Please save me from Rambo!!!

Okay, so here’s the dish.
My huckleberry and I are expecting our little bundle in [name]March[/name]. This is his first child and my second. All of this turmoil began with a simple request. (Warning - Backstory) My grandfather had four daughters, only one of those daughters had children, my mother. Being the only son of an only son, my grandfather is the patriarch of our legacy and although his memory will live on, his name will not. I want to honor my grandfather by choosing a name modeled after his. Now that leads me to our dilemma. My grandfather’s name was [name]Newman[/name] [name]Tiger[/name], no middle name but everyone called him by his nickname, [name]Bo[/name]. My oldest son shares his last name which means we are now left with [name]Newman[/name] or [name]Bo[/name] for son #2. We are not in love with either name and have been looking for alternative names that include or are similar to [name]Newman[/name] or [name]Beau[/name]. [name]Honey[/name] has now decided that [name]Rambo[/name] is perfect for a middle name. Try as I might, I simply cannot find a fitting rebuttal. So PLEASE any suggestions???

Honestly, I agree with you. [name]Rambo[/name] is not a good middle name and no rebuttal you could give would be anywhere near as good as that every kid deserves to have a name that both parents love and you simply don’t love [name]Rambo[/name]. What if he’s a nerd? What if he doesn’t like [name]Rambo[/name]? What if he’s very blonde and slender? None of that matters as much as the fact that you don’t want your child to have that name.

I agree with the pp; plus you could tell your [name]Huckleberry[/name] that you feel some names are just too iconic for any child to be saddled with without being subjected to stereotypes and teasing.

Where I’m from, [name]Beau[/name] is pretty popular as a stand-alone name. Some parents use [name]Beauregard[/name] as well. I’m from [name]Louisiana[/name], though, and the name is of some historical significance in the state, which carries with it some baggage of its own!

Were you looking at using these as inspirations for first and middle names or just one? A few that spring to mind are;

[name]Bowen[/name]
Beauman
Beaufort
Beaumont
[name]Neo[/name] - is latin for new

I like [name]Beau[/name] as a name in it’s own right.

Or what about;

Bodhi
Bowie
Boyd
Bolton
Booker
Boone

I second [name]Bowen[/name] or [name]Bowman[/name] (prefer this spelling) as a way to honor [name]Newman[/name] “[name]Bo[/name].” [name]Beau[/name] works as a stand-alone name, but for some reason I don’t like [name]Bo[/name] on it’s own.