Poll for twins names!

Thanks to you guys and your wonderful help, me and my husband have had a discussion, and narrowed down the list to the names we just adore (Which is good, because I’m currently 33 weeks and we need to make a decision). Here are the names, please vote for which you like best!
Girl/Girl:
[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] & [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]

[name_f]Story[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Boy/Boy:
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] & [name_m]Noah[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]

[name_m]Zion[/name_m] [name_f]Eden[/name_f] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m]

[name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] & [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]

Girl/Boy:
[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m]

[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] & [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_m]Zealand[/name_m] [name_f]Skye[/name_f]

Take your pick!!

2 Likes

For two girls, I like [name_f]Adah[/name_f] and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] best.
For two boys, [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] best.
For one of each, I like [name_f]Briar[/name_f] and [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] best.

1 Like

girl/girl - [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] and [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
boy/boy - [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]
girl/boy - [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] and [name_m]Zealand[/name_m] [name_f]Skye[/name_f]

1 Like

Girl/Girl twins:

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] + [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

Boy/boy twins:
[name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] + [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]

Girl/boy twins:
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] (strongly prefer Collins) + [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] & [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_m]Zion[/name_m] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f]
[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f]

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]
[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]

Adah June and Ottilie Imogen
August Jacob and Enoch Michael
Hadassah Kate and Enoch Michael (though I prefer Katherine to Kate, to avoid trying to convince officials that your official name is just Kate).

I like your style!

Of the pairs, exactly as you have proposed them, here are my favorites for each gender outcome:
Girl/Girl: [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
Boy/Boy: [name_m]Zion[/name_m] [name_f]Eden[/name_f] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m]
Girl/Boy: [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_m]Zealand[/name_m] [name_f]Skye[/name_f]

Given some freedom to mix/match the names you already have, here would be my favorites for each gender outcome:
Girl/Girl: [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Story[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] OR [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f]
Boy/Boy: [name_m]Zion[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] (note: I really like both [name_m]Zion[/name_m] and [name_f]Eden[/name_f] as a name, but I don’t like them together as much because they are both biblical idyllic place names)
Girl/Boy: [name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f] & [name_m]Zion[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] OR [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Skye[/name_f] & [name_m]Zealand[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]

I just love your names! If I had to choose for myself I’d go with:
Adah June & Ottilie Imogen
August Jacob & Enoch Michael
Briar Collyns & Rowan Worth
Seriously though, all of your options are beautiful. It was so hard to choose & on another day I might lean towards some of your other combinations. I don’t think you can go wrong :heart: Hadassah, Shepherd, & Enoch are on our list for our 2nd baby :sparkles: I’ll be 38 weeks tomorrow :sparkles: Also, I can’t get over the whimsical beauty of Story & Lovelyn!

Congrats!

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
[name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] & [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] & [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]

If I could cheat (because your list inspired me lol)

[name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] & [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]
[name_f]Skye[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Calloway[/name_m]
[name_m]Bellamy[/name_m] [name_m]Noah[/name_m] & [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] [name_m]August[/name_m]

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] & [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

Fab list!

Girls - listed in order of preference for me - so Adah & Ottilie first pick :womans_hat:! Edit: though I’m now thinking the magical Isla & Arwen :crystal_ball:.

Boys - the handsome and calming, Shepherd & Noah :star: though Shepherd and August would be my top pick. I like Enoch in theory but find it too heavy-going and historical in real life on someone - and not helping that used in movies and TV for the super intense evangelical. Also, not sure what a good nn would be (Nocky? Eno? Nicky?).

Girl/boy - the lovely Briar and Rowan for sure :herb:. You can also pair from the ones above - eg Adah & Shepherd; Ottilie & August; Noah & Arwen; Isla & Shepherd. In other words, no need to lose them altogether if they’re your faves.

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] & [name_m]Noah[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]

G/G: [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
B/B: [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] & [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]
G/B: [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] & [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Worth[/name_m] (I’m not crazy about [name_f]Collyns[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Briar[/name_f] June?)

I really like [name_f]Story[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_m]Noah[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]!

If I could mix and match:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_m]Noah[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] / [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] & [name_m]Noah[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Story[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Story[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]

Thank you so much! And congratulations!

