Please vote and help me decide!

Apologies if I have asked this before but I really need to just make a decision so would love everyone’s help! No idea what I’m having so atm Shiloh is my top choice, but does it fit being a longer name? love Romy but isit to matchy!? And barely any boys names or stand alone girl names! Sibling to Reon & Irie, and any suggestions you may have!

• Romy - unisex
  • Shiloh - unisex
  • Lumi
  • Enya

0 voters

1 Like

I find [name_u]Romy[/name_u] a little similar to [name_m]Reon[/name_m] and [name_u]Irie[/name_u], but the others work well. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] as well – it’s familiar but cool and offbeat, feels totally gender-neutral to me, and isn’t too long at all. It’s the same length as the others in terms of sound, it’s just got a couple of extra letters. I have also seen it spelled [name_u]Shilo[/name_u] or [name_u]Shylo[/name_u] if you’d prefer a shorter spelling.

[name_f]Enya[/name_f] and [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] are lovely but both read definitely feminine to me. I do like the idea of [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] on a boy though, and it does go brilliantly with the sibling names.

5 Likes

Yes [name_u]Romy[/name_u] may just sound like a mash up of the other two names and I’d prefer sibling to have their own stand out name if that makes sense. You’re right I keep thinking does [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] look out of place being longer but it does work as in same sound!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] will most likely be a [name_f]Libra[/name_f] so I also thought the meaning of peace, tranquil worked well with [name_f]Libra[/name_f] star signs traits.

[name_f]Lumi[/name_f] is lovely and I seem to veer towards the ee sounding names but worry it’d end up sounding too much and curtsey.

I think [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is way too close to both of your other kids’ names. And I think [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] is even too close because it still has a lot of similar sounds. I think [name_f]Enya[/name_f] could work but I’m just generally not a fan of it so I didn’t vote for it, but if you do like it then I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t use it.
I voted for [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] because I really like the name and it doesn’t sound too similar to either of your other kids’ names. I actually have been trying to convince my SO that [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is a good name but they just can’t get past the dog association.

2 Likes

[name_f]Enya[/name_f] is lovely just a little choppy sounding.

I am in the same boat I mentioned it to mum and she keeps mentioning the American civil war which is not an association I make.

Does anyone else have any other thoughts or gem of a name that would flow well! X

[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] is fantastic for a boy or a girl! Great sound and meaning!!

With [name_m]Reon[/name_m] and [name_u]Irie[/name_u], I’ll throw in the suggestions of:

[name_u]Dash[/name_u]
[name_u]Jett[/name_u]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
Zeph
[name_u]Jazz[/name_u]
[name_u]Blue[/name_u]

[name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_f]Jovie[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_f]Nala[/name_f]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]

1 Like

I really like it too can’t quite put my finger on what it is tho I just immediately love the sound of it.

Some great suggestions there, quirky, still unsure if I should stick with the four letters or go with longer ti balance it out a little!

I’m not sure if you’re planning on having more kids or not, but my general philosophy is that if your first and second kid have an accidental theme, the third kid is where you have to decide to continue it or break it. If you have three kids with the theme and then the fourth doesn’t it seems a little weird to me and may make that kid feel left out. But with the third most people won’t even notice you broke a “theme” and even if someone does notice it’s easy to dismiss it as just a coincidence.

2 Likes

Yes thats true and as previously noted it still has a similar sound as to seem out of place

I like [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] to go with siblings [name_m]Reon[/name_m] and [name_u]Irie[/name_u]. They are all 4 letters and 2 syllables

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input!

I love [name_f]Enya[/name_f]

1 Like