore as a name in general, especially for the cheery/enthusiastic nickname Hyo - I would never be brave enough to use it which is why I love when others do, it’s as if some sort of equilibrium is being established

SO I think those three are winners ([name]Alice[/name], [name]Grier[/name] or [name]Hyacinth[/name])

I am digging the name [name]Grier[/name], but I don’t think I could use it. :frowning: I had a speech impediment as a kid and the double ‘r’ sound is still hard for me to say! I know I would stumble over it. When I originally found out that I was pregnant, I said that we would name her [name]Hyacinth[/name] and didn’t think about anything else.

I just have cold feet for it because it’s really unusual and hard to spell! I do love it though!

From your list, my favorites with [name]Sloane[/name] are [name]Waverly[/name] and Lain, but because of the similarity between [name]Sloane[/name] and Lain, I’ll go with [name]Waverly[/name]. :slight_smile:

Some more like Lain and [name]Waverly[/name] you may like:

[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Blakely[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name] (You could nickname her [name]Lainey[/name]/[name]Laney[/name], which is close to Lain)
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Kirby[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] (nn [name]Bee[/name] or [name]Willow[/name])

Good luck!

I vote for [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

I love the name [name]Adelaide[/name], so romantic and classic. So from your list, that would be a vote!

FYI: I considered that for my third child, but dh didn’t like it. So we went with the French version of [name]Eleanor[/name] which is [name]Ali[/name]”nor (but we spelled it [name]Aly[/name]”nor to avoid the word “alien”!)