Poll: Help me narrow a long list!

We still have 4 months to go, but my husband and I are having trouble narrowing our list. It was so much easier when I was dreaming of names all on my own!

Pick the names you think should make it to our short list.

• Albie ([name_m]Alban[/name_m] or [name_m]Albert[/name_m])
  • Alfie ([name_m]Alfred[/name_m])
  • Archie ([name_m]Achille[/name_m])
  • Arthur
  • Callum
  • Eamon
  • Ezra
  • Felix
  • Fin ([name_m]Finbarr[/name_m])
  • Herbie ([name_m]Herbert[/name_m])
  • Hugo
  • Jasper
  • Peter
  • Robin
  • Ronan
  • Rowan
  • Theo ([name_m]Theodore[/name_m])
  • Pim ([name_m]Willem[/name_m])
  • Wren

0 voters

2 Likes

It was incredibly difficult to choose, you have so many lovely names I left out for the sake of not choosing all of them! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Fin[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] are probably my favorites at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks, Midwinter! I find girl names so much easier.

1 Like

You have so many great choices, you really can’t go wrong! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and [name_m]Albie[/name_m].

My favourites are [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] & [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. I also voted for [name_m]Archie[/name_m], but I prefer it as a stand-alone name unless [name_m]Achille[/name_m] has a special meaning to you.

Well, that’s just too hard! :joy:

I’m just going to rank them from my favorite to least favorite for you:

[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]-This is my baby nephew’s name. It’s just so handsome, gentle yet kind of sporty. It’s very different too. I don’t think that it’s overly complicated, although it does confuse people sometimes. Still worth it!

[name_u]Callum[/name_u]-This has a similar feel as [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] to me, but it’s a little easier.

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]-Another great Irish name that’s still really simple. I love how it invokes a rugged outdoorsy feel, but seems soft at the same time. Maybe used for girls some, which could be a turn-off. Totally masculine in my opinion.

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]-And this is my dog nephew’s name. :grin: :dog: He’s an absolute angel, so I kind of love it. It’s like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], but just stronger. I guess it depends on what vibe you’re looking for. Actually, [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] may be better because it’s more unique & never used for girls.

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]-This is just so friendly & adorable. [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] is a little stuffy, but I think it’s maybe nice for [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] to have a full name. I go back & fourth about whether or not it’s better on its own.

[name_u]Theo[/name_u]-This is another baby nephew of mine! It’s adorable. Kind of quirky & geeky, but in the cutest friendly & smart way. Getting a bit popular, but a great classic name.

[name_m]Albie[/name_m]-I am trying hard to like this one. It’s cute, just kind of geekier than [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]. No idea why. But I really really love [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. So strong & handsome but kind.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m]-A charming classic that’s not terribly over used.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]-This is handsome & friendly. A simple ready for a come back old man name. Kind of popular in my area, actually. Not too bad though.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]-This is cool. Kind of outdoorsy & artsy. Has a masculine yet gentle sound, which I like. A tad over done these days, but not bad.

[name_m]Fin[/name_m]-This would have been way higher in my picks if it were [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. And just [name_u]Finn[/name_u] or [name_m]Finnian[/name_m]/Finnegan nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. I just don’t care for [name_m]Finbarr[/name_m].

[name_m]Archie[/name_m]-[name_m]Archie[/name_m] is really cute. I think that [name_u]Archer[/name_u] nn [name_m]Archie[/name_m] makes more sense. [name_m]Achille[/name_m] is different, but maybe too compicated?

[name_u]Robin[/name_u]-This one is starting to grow on me. Reminds me of [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u], which I like. It’s just a little feminine. And also too masculine for a girl in my opinion. Kind of in the middle.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]-This is fine, just kind of goofy sounding.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]-This is okay. I hear it a lot in my area. I just can’t get on board.

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]-Same as above. And it reminds me of jester.

[name_u]Pim[/name_u]-It sounds a little lackluster. It is different & creative, just not my cup of tea.

[name_u]Wren[/name_u]-This is just like [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. Too feminine for a boy but too masculine for a girl. [name_m]Way[/name_m] more popular for girls though.

[name_m]Herbie[/name_m]-[name_m]Just[/name_m] not sure this one is ready for a comeback. Kind of a nerdy old man.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] top picks from your list would be: [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m]!

1 Like

Love [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]

1 Like

Thanks, Greyblue!

Thanks, MG1257!

1 Like

Ditto

You have so many lovely choices, and I voted for many of them, but I am particularly hoping you hang on to some of your more unusual choices: [name_m]Eamon[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Albie[/name_m], [name_u]Wren[/name_u]… it’s so nice to see these ones being considered.

Thanks, Lucyxo! [name_m]Achille[/name_m] was my grandfather’s middle name. I like nn [name_m]Archie[/name_m], but feel like [name_m]Archibald[/name_m] is too stuffy. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal preference is that nickname-sounding names have a full name on the birth certificate.

So helpful, MichelleM! Thanks for taking the time to write out your ideas. I’m curious, where do you live(ish) that [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is popular? I know it’s super popular in the UK, but not big yet in the US where I live.

Also curious if you can tell me specific ways people mess up your baby nephew [name_m]Eamon[/name_m]’s name.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry I misnamed you – I’m just returning to Namberry since the forums changed. Thanks for your input! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that he gets Ee-man occasionally. I live in the midwest U.S. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] isn’t high on the charts here at all. It’s just kind of a community thing, maybe? I know three, & they’re all kids of, well, yupsters for lack of a better word! Kind of rich well to do hipster couples. And they all sort of live in the same trendy area of the city. [name_m]Just[/name_m] kind of a coincidence , perhaps.

I guess Ee-man would be easy enough to correct. I have a friend my age with a newborn [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], so I am nervous that it might be rocketing up. I don’t mind a top 50 name for a boy, but wouldn’t want a top 10.

I totally don’t see it becoming a top ten in the U.S. It’s just too quirky. :woman_shrugging:

@Applestokiwanos clearly you will just HAVE to have lots and lots of boys because you have so many wonderful names that MUST be used :slight_smile: