Please vote on our 5 top name combos!

[name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] is lovely! The “Sense and Sensibility” association is a lovely one, and I like it that it is a family name for you. I’m usually not crazy about honoring someone who hasn’t played a huge part in my life, but what was your grandmother like? I have [name]Kate[/name] as a MN on my list to honor my great-grandmother, and I only met her a few times in my life, all when I was young enough that I would never remember her. My parents have pictures of me with her, though, and my grandma has told me stories about Grandma [name]Katie[/name], so the connection is strong enough for me to use it. Then again, my mom’s name is also a variation of [name]Catherine[/name], so it gives me all the more reason to use it. :slight_smile:

And I don’t think it’s morbid/depressing/weird to give your child a name of a family member who died young. It’s not like she died as a baby and there’s a stigma to the name, right? You’re honoring your grandmother. I’m sure your family would appreciate the sentiment, and if your little girl grows up hearing stories about her great-grandma, I’m sure she would love the association.

Thank you, ashthedreamer! From what I have heard, my grandmother was a wonderful lady - humble, giving, and loving. My mom loved her very much and I like she would be honored by us using the name. I always wished I had a family name myself, but my parents chose to give me two names they liked without family connection. Oh well! Family stories are great to pass down.

So…you voted for [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] before (which also honors family, albeit less directly). Which would you choose now -
[name]Adriana[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] or [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]?

ha! I don’t know. I love them pretty much equally. And honestly (as you can see in my signature!), I’m a huge fan of two MNs, so I would probably just opt for [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] or something, even though it is a bit rhymey. Or you could do [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] [name]June[/name] or something?

My vote goes for [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], a classy combination. [name]IMO[/name] the rest nemes you’ve chosen as posible middle names just do not fit [name]Adriana[/name] as style.

I really like [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]! I don’t think it’s weird that you never knew her, or that she died young, unless it’s weird to you. You need to be comfortable with it. [name]Love[/name] the reference to [name]Elinor[/name] Dashwood too. :slight_smile: [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] is right up there beside [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] to me, and I may like it better. Good luck!