Poll

See the results of this poll: Which name is prettier?

Respondents: 24 (This poll is closed)

• Selah: 8 (33%)
  • Cecilia: 16 (67%)

Although I love both names, I prefer [name]Selah[/name] to [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Selah[/name] is more rarely used than [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Selah[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] would be lovely! [name]Just[/name] curious - how are you pronouncing it: “see-lah” or “say-lah”?

I love [name]Cecilia[/name]! I like the intricate, delicate sounds. It is a fine lace of a name! I think [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Corrine[/name] is great!

I love them both! I would pronounce [name]Selah[/name] as ‘say lah’, which is gorgeous [name]IMO[/name]. I would prnounce [name]Sela[/name] as see-la. [name]Cecelia[/name] is great too, with fun nicknames. I picked [name]Selah[/name], though (I love either pronunciation)…I am surprised this name isn’t more popular.

[name]Cecilia[/name]! It’s absolutely stunning. Classic, well-known, easy to spell and pronounce, but not boring. It’s familiar, but not common. [name]Selah[/name], to me, just invites problems with spelling and pronunciation. [name]Cecilia[/name] has tons of nickname options, but [name]Selah[/name] has very few. Plus I think [name]Cecilia[/name] sounds classier and prettier anyway. And [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]- how could you not love that?

I prefer [name]Cecilia[/name] or [name]Sela[/name], but not [name]Selah[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Corrine[/name].

Thank you everyone! [name]Mischa[/name], I pronounce it [name]Say[/name]-lah (there is a [name]Christian[/name] music group named [name]Selah[/name] and that’s how they pronounce it so that’s the way I’m used to it.)

I don’t think we’ll be able to decide until after we see her. I think I like [name]Selah[/name] best, but my husband likes [name]Cecilia[/name] more. It’s so hard to decide!!!