Poll: Adele vs. Adeline vs. Penelope

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like best?

Respondents: 58 (This poll is closed)

• Adeline Rose : 19 (33%)
  • Penelope Jane : 23 (40%)
  • Adele Felicity: 16 (28%)

I think [name]Penelope[/name] is your best bet. [name]Adeline[/name] sounds so much like [name]Emerson[/name] and [name]Adele[/name] at the moment is just so linked to the singer

I think [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is the best sounding combo here and it sounds great with [name]Emerson[/name]; but I’ve always been confused on how to pronounce it. Are you saying [name]Add[/name]-uh-line, [name]Add[/name]-uh-leen, [name]Add[/name]-uh-lyn? just wondering!

I’ve never been a fan of [name]Penelope[/name] personally, so that’s out for me. I also [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Adele[/name] but I would also be afraid of people thinking that I named my child after her; plus I don’t love the flow of [name]Adele[/name] [name]Felicity[/name].

Usually, I prefer [name]Adele[/name], but [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is gorgeous! I much prefer [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] over [name]Adele[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]. All your choices are lovely though. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I absolutely love them all! I voted for [name]Adele[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], but depending on the nn, I could have easily voted for [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I think both are absolutely perfect with [name]Emerson[/name] (love your son’s name, btw!). I wouldn’t worry too much about [name]Adele[/name]/the singer. The name has been around long before her and will still be around long after her. I think after pop culture associations are around for a while, people stop worrying about their connection to the name. Kids are still being named [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Esme[/name], and [name]Alice[/name], despite the Twilight associations, and people are named [name]Angelina[/name], [name]Damon[/name], and [name]Leona[/name], despite [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name], [name]Matt[/name] [name]Damon[/name], and [name]Leona[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]. Sure, the association is there, and yeah, some might make the association, but if you really love the name, I wouldn’t let the association bother you. Besides, it has some great nicknames ([name]Ada[/name], [name]Addy[/name], [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]) if the association is too strong for your group of friends and family (which, I can’t imagine why it would be).

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but I love [name]Adeline[/name] as well! I just don’t think [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] flows as nicely as [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Adele[/name] just makes me think of my old fourth-grade teacher, so it’s not a name I would use.

Loooove [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]One[/name] of my favorite combo’s! Undecided about the nn [name]Penny[/name] though…[name]Adele[/name] is great but too tied to the singer, for me, at the moment. [name]Adeline[/name] is cute, but sounds like out of line to me :/. Plus I really don’t like the nn [name]Addie[/name]. [name]Ada[/name] is adorable though.

Keep [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - she is beautiful, and it gives you the option with [name]Adele[/name] if you wish to use it as a nn.

Thanks for the helpful feedback so far - nicknames definitely add another layer to think about.

As for pronounciation of [name]Adeline[/name], I’m thinking [name]Ad[/name]-uh-line, but definitely plan to check around and see if that’s the most common.

I like [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]…realize that wasn’t on the list…and even more [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

My favorite is [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are gorgeous! [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Emerson[/name] is a cute combo too. Plus, there are many nickname possibilities for [name]Penelope[/name]: [name]Penny[/name], [name]Pen[/name], [name]Nell[/name], [name]Nelly[/name], etc.

I think that [name]Adele[/name] is [name]WAY[/name] nicer than [name]Adeline[/name] and don’t worry about there being a talented singer with the same name.

My vote went to [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (I say it with the long I ending) because you can use [name]Adele[/name] as a nickname, and not have it so closely linked to celebrity. I would like to see [name]Adeline[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] as a combo - I really like it!