Polly Pocket

Loved [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pocket & love the name [name_f]Polly[/name_f]! :blush:

1 Like

I might be too young or something, but I don’t recognize those! I don’t love the name [name_f]Polly[/name_f] in general though.

1 Like

Oh-------- xD

I definitely remember [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pocket! I think it’s a cute association. I do like [name_f]Polly[/name_f] but it reminds me of the phrase ‘Polly want a cracker?’ and parrots :parrot:

2 Likes

I had that exact one! Eep so cute! I think mum has kept mine.
I don’t think it has altered my perception of the name Polly however.

1 Like

I do remember [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pockets. They were small, unabashedly girly (not a bad thing!) toys that most memorably for me, featured a preppy blonde girl with a short, flipped-out bob and retro, yet modest fashion. I think of the name [name_f]Polly[/name_f] like I think of the name [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] – good girls with a cute, homespun quality that evokes a bright cheerfulness, but slightly verges on being prim because of their “pollyannish” connotation.

If I met a [name_f]Polly[/name_f], I would be delighted because it’s got such innocent, nostalgic imagery and it’s woefully underused. But in general, I prefer [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Sally[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pockets have been around for awhile but it definitely seems like a 90s kid thing.

1 Like

I had both these and the new generation, the old generation were better! It probably did subliminally, but I think Miss [name_f]Polly[/name_f] had a dolly (who was sick, sick, sick) probably influenced it more. I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Polly[/name_f]. But I do really like [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]

1 Like

I loved [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pocket! [name_f]My[/name_f] 5yo niece has one now and it’s so nice to see her play with something I loved when I was a child.

There’s a tiny association with [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pocket, but it’s not very strong. It’s not like calling your child [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] which has very strong associations today.

1 Like

Polly is my second favorite girl name. The only association I have with Polly Pockets was that we had them in our kindergarten classroom and would play with them on rainy days. Everyone would fight over the clothes and/or dolls that they would use. Pretty random, I know. I guess Polly Pockets haven’t really influenced my opinion on the name Polly since it’s one of my favorites.

1 Like

I had heaps of those as a child; they were one of my favorite toys. I absolutely love the name [name_f]Polly[/name_f] and that’s one of the reasons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pocket!! I had the bigger ones :slight_smile:

I do think of them when I hear the name [name_f]Polly[/name_f] but I mostly think of parrots haha. Still like the name!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought is the character nicknamed [name_f]Polly[/name_f] in one of the [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] [name_u]Christie[/name_u] books, so I really love the name! I know a [name_f]Polly[/name_f] who is middle-aged, and it suits her perfectly.

1 Like