Please vote for your fave!

See the results of this poll: Which first name to go with Gabriella Grace?

Respondents: 32 (This poll is closed)

• Vivienne: 13 (41%)
  • Cecilia: 13 (41%)
  • Madeleine: 6 (19%)

I love voting in polls so don’t worry! I went for [name]Vivienne[/name] but it was a close call betweey [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Cecelia[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong [name]Madeleine[/name]'s lovely too but I do think the mad sound in names is a little over done at the moment.

I adore [name]Cecelia[/name] and think it goes great with [name]Gabriella[/name] but I chose [name]Vivienne[/name] for two reasons. One, it has a lovely meaning compared to [name]Cecelia[/name]'s not so nice one (though my fav name is [name]Claudie[/name] which means lame so I don’t think meanings should rule your decision, I’m just nit picking because I love both names!) and two, I love the cute nn [name]Vivi[/name]!

I don’t think [name]Vivienne[/name] is too Brangelina at all because it’s a lovely classic name but I actually prefer the name [name]Viviana[/name]. And I think it matches [name]Gabriella[/name] better in style. I love both though!
For combos maybe [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Eva[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Violet[/name] - trying to remember some of the names you liked from before!

Has your partner come around to a V name now then?

I was wondering earlier, what is it he loves about [name]Madeleine[/name]? I was thinking if it’s that sweet, slightly quirky but classic and feminine French vibe, maybe he’d like [name]Amelie[/name]? Or [name]Coralie[/name]? Or [name]Charlotte[/name]?

That was a tough decision! It was a very close call between [name]Madeleine[/name] & [name]Vivienne[/name]. I ended up choosing [name]Vivienne[/name]. I adore all 3 names, but [name]Vivienne[/name] has a place in my heart. I truly wish it was used a lot more frequently than it is now.

Middle names:
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Lorena[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Brianne[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Nicolette[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Tess[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Eileen[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Diana[/name]

I voted for [name]Cecilia[/name]…I love it with [name]Gabriella[/name]! For a mn, I would go with [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Cate[/name].

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Cate[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] again, lj!
I’m sure you know most of the background…[name]Brent[/name]'s favorite (currently) is [name]Madeleine[/name] (I’m not exactly sure what draws him to this name…trust me, it isn’t the French thing! I’m sure he doesn’t even know it’s French. Anyway, I asked what he liked about it and he wasn’t really able to verbalize.)

My personal favorite is [name]Vivienne[/name], and I’ve just recently been considering [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Brent[/name]'s not a huge fan.

He recently told me he was ok with [name]Victoria[/name], which is obviously a “V” name, so I’m wondering why he can’t be won over to [name]Vivienne[/name]. :slight_smile: Doubtful. but I’m going to try!

The prevalance of “Mad” names is what is really deterring me from [name]Madeleine[/name]…I’m trying to see if I can get DH to be persuaded to agree to something else. :frowning: He thinks I care too much what other people think. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Elsie[/name],

I like all three names. [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], and [name]Madeleine[/name] are all great classics. Due to the prevalence of Mad- names, and the [name]Maddie[/name] nickname, I’ll go ahead and eliminate her. Yes, she’s beautiful, but I think you are worried about using a name with so many varieties - so many other [name]Maddie[/name]'s are out there…

Between [name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name], I think both could go well with [name]Gabriella[/name]. [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name] or [name]Gaby[/name] and Cece are both great nicknames. Speaking of, I would probably spell [name]Vivian[/name] as “[name]Vivian[/name]” - I just like the simplified spelling more with [name]Gabriella[/name] - and [name]Cecilia[/name] as [name]Cecelia[/name], just to get that Cece nickname, or even [name]Celia[/name]! If this were my child, I would choose [name]Cecelia[/name], simply because I find [name]Vivian[/name] to be very strong, while [name]Cecelia[/name] has strength from those prominent consonant sounds but that -lia ending gives her a feminine flair that fits beautifully with the girly [name]Gabriella[/name]. So, either one is great, but I like [name]Cecelia[/name] more.

[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Alice[/name]*
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Frances[/name]*
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]*
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]

[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]*
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Tess[/name]

Does [name]Brent[/name] like these names, too?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

All three work and are lovely, but I voted for [name]Cecilia[/name] (it was down to [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] for me). I would not spell it [name]Cecelia[/name]; it’s a made up spelling, and in my opinion, misspelling a name like [name]Cecilia[/name] takes away from its classicality and sophistication. All three names are lovely, though; you really can’t go wrong! :slight_smile: [name]Madeleine[/name] is a little overused, but it’s a nice, classic name, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it being too common. :slight_smile:

Well I actually [name]Ike[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] most, but I voted for [name]Vivienne[/name]. To my eyes, it just goes perfectly with [name]Gabriella[/name]. [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name] are just so cute together! And [name]Vivienne[/name] is your favorite! [name]Just[/name] a note, I pronounce [name]Vivienne[/name] with much more emphasis on the N than I do [name]Vivian[/name]. More like ViviENN than vivi-in. The way I say them, [name]Vivienne[/name] sounds about a million times prettier!

