Poll - Choose your favourite "Ro" name

See the results of this poll: Which is your favourite name for the nn Romy

Respondents: 26 (This poll is closed)

• Ramona/Romona: 9 (35%)
  • Romilly: 15 (58%)
  • Rosamund: 2 (8%)

I love [name]Rosamund[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name].
I also love that you can shorten both down to [name]Rose[/name], if you want to.

By the way, I like these names because of their classic nature!

Thank you! I should probably also have mentioned the last name is [name]Morgan[/name]. [name]Just[/name] in case the flow of the name as a whole affects anyone’s opinion. I’m not sure how well they all flow because of the repeating “m” sounds.

On another note, I may have come up with an alternative solution and wondered if anyone thought it could work?

My partner and I’s absolute favourite “[name]Ro[/name]” name is [name]Rosalia[/name] but I really wanted the nn [name]Romy[/name] and I knew I couldn’t have a [name]Rosalia[/name] and a [name]Romilly[/name] in one family for example. My partner’s not that keen on the names in this poll but he does like the nn [name]Romy[/name] and adores [name]Rosalia[/name].

One of my grand grandmothers was named [name]Mary[/name] - do you think [name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name] would work? I understand she would likely be given other nn’s like [name]Rosa[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] by classmates etc and that doesn’t bother me, as long as we get to call her [name]Romy[/name] at home! Or is it too much of a stretch?

The full name would likely be [name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Catrin[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name] ([name]Catherine[/name] is another great grandmother and [name]Catrin[/name] is the Welsh variation which also honours the fact that we’re from [name]Wales[/name]).

Honest opinons please!

[name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] “[name]Romy[/name]” at home is just fine. Actually, my son ([name]Oscar[/name]) goes by Booger or Boogie most of the time at home. So, I think anything goes with that. [name]Rosalia[/name] without the [name]Mary[/name] “[name]Romy[/name]” even gets a pass from me, if you don’t mind that people will call her [name]Rosy[/name] from time to time, or that she may eventually decide to go by that.

From your poll, [name]Romilly[/name] is horrid. I just can’t like this name. I love [name]Rosamund[/name], but it seems a bit hard to carry. [name]Ramona[/name] is just perfect though. Sweet, and spunky, classic, yet with a kick. [name]Love[/name] it, and [name]Romy[/name] works quite well. I also really love the Ms in [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] (with or without the [name]Catrin[/name]) is just about the sweetest thing ever!

[name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Catrin[/name] “[name]Romy[/name]” isn’t too much of a stretch for me, and you can also get the M from [name]Morgan[/name], so it might also work for others who don’t know her middle names. Anyways, [name]Rosamund[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] are my favorites from your poll - I ended up voting for the spunkier [name]Ramona[/name]. [name]Romilly[/name] would be my least favorite - I don’t mind it, but it doesn’t appeal to me as much as the others. I think that the Ms in [name]Ramona[/name]/[name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Romilly[/name] are fine with your surname, though I prefer the flow of [name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]…

If you’re interested in other names that shorten to [name]Romy[/name], I found another one:
http://appellationmountain.net/2009/04/06/name-of-the-day-rosamel/

:slight_smile: