POLL: Which of these Italian names is your favorite?

Which of these Italian names is your favorite? Did I miss any?

• Camila
  • Lucia
  • Sofia
  • Gia
  • Bianca
  • Zola
  • Donna
  • Caterina
  • Silvana

0 voters

Lucia is my favorite, but I really like [name_f]Caterina[/name_f], too!

1 Like

Chiara comes to mind! I’ve always love that name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is lovely, but I don’t care for the Italian pronunciation (I much prefer loo-see-uh). [name_u]Zola[/name_u] is darling as well!

1 Like

I would say [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] is my favorite of these, followed by [name_f]Silvana[/name_f], followed by [name_f]Camila[/name_f].

I don’t care for [name_f]Donna[/name_f] or [name_f]Gia[/name_f].

1 Like

Allegra is my favourite

1 Like

Lucia is my favourite of these but i also love [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] and [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]

1 Like

Love [name_f]Chiara[/name_f] and [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]!

I voted [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] but also love [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

Others…
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vittoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ornella[/name_f]
[name_f]Luisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Giulietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f]
[name_f]Daniella[/name_f]
[name_f]Simona[/name_f]
[name_f]Sara[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Feliciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Bria[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Electra[/name_f]
[name_f]Marta[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorenza[/name_f]
[name_f]Amadea[/name_f]
[name_f]Amata[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fia[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Teodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dulcinea[/name_f]
Rosanella
[name_f]Serenella[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Camila[/name_f], [name_f]Catarina[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] but for some reason I really really dislike [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]

1 Like

Bianca is so sweet! The Spanish [name_f]Blanca[/name_f] is also nice.

I should point out that [name_f]Camila[/name_f] is the Spanish spelling, it’s [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] in Italian.

Other, more under the radar Italian names that you might like:
[name_f]Vittoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]
[name_u]Martia[/name_u]
[name_f]Primavera[/name_f]
[name_f]Verita[/name_f]

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Caterina[/name_f], but I also like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Camila[/name_f], and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]. Others I love:

Giovanna
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Benedetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]

1 Like

Caterina, and [name_f]Camila[/name_f]

1 Like

I love that you’ve been doing these origin polls! It’s helping me understand my preferences. I was indifferent to the [name_u]French[/name_u] and Italian lists, but loved a bunch on the Greek list!

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I’ve been loving looking into origins of names. Obviously, most have variations across cultures.

I’m Italian-American and I actually had the hardest time making this list. I think Greek or Latin names are my favorites. Probably because of their versatility as languages. And then [name_u]French[/name_u] or [name_f]English[/name_f] are the next favorites.

Caterina always catches my eye!

1 Like

I’ve always loved [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]!:grin:

1 Like

Lucia by far for me! :heart_eyes: I would’ve added [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f], [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], and [name_f]Giovanna[/name_f] to this list, though; if you had, [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] probably would not have been my favorite haha. I do love her but I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is my favorite Italian name. Maybe [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] or [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f]. :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is technically Latin. Not Italian. There may be a chance to vote for her soon :wink:

Technically, true lol. I was just thinking of how popular it is in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]? Much like [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] and [name_f]France[/name_f]–it’s so popular there, but isn’t actually a [name_u]French[/name_u] name. I still end up lumping it in with other [name_u]French[/name_u] names due to its popularity there haha.

1 Like

these names are definitely very versatile culturally. in my polls, i mean names of these origins. i probably should have made it clearer

Another one is [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] ? Which is the Italian version of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Or so my ex would say.

2 Likes