Poll: Trying to land on a name for baby #4

Hi all!

We’re expecting baby #4. And while I think we’ve landed on a boy name (Caledon nn Cal) we’ve been stuck on girl names. We have 3 other kiddos: Rosalie, Leonie, and Phineas who mostly goes by Finn. Which of these names do you like best with our sibset? And if you think none of them fit, what would you recommend instead? Two other names we’ve considered are Marigold and Beatrice. We definitely don’t want to continue to the pattern of 3 syllables ending in “ie.” Thanks for your help!

*edited to add our last name is S@nazaro

• Junia
  • Delia
  • Flora
  • Bernadette

0 voters

1 Like

I like [name_f]Junia[/name_f] the best to go with [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Delia[/name_f] best from your list. [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is pretty.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Delia[/name_f] and [name_f]Junia[/name_f] would both be great. I like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] with your girl names but it’s a little matchy with [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Delia[/name_f] are nice!!

[name_f]Nadie[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Estella[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] came to jnd

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Flora[/name_f] because [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] are tied together with the “ie” ending so I like the linked “ph/f” sounds in [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Junia[/name_f] and I think it goes best with the siblings names ,Flora would be my second favourite

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Well, I don’t know! They’re all beautiful & fit nicely w/your crew.

Here are my thoughts on each one-

Junia-I think that it’s pretty & a bit mysterious & kind of old fashioned but feels fresh. The nns [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Junie[/name_f] & [name_f]Juno[/name_f] are really cute if you’re into those. I wouldn’t doubt that an occasional [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Junie[/name_f] would be unavoidable, so I’d make sure that you like those if you consider [name_f]Junia[/name_f] as a full name. The only minor cons w/this name is that I feel like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is getting really popular. So, she may not be the only ‘June’ name in town. And the other issue is (this may not be an issue at all) is that do some people say June-ya as opposed to June-ee-uh? I would think it’s the latter pronunciation, but this very reason has steered me away from [name_f]Katia[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Junia[/name_f] is more obvious.

Flora-This is sweet & vintage & simple yet somehow not popular. It would give two of your kids the same initial, but not really since your [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is actually [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] anyway. I love that, btw! I feel like this fits w/Rosalie, but maybe is a little quiet next to the spunky [name_f]Leonie[/name_f]. Totally not a big deal; I’m just nit-picking! It’s sort of nick-name-less, which may or may not be a good thing depending on your preference.

Delia-This is probably my pure favorite from the list. It’s simple & smart & lovely & not at all popular. It fits in great w/your crew as well.

Bernadette-This is strong & interesting & a little quirky. It’s not the first name that I’d pair w/Rosalie, [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u], but it doesn’t not fit. It’s probably the most unique of the top four. And it has fun nns of Bette/y & [name_f]Nettie[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Bernie[/name_u] for a girl though, & I don’t know if she may get called that sometimes. You could make pull off the nn [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] if you like that.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Delia[/name_f] and [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] are my favourite for you !!

I can see
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] / Bee/ Ette/ [name_f]Bette[/name_f]

But [name_f]Delia[/name_f] is a favourite of mine so I voted for that one !

Flora is so stinkin’ cute with these sibling names!

2 Likes

You actually captured so many of my own thoughts about these names. Loved the rambling!

wdyt of julieta "jue’’ or primrose “posey”

I love both so much but have a niece [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] might be too similar to [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] but I’ve thought about both! Thanks for the recommendations!

1 Like

junia definitely! the moment i saw it, it was an instant click. bernadette is also lovely, i think it’d make a great middle.