Please share your opinion on the following list.

Hello all.

[name_f]My[/name_f] list so far is :

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
Aleksander
[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Deveraux[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]

I would love your opinions on the list.

Thank you.

I love [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m], [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] (the 3 syllable pronunciation), and Aleksander. I have most of them as middles, and [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] as a first :). Devereux, and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] are okay, but I’m not a huge fan of [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]. I prefer [name_u]August[/name_u] to [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], because I feel like the ‘gus’ sound is more prominent with [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], and I really don’t like [name_u]Gus[/name_u].

From your list, I love:
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Deveraux[/name_m]

They are strong male names that will definitely stand out.
A few of them will have pronunciation issues, if that bothers you.
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] is confusing to me, while [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] are ordinary in my opinion.
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] and [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] are favorites for me.
:slight_smile: x

We are going with [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] for a boy, so that’s my pick! I also quite like [name_m]Lucian[/name_m].

I like-
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]

The rest are not my style.

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]: nms. I don’t like B names in general and the first syllable just feels weird to me. “Balth.” Feels medieval, reminds me of both “bald” and “scathe.”

Aleksander: love this name with this spelling. So handsome.

[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]: Feels exaggeratedly [name_m]German[/name_m] outside of Germany if that makes sense. Can’t get past the literal meanings of each syllable. Wolfie is a cute nn- for a pet.

[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]: The meaning of “august” plus the flow of the name make it feel very grounded. Personally prefer [name_m]Augusten[/name_m] or [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] to the -us repetition of [name_m]Augustus[/name_m].

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]: handsome. I’m not loving the -us endings though. Too Latin and archaic, so they feel a bit stuffy. Amais is much more my style. Also, are you a big [name_m]Mozart[/name_m] lover? :slight_smile: I can’t help but also think of the song “[name_m]Rock[/name_m] Me [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m].”

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]- I have always liked this name but worried that it was limited to a meek type of boy. Then I met a [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] who is a grungy teenaged skater who goes by “Seabass”- funny, but totally fitting and endearing.

[name_m]Edward[/name_m]: perfectly fine but pales next to your other choices.

[name_m]Devereaux[/name_m]: I don’t like the ending -eaux when said aloud, and it feels a tad contrived. Also can’t help but think of the character [name_f]Blanche[/name_f] [name_m]Devereaux[/name_m] from “[name_u]Golden[/name_u] Girls.”

[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u]. [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] is even better.

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] - I love this name a lot. I actually think a little kid named [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] is perfectly cute. NN Zar
Aleksander - I like it. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is one of my favs & I like this spelling too
[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] - I don’t love this. [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] + gang causes anxiety in my brain. And [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] was plagued by financial, alcoholic, mental illness, and health problems, so that comes to mind. Sorry!
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] - nms
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] - see [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - love this name. It’s consistent near the top of my boy list. NN [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] or [name_m]Bas[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] - this is a nice name
[name_m]Deveraux[/name_m] - I used to love this name. I still like it. I discovered it when I was 10 in one of the Harlequin Romance novels my mom hid in her closet.
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name. For me it is a rather gothic name but I like that.

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:
Alecksander- I prefer the spelling [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], but I like how [name_m]Alec/name_m (which I love) is more prominent with this spelling and pronunciation
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]- I prefer [name_u]August[/name_u], but this is such a handsome name
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]- a strong, masculine name
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]- I prefer [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], but [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is very nice
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]- nice name. I like the nn [name_m]Luc[/name_m] (as in [name_m]Luke[/name_m])
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]- I like how unusual this name is and it flows well

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], [name_m]Deveraux[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] are just nms.

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]- I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this. No reason, just do.
Aleksander- I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] because I’m more used to it, but this spelling is pretty cool.
[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]- Really, really like this-even though I’m not a fan of [name_m]Mozart[/name_m].
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]- Powerful. The TFIOS character kinda ruined it for me, but I still really like it.
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]- I prefer the feminine version of [name_f]Amadea[/name_f], but I still like it’s sound.
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]- One of my favorites. A bit sad that its been stereotyped as an old butler.
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]- Never really liked this, and the Twilight character doesn’t help.
[name_m]Deveraux[/name_m]- Very handsome. I can’t decide between Devereux and [name_m]Deveraux[/name_m]…but both are rather attractive.
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]- I like this, but I’m a huge Pokémon fan and it reminds me of a character. But still a favorite.

Out of all, I would say [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] or [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] would be my favorite, with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] following close behind. Good list!