1 Like

Ohhhhhh nooooo. I’m getting the feeling where I have to keep adding!!!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I’ll rank from my favorite to least favorite & give my thoughts. :blush:

Girls-

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] Elanor-Isla & [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] seem very cohesive and lovely for sisters. They’re both short, Gaelic, feminine but not frilly. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is super popular though, if that bothers you. [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] is a very unique middle name though. So cool! I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (prefer this spelling), but do think that [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] is a little ‘r’ & ‘n’ heavy if we’re being picky.

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] & [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] Imogen-Here I’ll go ahead & be picky about spellings again. Why not [name_f]Ada[/name_f]? It seems much easier & softer than adding the ‘h’. It’s a wonderful name either way. Old fashioned but fresh. Feminine & a little spunky but a little bookish. [name_f]June[/name_f] is a great middle name too. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is great for a twin to [name_f]Adah[/name_f]. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the flow of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] may cause some pronunciation headaches, but probably worth it for such a fun name.

[name_f]Story[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] & [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f] Rose-I think that [name_f]Story[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] flows well & has really awesome imagery of reading a book below a willow tree. [name_f]Story[/name_f] is one of those names that I could like, but am just not used to as a name; too much of a word. Still a neat choice. [name_f]Lovelyn[/name_f] is not my cup of tea at all though. It seems sort of not like a name or a word.

Boys-

[name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] & [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] Michael-August is a great name. It’s strong & noble & outdoorsy, but still has a gentle soul. It has cute nn options as well. [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] flows beautifully. The only downside to [name_m]August[/name_m] is that it’s getting a little bit popular. [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] is a little harsh sounding for me, but I appreciate that it’s unique & old fashioned.

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] & [name_m]Noah[/name_m] Bear-These seem really cohesive for twins. I don’t love [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] for some reason, but I don’t dislike it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not my style. I do like [name_m]Elias[/name_m] spelled this way. [name_m]Noah[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m] is cute. [name_m]Noah[/name_m] is way popular though.

[name_m]Zion[/name_m] [name_f]Eden[/name_f] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] James-I never did really like the sound or look of [name_m]Zion[/name_m] that much. I do think that [name_f]Eden[/name_f] is beautiful as a middle name for a boy or a girl. [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] flows really well, but [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] is like [name_f]Story[/name_f] for me. Neat word, but I’m just not used to it as a name. I do really love the idea of the nn [name_m]Cal[/name_m] though!

Girl/Boy-

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f] & [name_m]Zealand[/name_m] Skye-These combos feel dreamy together. I’ve never thought of [name_m]Zealand[/name_m] as a name, but it’s really cool & especially with the beautiful middle name of [name_f]Skye[/name_f] (I kind of prefer [name_m]Sky[/name_m] for a boy.)

[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] & [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] Worth-I don’t really love [name_f]Briar[/name_f], even though I want to! I like the floral connection, but just not the sound of the name. [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] is darling though (kind of popular) & these seem awesome for twins because they’re both sort of unisex (not to me, but I’m picky about that!) , five letters & botanical.

[name_f]Haddasah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] James-I think that [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] is just a little heavy for me, but I like the idea of it. If you’re into nns here, I would love [name_f]Haddasah[/name_f] & [name_f]Calvary[/name_f] nn [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] & [name_m]Cal[/name_m]. How cute!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]August[/name_m] + [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] and [name_f]Briar[/name_f] + [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] together!

I also think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] + [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] are magical, but I’d probably be a little picky about middles here, as [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], [name_f]Evenstar[/name_f], and [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] together are harkening back so strongly to LOTR and it feels a bit imbalanced as [name_f]Isla[/name_f] does not.

I would love the idea of [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Arwen[/name_f]! [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] could really have any middle not related to LOTR here to keep balance. Maybe …
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Skye[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Story[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] faves are:

[name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

[name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]

[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Collyns[/name_f] and [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] [name_m]Worth[/name_m]

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] choices :heart:

If I could mix and match one...(ignore if you don't want that!)

[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Eliaz[/name_m] and [name_m]August[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]

1 Like

your list is so delightful, this is a very hard pick

isla evenstar + arwen elanor
zion eden + calvary james
isla evenstar + zealand skye

but shoutout to shepherd eliaz and hadassah!
are we sure we can’t name them 5 times over?

1 Like