[name]Blake[/name]

Other names:
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]

Which one is your favorite and why?
:slight_smile:

[name]Calla[/name]

It’s a very pretty floral name you don’t hear too much. I love how it has a fitting-in standing-out quality.

[name]Caroline[/name] is my favourite. If you want to make it more trendy, try [name]Carolyn[/name].

[name]Natalie[/name] - I think this a very pretty name and have always loved it even though it’s popular.

[name]Fiona[/name]…
Underused, not too simple (like [name]Calla[/name], [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Abby[/name]), good history and sonically pleasing ^^ Everything to make a good name!

[name]Ava[/name].

It’s perfect, and I’ve loved it practically since birth. Unfortunately, the popularity means I won’t use it. But if I’m going to hear a name everywhere I go, I don’t mind it being this one.

[name]Abby[/name]: I’d personally go with [name]Abigail[/name], using [name]Abby[/name] as a nickname. (To me, [name]Abby[/name] on its own isn’t substantial enough…) I love [name]Abigail[/name], but its massive popularity has kind of ruined it for me.

[name]Katharine[/name]: I really love this name, and despite its popularity, I still think it’s fantastic.

[name]Caroline[/name]: I adore this name!

[name]Natalie[/name]: I prefer some of the other names on your list…

[name]Rachel[/name]: As much as I love Biblical names, [name]Rachel[/name] feels overused to me, and I associate it with the 80s.

From the classics, I’m voting for [name]Caroline[/name].

From the Popular list:
[name]Ava[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, but it’s way, way, way too popular to me.

[name]Avery[/name]: I’m personally not a fan of [name]Avery[/name], and it feels trendy to me…

[name]Blake[/name]: I personally prefer feminine names on girls.

[name]Calla[/name]: I think that [name]Calla[/name] is gorgeous…

[name]Fiona[/name]: I love this, too…

[name]Scarlett[/name]: Ditto…

If I can only choose one, I’ll go with [name]Caroline[/name], because I love its timeless feel and elegance.

Although I didn’t choose the name as my #1 from your list, I think that the combination of [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is lovely. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks…You guys are no help at all! Haha
Each one of you picked a different name so I am still as confused as ever.
Any other opinions out there?

From the Classics:
[name]Abby[/name] - as a nn for [name]Abigail[/name] this is nice but not outstanding, in my opinion.
[name]Katharine[/name] - lovely.
[name]Caroline[/name] - pretty.
[name]Natalie[/name] - I do like this, but it feels almost dated …
[name]Rachel[/name] - as with [name]Natalie[/name].

I vote for [name]Katherine[/name].

From the Popular list:
[name]Ava[/name] - so sweet and pretty.
[name]Avery[/name] - it reminds me aviaries, where birds are kept.
[name]Blake[/name] - too blunt for me (although I adore [name]Blythe[/name]).

I vote for [name]Ava[/name].

Other names:
[name]Calla[/name] - I feel like this should be a nn for something … (like [name]Cora[/name] for [name]Cordelia[/name] or [name]Willa[/name] for [name]Wilhelmina[/name]).
[name]Fiona[/name] - okay.
[name]Scarlett[/name] - not my personal style, but both cute and spunky.

I vote for [name]Scarlett[/name].

I completely agree.

[name]Fiona[/name]

Its so beautiful. It has a soft flowy sound to it, its easy to pronouce but not heard very often. I think mn’s would be easy to choose, you daughter would love having it, and there are no obvious nicknames. [name]Fiona[/name]!

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is my all time favourite combo. I love [name]Ava[/name] and can understand the popularity of it. It is a beautiful name. [name]Caroline[/name] is my name and a true classic and it means joy so it has everything going for it. I like the nn’s of [name]Calla[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Carys[/name], [name]Cas[/name] and even [name]Carolina[/name].

So, if you want a combo that encompasses all the elements you like [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is it.

If you want to use [name]Calla[/name] as a nn then just reverse the combo to [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Ava[/name].

[name]Katharine[/name]!

I think this is a name that will never lose its class. It ages well and has a huge variety of nicknames to choose from. The spelling you have is my favorite, but I’m biased, it’s my moms name, and my sister and I have had a lifelong argument over who gets to pass it on to the next generation!

[name]Calla[/name] is my favourite, but as I also adore [name]Caroline[/name] I’m going to second other posters’ idea of using [name]Calla[/name] as a nn for [name]Caroline[/name] and then you get both. Beautiful!

Here’s some combos I like:

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] - ( could use [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name] as a nn to differentiate her from all the other little [name]Ava[/name]'s - I am deterred from using [name]Ava[/name] b/c of it’s popularity but should one really skip a name you love b/c it’s popular to choose something unique that you may like less???)

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] ( and use [name]Calla[/name] as the nn)

[name]Aveline[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] ([name]Aveline[/name] combines the beloved sounds of [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]?)

I think I am drawn to use [name]Scarlett[/name](or [name]Violette[/name] even) as a middle name because I am not brave enough to use it as a first name.

Any opinions on these? Any other combos that would sound good? Thanks

I second this thought!

From the Classics:
[name]Abby[/name]
[name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]

I vote for [name]Katharine[/name]. I think it’s because and more original then [name]Katherine[/name]. I can imagine a baby and an adult with that name.

From the Popular list:
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]

I vote for [name]Avery[/name]. I don’t like [name]Blake[/name]…I really like [name]Ava[/name] but I prefer it more exoctic - [name]Avery[/name].

Other names:
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]

I vote for [name]Scarlet[/name]…because I don’t like the others at all !

If I must vote for only one, it would be [name]Avery[/name].

I think [name]Caroline[/name] nn [name]Calla[/name] is a great idea!

Some combinations :
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Blake[/name] *
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] - I just had to add this one in; I love it! *
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Ava[/name] - these seem to blend together a little, though …
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] *
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]

Good luck!

I second what twinkle said. My opinions on those names are exactly the same!
[name]Katharine[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] for me too.

I vote for [name]Katherine[/name]. I’ve always loved that name. [name]Love[/name] the spelling too.