Poll: Help us choose middle name for Blythe

We are planning to use the name Blythe for first daughter, as I have loved this name for years. Since Blythe is uncommon, I wanted to give her a middle name that is timeless and classic, but I cannot decide between Katherine and Victoria. I love both so it is hard to pick! Any comments about what makes you prefer one over the other would be helpful too since I am torn.

• Blythe Victoria
  • Blythe Katherine

0 voters

What a gorgeous first name and gorgeous middle options! [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is such a dear name, and I swoon to see her paired with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]! Sublime!! x

I find [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] to feel more homey than [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is regal and absolutely classic, whereas [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is comforting and warm, springy and spunky, ageless and inspiring!

(I am quite biased, as [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is a particularly meaningful name to me personally— I just love her. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: I also have a cousin named [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] (who goes by [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] exclusively, as [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is her mother’s name), so that could be a contributing reason I just adore those two names together!! Hah!

2 Likes

I have a bit of a lisp, so maybe it’s not a fair judgement, but [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] sounds much better to me than the “th” heavy [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is stunning, by the way!

4 Likes

I like both but there is actress named Byithe [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_m]Danner[/name_m], (Gwyneth Paltrow Mother.). So [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is more unusual I guess? Why not have both. [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and think either middle is nice.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] as a name overall, but I agree with a previous poster that I have a much easier time saying [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]! I ended up voting for the latter but if the repeating th sound isn’t an issue for you then I think both options are lovely. :relaxed:

6 Likes

first of all, i love blythe!! though i prefer katherine as a name more than i do victoria, i think the combo blythe victoria flows better which is why i chose it!

2 Likes

I voted for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. The double “th” with the other combo throws me for a loop.

3 Likes

Such gorgeous options!

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is such a pretty name so wholesome, elegant and endearing. [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] deserves a lot more usage such a happy little gem of a name. Both the middle name options are beautiful very regal choices but my favourite with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] works really well in the middle name slot she sounds strong and has a great flow. Whereas I feel that the ‘th’ sound of [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] rounds into the ‘ath’ sound of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] making the overall name a bit tricky to say. Finally with [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] I like how the name means ‘happy victory’ which I think can sum up becoming a mother :tada::woman_facepalming:t3::joy::baby:t4::tada:

Good luck

6 Likes

I think both are beautiful pairings! But to me, [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] has the edge.

1 Like

I just love KatherIne!!!

1 Like

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is so lovely!!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] both [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] as middle names and the first name [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is just lovely.

Overall I like the flow of [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] better than [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] (prefer [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] Blythe).

1 Like

That is so cool that you have a cousin [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]! I have never met someone named Blythe; I first liked it from the cartoon show Littlest [name_f]Pet[/name_f] Shop, lol

Yes! I like the meaning of “Happy Victory.” I like the meaning of the other one too, “Pure Happiness,” so that keeps the names neck and neck to me. (I guess it would literally be [name_u]Happy[/name_u] Pure but to me Pure Happiness is close enough and makes more sense lol)

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for replying and voting! This has given me a lot to think about. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is definitely the favorite here, but my husband now likes [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] more than ever lol.

I am curious about the subject of pronouncing [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I find it easy to pronounce, and we have a pretty ordinary American accents. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering, are you all who find it hard to pronounce from the US as well, or from elsewhere? Perhaps it is harder to say in an [name_f]English[/name_f] accent

I’m from the US and definitely stumble over [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. But the “th” sound is often a bit awkward for me. If I intentionally leave a bit of a gap between [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] it’s not so bad. If you and your husband don’t have a problem with it than I wouldn’t worry.

1 Like

Yes for me- New England area to be specific. I wouldn’t say it’s hard to pronounce in a way that it’s like a foreign name. More that the double th that’s prominent sounding in both names make the combo come off more like a tongue twister

1 Like

Oh ok yes I see what you all mean! Thanks for the replies

This for me too.