Poll - Help us choose between the final two

• [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Joann[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Joann[/name_f]

0 voters

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] Girl #3 is almost here and we’re still undecided… What name do you think is a better fit? This will be a baby sister to [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] ([name_f]Elsa[/name_f]) and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. I love so many names that it’s hard to pick…

Thanks!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

They’re both gorgeous! I am kind of in love w/[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] lately. It’s so smart, down to earth, kind. & a little sassy. It goes awesome w/[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] & [name_f]Julia[/name_f], & is fairly unique. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is darling, & also fits in really well. It’s a bit more popular though, & it doesn’t really have any nn options. That gives [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] that slight edge, but you really can’t go wrong with either.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the names [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. I personally think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] goes best with this set and is my personal favourite, but both are super adorable and useable!

1 Like

They are both beautiful but I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] better with the sibset. I like that it has a different ending sound than [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and doesn’t repeat the “oo” sound in [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love both names, but I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] with the other girls’ names! I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] sound too similar for siblings.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] gets my vote. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is just fantastic!

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (although it does fit your daughters names well), so my vote was for [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. I adore the nickname [name_u]Lou[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is charming and lovely and fits in with your set

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is good as well.

1 Like

I love both of your options and really don’t think you can go wrong! I like that [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is familiar and classic but underused, and I think it beautifully bridges sounds from [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] only worry is that its natural nicknames, [name_u]Lou[/name_u]/[name_f]Lulu[/name_f]/etc., might overlap a little too much with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. I personally don’t think I would be able to resist those nicknames, so my vote goes to [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. But if you’re planning to call her just-[name_f]Louisa[/name_f], or if the [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]/[name_f]Julia[/name_f] repetition doesn’t bother you, I might lean the other way. Like I said–I don’t think you can go wrong here!

1 Like

I love that [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] has similar sounds from both [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] but am starting to wonder if it’s too close… We talked about calling her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] at home sometimes but [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] the majority of the time. I love that [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is a little less familiar than [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and it feels a little more elegant to me. But, I think there will be less confusion at home when I’m calling for a child if we use [name_f]Clara[/name_f] because the sounds are more distinct from the others. The practical side of my brain is saying [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but the emotional side is saying [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. I’m normally not indecisive but having trouble this time around. Thanks for your comment!

I think, if you like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] more, that it can absolutely work. [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are a great sib set–but even more importantly, [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is a name that you love all by itself. At the end of the day, I think it matters more that each of your girls has a name you love than that their names go perfectly together. If you feel more confident using [name_f]Clara[/name_f], I say go for it–you really can’t go wrong there. It’s such a beautiful name with a great meaning. But if you just need a little encouragement to use [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]? Lots of siblings have names that share sounds. [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are distinct names with separate histories, meanings, etc. And more importantly, your girls will each be their own people, no matter what you call them! I wonder if it might help you to “test drive” each name for a day or two and see how each one feels and fits in with her big sisters’ names?

1 Like

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] all the way! Same slightly spunky but evergreen-classic vibes as [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. I also like that all three would have the option of off-the-wall, pop-punk nicknames ([name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_u]Jules[/name_u]/[name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u]!)

1 Like

Any additional thoughts? [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Still feeling indecisive… love both but for different reasons… Thanks Berries!

Louisa is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it so much. It has so many fabulous literary associations and great nickname potential. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]!!!

Both are great options but my vote still goes to the lovely [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. It’s sweet, smart, and strong, and has tons of history but feels perfectly at home in 2020. Plus it’s so underused and goes perfectly with your older girls’ names!

Thanks everyone!! Our sweet baby was born late last week. She’s the most content, happiest newborn I’ve seen. We ended up going with [name_f]Clara[/name_f], although it was a difficult decision. I still LOVE the name [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and we have a fourth girl someday, we’ll definitely use that name. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband liked the simplicity of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] over [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and it seemed to suit her low-key personality, so her name is [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Joann[/name_f].

2 Likes