Posey?

Besides [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] (I like [name]Primrose[/name] but associate it too much with the Hunger Games and [name]Penelope[/name] is NMS) what names could have the NN [name]Posey[/name]? I’Ve thought [name]Posey[/name] was adorable since I saw the movie “Ballet shoes” but wouldn’t want to make it a stand alone name. And would you spell it. [name]Posey[/name] or [name]Posy[/name]? Thanks Berries for all your help! You are so much nicer than on some of the other sights I’ve been on!!! Still honest but nice about it. Thanks for that!:smiley:

I love [name]Posey[/name], and think she is fantastic as a name on her own with the nickcname [name]Poe[/name], but if thats not your style then [name]Posey[/name] is most commonly used as a nickname for [name]Josephine[/name].

xo [name]Viv[/name]

I agree. [name]Josie[/name]-[name]Posey[/name]. [name]Jocelyn[/name] might be another way as I know some Jocelyns who go by [name]Josie[/name]. Maybe even [name]Johanna[/name] with an S middle name could be [name]Josie[/name], and the [name]Posey[/name].

I also think it could be a nickname for any [name]Rose[/name] name. [name]Rosie[/name]-[name]Posey[/name]. [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosa[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], etc.

No thats NMS. I Prefer a longer name NN [name]Posey[/name]. I’m not a big fan of [name]Poe[/name]. Any other suggestions? [name]Josephine[/name] isn’t my fav. I like it for MN but not FN.

Hmmm well that gave me kind of a direction to think.

I’ll add that if you’d consider it for [name]Penelope[/name] then probably any P name coud work by extension? Maybe with [name]Josephine[/name]/[name]Jocelyn[/name] as the middle or even an O name in the middle.

Yes I’ve been looking in the P’s trying to find a name I like that might fit. I was think maybe a P FN with MN [name]Rose[/name]? ([name]Rose[/name] is also my grandmother’s name) Such as [name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Priscilla[/name] [name]Rose[/name] to reach the NN [name]Posy[/name]. Although I haven’t found a P name I’m in love with yet. Does my theory make sense though?

Makes total sense to me, and I love that [name]Rose[/name] is a family name for you! I like both [name]Phillipa[/name] and [name]Priscilla[/name] enough, although I can understand them not feeling quite right.

A few less common options…you’ve probably tried them all though : D.

[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Pamelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (a [name]Pamela[/name] variant I think is pretty - I imagine it rhyming with [name]Amelia[/name], though of course it could sound more like [name]Pamela[/name])
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Pomona[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (seems particularly natural for [name]Posey[/name] - and she was a goddess of fruit trees so there’s lots of plants in this name)

Also [name]Phoebe[/name] - even has an O in there? and ends in the ee sound? I get that it’s PH not P, but…

Thanks for the feedback and I like [name]Paloma[/name]! I’m gonna look that up!