Poppy

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] is adorable!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Cate[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Frances[/name], and [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]! I also think [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is nice. Oh and [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] has the cutest Mudd Pie tights with ribbon flowers on tops of the feet. So adorable!

Thanks for that, [name]Lemon[/name].

[quote=“jill”]

Thanks for that, [name]Lemon[/name].[/quote]

Sorry, [name]Jill[/name]! We were posting at the same time, so that wasn’t a stab at your suggestion - I promise! Anyway, [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] just rolls of the tongue so nicely - its delicious! I just don’t know if I would go that far with a name - it seems quite, quite…something. What do you think?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] is absolutely DARLING!

In my dream of [name]Poppy[/name] her middle name was [name]Adelaide[/name].
I was pretty proud of my subconcious for coming up with that!
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] _____

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

That’s so cute, [name]Tara[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about it, [name]Lemon[/name]. :slight_smile: No problem. :slight_smile: I absolutely love [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] from your combos.

Take care!

I loved [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] from yours! And, [name]Tara[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] is very spunky and sweet. Well done, subconscious!

[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] is pretty! Reminds me of the '60’s. I also love [name]Polly[/name] [name]Clementine[/name].

I loved [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] from yours! And, [name]Tara[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] is very spunky and sweet. Well done, subconscious!

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

Awww!

Thanks, [name]Jill[/name] and [name]Lemon[/name]!
I’ll mention your kind comments to my “sub-c” tonight. She’ll be delighted, I’m sure!

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

Would you be upset if your parents named you [name]Poppy[/name]? Would she constantly be getting the what is that short for question?

I have a friend called [name]Poppy[/name] (or Pop for short) who is 22. It suits her cos she’s very petite and sweet but bare in mind if you gave this name to your daughter she could grow up into a 6 foot gazelle like model and the name may not seem so appropriate!

I like it though. It was also the nickname of a childood friend of mine (real name [name]Sioned[/name] - I don’t understand why either but her brother [name]Rhodri[/name] was nicknamed [name]Boot[/name]!)

I prefer it in the middle.

My husband loves the name [name]Poppy[/name], and we’ve been calling our unborn little girl [name]Poppy[/name] for ages now. I don’t think, however, that we will actually name her that for reasons expressed by others - I can’t imagine a doctor, lawyer or scientist being named [name]Poppy[/name]. Oh, and all the other kids in 1st grade will call her Poopy.

But if you really like it, I would name her [name]Penelope[/name] so that she can use it as an adult if she prefers.

Not a huge [name]Penelope[/name] fan. I think it is a great name I just can’t see us using it. In regards to negative nicknames any name can be turned into something. I am never going to avoid a name because of potential teasing. I am [name]Elizabeth[/name] and lizbien was fav (all in good fun) nn some guy friends gave me highschool. But it could have easily been a very mean name given to me by non friends. If [name]Polly[/name] or [name]Lily[/name] cand stand alone I feel like [name]Poppy[/name] can. But I am just not sure we are brave enough to use it. Fav combos right now are…

[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Cate[/name]

[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Cate[/name] is very pretty!

You know, today in class my professor was talking about her niece’s 19-month-old daughter, [name]Lily[/name], and I thought to myself, “[name]Lily[/name] sounds like such a young name!” I still don’t see how [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] are different, and I actually have an easier time envisioning a grown [name]Poppy[/name] than a grown [name]Lily[/name]. Yes, I know that is weird since plenty of people used to be called [name]Lillian[/name] “[name]Lilly[/name]” who are know in late adulthood. I guess I just don’t see why one is different than the other. If you love it, I’d use it, Zard!

[name]Lemon[/name],

I know I know… If I love it use it ?. I have really enjoyed everyones thoughts and feedback. Maybe I am trying to convince myself! I used to think it would be hard to see [name]Tilly[/name]/ie as an adult but I met one and I now think [name]Tilly[/name] is better on ab adult then [name]Matilda[/name]. Anyway onward…

Thanks!

I’m not sure if you ever watched the TV show [name]Frasier[/name], but there was a grown woman character on a few episodes by the name of [name]Poppy[/name]. She was the heiress to a radio fortune, very sophisticated and well-educated. Sure, she was fictional, but it really did make the name [name]Poppy[/name] more easily visualized on an adult woman.

Also, my sister-in-law is a PhD candidate in Archaeology and her name is [name]Molly[/name]. My best friend is a post-doctorate student in Inorganic Chemistry and her name is simply [name]Roxy[/name]. I think that people’s personalities will drive them to success, even if they have a “young” sounding name.

I think you should go for it!

I love the name [name]Poppy[/name] by itself. I have a cousin named [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Paige[/name]. She’s in her 30’s now. I’ve always looked up to her. Nicknames are always fun too! My favorite to call her is Poppadopalus, or Popple. If you like it, go with it. Some people think it’s strange but at least with pronunciation, it won’t be a problem.

Thanks everyone ?