Poet Ciel

thoughts on Poet Ciel?? recently heard both of these names (separately) and fell inlove, then made them a combo and i can’t get over it! it’s just so pretty to me! (btw i didn’t like Poet as a name before, i found it weird but now i love it)

just to add, i’m taking about it for a sim name :))

3 Likes

It’s too similar in length for me. I also associate Ci3l solely with a friend of mine by that name so that may be part of it lol

1 Like

it feels too wordy for me, with Poet being an english word and Ciel being the french word for sky

6 Likes

yea ive thought about that, but i’m really only talking like sim names cause 1. i’m not pregnant and 2. i wouldn’t name my child that lol i just thought it sounded cool besides the meaning! :))

1 Like

oh! i think it’s lovely name for a sim, then!

1 Like

haha thank you!! btw, i’m sorry if i sounded rude in that last reply i couldn’t figure out how to say it without sounding grouchy lol

1 Like

oh you didn’t sound rude at all hahah

yea true! both four letters… maybe i could call a sim Poet Estelle to make it longer but sound the same haha

1 Like

Ooh i like that!!!

Maybe [name_m]Preston[/name_m] [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] or [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] [name_u]Ciel[/name_u]. [name_u]Paxton[/name_u] [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] is cute too.

I like [name_u]Poet[/name_u] and [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] but separately, regardless if it’s a sim or not. And I associate [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] with the anime [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_m]Butler[/name_m], and [name_u]Poet[/name_u] with [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] for some reason makes me think [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u], specifically his poems; [name_u]Raven[/name_u] and Annebeth. But then again, if it’s a sim I say go for it still, a human? No.

1 Like

I don’t really like it tbh, sounds word-y to me. I think [name_u]Poet[/name_u] (or Ciel) work best with well-established names.

it sounds a bit wordy to me but I like both separately !!

It’s cute for a sim!

I think it’s pretty cool! I keep seeing stuff about it being to wordy but that didn’t even occur to me, I think it sounds nice (assuming I’m saying it right I could always be wrong :woozy_face:)!

[name_u]Poet[/name_u] [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] is gorgeous and arty!

It’s a little wordy for me but like most people have said, I also like these separately. Since it’s for a sim, I think you should go for it!

I don’t think it’s too wordy. It’s not like it’s two words in the [name_f]English[/name_f] language and, even if it was, there are some word name combos that sound fine as long as the words aren’t from the same family (e.g. floral names).

I think [name_u]Poet[/name_u] [name_u]Ciel[/name_u] is lovely.