Poll: Favorite nn for Elizabeth?

See the results of this poll: favorite nn for Elizabeth?

Respondents: 53 (This poll is closed)

• Lizzie: 3 (6%)
  • Liz: 1 (2%)
  • Ellie/Ella/Elle: 9 (17%)
  • Eliza/Liza: 9 (17%)
  • Beth: 3 (6%)
  • Betty: 2 (4%)
  • Betsy: 9 (17%)
  • Libby: 11 (21%)
  • Elsie/Elsa: 3 (6%)
  • Lily/Lilly: 3 (6%)

Def, [name]Ellie[/name]. I find [name]Lily[/name] is overstretching it, and everyones nickname is [name]Liz[/name] or [name]Lizzie[/name].

I’m partial to [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], and [name]Eliza[/name].

I voted for [name]Libby[/name] which is my second favourite after [name]Bessie[/name]/[name]Bess[/name], which isn’t on there. [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] used to get called Lillibet when she was young which I think is adorable!

I voted for the [name]Elle[/name] family, but I also love [name]Lily[/name] and Zab, which isn’t on there.

I’m another one whose favourite is [name]Bess[/name], but I do love [name]Eliza[/name] too, so that’s what I chose. I know Elizabeths with all the nicknames you listed, and also a 3-year-old who goes by Lilybeth - a nn which sprung from her older sister’s pronunciation of the name when she was little. I think its adorable, and quite on trend actually! [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name], while lovely nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name], are weighty enough to stand on their own as names imo, and would be a great way of honouring an ancestral [name]Elizabeth[/name] without going the whole hog. I have a long, 4-syllable last name, so feel like using the full [name]Elizabeth[/name] is out as an option for me sadly :frowning:
I love [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s versitility!

I chose [name]Lily[/name], but it was between [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name], so I like both.

I think [name]Betsy[/name] is spunky and adorable, and sounding fresh again.

My favorites are [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name], though I agree that they’re substantial enough to stand on their own as full names. I like [name]Lizzie[/name], but [name]Liz[/name] is my least favorite. It’s hard not to love [name]Elizabeth[/name] with all its great nn options!

My favorite is [name]Libby[/name], with [name]Eliza[/name] being a close second!

My favorites are [name]Libbey[/name], [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Bess[/name]. My [name]MIL[/name] is [name]Beth[/name], my best friend I call [name]Izzy[/name], everyone else calls her [name]Liz[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name], I have a cousin [name]Bess[/name], and I know a bunch that go by [name]Liz[/name].

My favorite’s [name]Elsie[/name], followed by Bitsy, [name]Beth[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Bess[/name]. We picked out a very long first name if we have a girl and I didn’t even consider [name]Elizabeth[/name] because of its length. But, DH suggested it and now I just can’t get it out of my head! [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is probably what it will be. (Everyone in my family likes to have a different nickname for everyone else, so there’s a lot of options with this one!)

I voted for [name]Libby[/name], but [name]Beth[/name] is a close second, especially with all the little ‘L’ names running around. (In my youth group we have a [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name] and [name]Lily[/name]–imagine what it will be like in 10 years!)

Shoot! I forgot about [name]Bess[/name]/[name]Bessie[/name]. Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

My grandma was a [name]Betty[/name] and great grandma was [name]Elsie[/name]. Those are my second and third choices. My favorite is [name]Betsy[/name]. I also like [name]Bessie[/name].