I really love [name]Cecilia[/name], too! And you can still call her Cece, my great grandmothers name was [name]Cecilia[/name] and she went by Cece her entire life. I think it goes well with [name]Gabriella[/name], but not as well as [name]Vivienne[/name]. Also, I think it’s a better idea to go with your favorite than one you’re just starting to like. BUT that’s just me!

UGGHHHH ok so nameberry just crapped out on me and deleted my entire post!!!

Anyway, I was going to say, I am sort of nervous that [name]Cecilia[/name] is sort of a “rebound” name after I’ve been considering [name]Madeleine[/name] for so long. I guess if I still like it throughout [name]October[/name], it might be the one. And if I can get DH to agree to it. He got all pissy with me tonight and pulled the, “Fine, you just go name the kid” schpiel, and I sort of wanted to take him up on it, but then I feel too guilty!! :frowning: I think I’ll just keep tossing these ones around in my head for the next 11 weeks and see what happens. I have to admit, [name]Madeleine[/name] is sort of growing on me…I had some conversations with some friends today and they made me feel better about it, too. :slight_smile: I really do want [name]Brent[/name] to like her name.

I say [name]Vivienne[/name] like vivi-ENN too, but I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t last - I’m sure it’d end up like [name]VIV[/name]-ee-en. Still, I think it looks the cutest and freshest (besides [name]Viviana[/name], which seems sort of “made-up” to me). [name]Vivian[/name] seems the most old-ladyish to me. (Sorry, [name]Lemon[/name]!!!) :slight_smile:

Ok, so a few things I just thought of in case I can’t get the old DH to agree to anything else:
I hope you guys don’t think I’m totally lame…but what if we named her [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Eva[/name] and called her [name]Emmie[/name] (like M.E.) for short? I realize [name]Emmie[/name] probably isn’t a whole lot less popular than [name]Maddie[/name], but it might be something different.

Or, what do you guys think about [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]? Is it too long? I do prefer [name]Cecilia[/name] to [name]Celia[/name], which sort of reminds me too much of a seal. :slight_smile: And maybe we could call her Cece for short? I feel like this is kinda weird, but I’d be willing to do it.

and p.s…I printed out the top 500 names of 2009 and asked [name]Brent[/name] to highlight is favorite ones. I’ll post his list on my “horse” thread. If you guys need a laugh, you should check it out. Seriously.

Ha, of course you want [name]Brent[/name] to like her name! It is good that you are starting to like [name]Madeleine[/name] more, or is it? I don’t know anymore…

I don’t take offense that you think [name]Vivian[/name] is the most old-fashioned at all! If I were being truthful, my favorite spelling of the name might actually be [name]Vivien[/name]. I just like to cut off a few letters, I guess! And, yeah, I say both [name]Vivien[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] with slightly more accent on the “en” than the “[name]Viv[/name],” I think.

I’m not sure about [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Eva[/name] “[name]Emmie[/name],” to be frank. Sure, I’ve heard of people doing that, but as you said, [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] and everything in between are really just as popular as all the Mad- names, so I’m not sure you’d be saving yourself any trouble, and it might be confusing. But, if you like [name]Emmie[/name] more, then you should do that! I still think [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Eva[/name] is a gorgeous combination.

I don’t find [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] too long, really. Yeah, it might be better with a one-syllable last name rather than a two-syllable one, but it is a very subtle difference. They are two great classics paired together in a very stylish, vintage name! I love it! Okay, I slightly prefer [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Celia[/name], but I see your point with the “seal” thing. And, no, it isn’t too weird to call her Cece if her name is [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] - plenty of people go by their middle names! But, would [name]Brent[/name] call her [name]Maddie[/name] and you call her Cece? You could still do that, too…

I can’t wait to see his list!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I know, [name]Lemon[/name], I can’t decide either if it’s good or bad that [name]Madeleine[/name] seems to be growing on me. I think that’s why I feel so conflicted about this! [name]Do[/name] I like it? [name]Do[/name] I not like it? [name]Do[/name] I like it but not like it just b/c of the popularity? Ugghh…I’m going crazy…

Yes, you definitely should check out his list. I was appalled. There are a few acceptable ones on there, but the rest is just crap…literally! Anyway, I’m starting to think I should count my blessings and take [name]Madeleine[/name] (or [name]Cecilia[/name], if I can get him to come around to it). :slight_smile:

Oh and p.s., I do like [name]Vivien[/name] too!! Maybe if I spell it that way he’ll like it LOL!