Poll: Goth Names for Spain's First Daughters

See the results of this poll: Goth Names for Spain’s First Daughters

Respondents: 40 (This poll is closed)

• Aura Opal Tearz (Laura Zapatero) : 16 (40%)
  • Azurela Atropa (Laura Zapatero): 3 (8%)
  • Laureza Atropa (Laura Zapatero): 2 (5%)
  • Aba Opal Tearz (Alba Zapatero): 6 (15%)
  • Arabela Topaz (Alba Zapatero): 12 (30%)
  • Blaeza Atropa (Alba Zapatero): 1 (3%)

It’s a good thing I doubled checked my vote. The polls don’t always line up so it’s easy to make a wrong vote.

I voted for Laureza Atropa and [name]Arabela[/name] Topez. I picked these two beacause I liked they way they sound and thought they fit well together. I’m actually really liking Laureza, it feels like a mesh of [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Theresa[/name], [name]Louisa[/name]. Their mama sure likes to wear black too :wink:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] in anything! What are you up to now [name]Nephele[/name]? casting new spells?

xxxx

Hahaha! The only magic I indulge in is anagram magic! Thanks, [name]Ailsa[/name] and [name]Lisa[/name] and everyone else, for participating in my poll. We’re currently discussing the Spanish PM’s gothic daughters over on a goth board I frequent.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

I’m sorry. I just don’t believe this woman has a job. I think she lies on the couch all day eating grapes in a toga.

I wonder what the [name]Obama[/name] family was thinking in that picture. That would be too much to get into here but I loved the photo and your names. I’m seriously pondering Laureza. I just saw [name]Lauris[/name]/[name]Loris[/name] as a variation of [name]Laura[/name], it got me thinking.

My votes went to names I didn’t choose–oops!

[name]Opal[/name] is a curious name isn’t it - it never really took off like other “gems”, even in the Victorian era when they were into Rubies and Pearls and even Diamonds and Emeralds. Wonder if it is due to make a comeback?

PS Has this poll helped at all, dear [name]Nephele[/name]?

Yep! Many thanks to all!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

My grandmother had a sister named [name]Opal[/name] [name]Goldie[/name]. She died when she was very little. When I hear [name]Opal[/name] I think of one of the soap opera’s (can’t remember which) that had eccentric character named [name]Opal[/name]. It could have been All My Children, I watched it for a brief period a loooooooong time ago. I wonder if Opie and [name]Opal[/name] are too close and maybe that’s why [name]Opal[/name] isn’t as popular as her other gemstone sisters?

I can’t help but notice the irony of a girl named [name]Alba[/name] going goth. :slight_smile:

Hahaha! Good catch!