Please Rank These Names!

I’m searching for a girl’s name for our new addition. We don’t know the sex yet but I’m planning in advance. Sisters are [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]. Our last name is Italian and starts with T and ends with O. Here’s what we have so far:

[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Adria[/name]
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Adella[/name]

Please let me know your favorite and least favorite. I’m open to all feedback and suggestions. Thanks! :smiley:

[name]Silvia[/name] is my favorite!

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of these names. I will say that I prefer the spelling [name]Sylvia[/name] to [name]Silvia[/name], but that is simply a matter of taste. I know an [name]Adria[/name] and think it’s a very pretty name, but people do get confused and call her [name]Andrea[/name] very often.

They’re all pretty, but in order from favorite to least favorite:
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Adella[/name]
[name]Adria[/name]

Favourite to least favourite (bearing in mind I REALLY like all these names!!):

[name]Adria[/name]
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Adella[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]

That was really hard to do - the reality is I wanted to rank them all joint first.

As for which goes best with [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] (again, two names I adore - you have amazing taste!) - I think [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Silvia[/name] are a little similar. I like that if you used [name]Adella[/name] all 3 girls would have an L in their name but still have 3 distinctive names. I don’t think [name]Nora[/name] goes that well with the sibset, and I don’t like that [name]Elena[/name] is a variation of [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Eleonora[/name] and that [name]Nora[/name] can also be a diminituive form of those names, and that they have the same meaning in Greek. I really love [name]Adria[/name] with the set though. So my favourites with your other childrens names are:

[name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Adella[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Elena[/name] and [name]Adria[/name]

Best of luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input! It really helps. I hadn’t thought about the fact that [name]Adria[/name] would be constantly confused with [name]Andrea[/name]. I think I’ll have to rule that one out since we already have an [name]Andrea[/name] in the immediate family. Anyone else?

I see your concerns on [name]Adria[/name].

I love all of those names, but here is how I would rank them (favorite being on the top, least favorite on the bottom):
[name]Silvia[/name] (or [name]Sylvia[/name])
[name]Adella[/name]
[name]Adria[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]

1 [name]Nora[/name] (this is not my favourite name from your list but this does not clash so much with your daughters names).
2 [name]Silvia[/name] (I prefer the spelling [name]Sylvia[/name] but since your Italian I guess you want it with an “i” instead of a “y”. My only concern is that [name]Silvia[/name] sounds similar to [name]Cecilia[/name]).
3 [name]Adella[/name] ( I prefer [name]Adela[/name] but Italians like two “l”'s. Another concern is that this name shares the letters “el” with your other daughter [name]Elena[/name]).
4 [name]Adria[/name] (not my fav)

Some other suggestions for your third daughter. My favs are in bold.
[name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Elena[/name] and sister…
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Chiara[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Daria[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Elisabetta[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]