Poll: Elsie Sunflower

I love sunflowers, and they have been a symbol of hope for me recently!
I know it’s a bit off the beaten path…but could Sunflower be middle name? What do you think of the combo [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Sunflower?

• I think they could work together!
  • I like it, but prefer one of your other [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] combos.
  • The flow is off. Too many “S” sounds.
  • Too hippy/ cutesy for me. I dislike them together.

0 voters

2 Likes

Elsie Sunflower is so lovely! I’m also very fond of Sunrose lately.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Sunflower!

1 Like

I’m torn.

I like the flow, I love the imagery, I don’t find there to be too many S sounds, and I like both [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and Sunflower individually.

However, they are both quite cutesy to me, and in combination I think it is perhaps a bit too sweet. I’m not sure I’d like to be an adult named [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Sunflower.

Elle or [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Sunflower nn [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] – yes!

13 Likes

I could cry, this is so cute!

1 Like

Love this combo!!!

1 Like

I LOVE IT!

I’ve been thinking about Sunflower for a while and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Sunflower is perfect!

1 Like

I think it’s very pretty, but is is a bit too sweet; maybe [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]” Sunflower?

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Sunflower so much :heart_eyes: so sweet, quirky, and whimsical!! I don’t think there are too many s sounds either!

1 Like

Its so beautiful :heart:

1 Like

Elsie Sunflower is sweet! Not really loving Sunflower that much…a bit cutesy. I think [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is solid though, maybe [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] would balance out Sunflower. I’m really loving [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]” Sunflower, though! xx

1 Like

Oh, I think [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Sunflower is adorable. I’d have to give her the nn [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m with @katinka. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] Sunflower is way too cutesy for an adult. Going with a longer first name (Such as [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], etc) that can be shorted to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] would probably be the better option.

1 Like

I think the meaning is all that matters. If Sunflower is important to you and your hopes for your daughter, then I definitely say use it!! The middle name spot, to me, really isn’t a big deal. As an adult, she never has to include the name on anything important, unless she wants to!

I also think [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is fine on it’s own. It’s a little too close to [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] from Frozen, for me, but if you like it, I don’t think it needs a longer name. After all, within the top 1,000 in the US there’s quite a few “cute” names ending in -ie

Sadie #87
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] #132
[name_u]Josie[/name_u] #155
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] #180
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f] #220
etc

2 Likes

I think Sunflower is a sweet, fun nickname that could definitely work (especially if it has meaning to you), however, I don’t like it with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]! It’s too cutesy for me unfortunately - don’t think it would age well.

Maybe if [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] was the nickname for a less cutesy name? [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] could definitely work with a more classic middle name though! Both [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and Sunflower work well, just not together imo.

1 Like

I think the name flows well and I love the use of Sunflower as a middle! It is a little cutesy for me personally, but that’s a question of personal style.

2 Likes

They sound alright, but I don’t love Sunflower as a name.

1 Like