possible nicknames for Patricia?

[name]Patricia[/name] is a family name on both sides but it just doesn’t feel right yet. What new or different nicknames could I use? Help me fall in love with [name]Patricia[/name]. In the past the family nn’s have all been [name]Pat[/name]. Is this name totally dated or would you guys be refreshed to see a little [name]Patricia[/name]?

[name]Patricia[/name] does feel dated to me, but I think with the right nickname, it could be really nice, especially if it has so much family significance like it does for you. My first thought was [name]Atty[/name]/[name]Atti[/name], which I’ve been hearing quite a bit lately–I think it’s cute, novel, but could work well with a girl through most of her life.

Thanks ashthedreamer, I haven’t thought of [name]Atty[/name] or [name]Atti[/name] before and it is along the lines of what I was talking about. I’ll see if it rings any bells with the SO. Let me know if you think of any more good ones!

[name]Patricia[/name] (pa-trish-a) is sort of dated. The Spanish pronunciation (Pa-tree-see-a) sounds nice to me. However, as ashthedreamer said, the right nickname can make it either pronunciation nice. You could use [name]Tricia[/name], [name]Trisha[/name], [name]Trish[/name], [name]Rica[/name], [name]Atti[/name], Cici, Risha, Pixie, Sia, [name]Tia[/name], or [name]Trixie[/name].

Some variations of [name]Patricia[/name] you could do are : [name]Patrice[/name], [name]Patia[/name] (pat-ee-a) or you could do [name]Trisha[/name] as a first name.

[name]Trisha[/name], [name]Trish[/name], [name]Tish[/name], [name]Patti[/name], [name]Pia[/name], [name]Trixie[/name], [name]Cia[/name], Sha,

I also know a girl who went by “Paytie” - I think her name was [name]Patricia[/name]. I think if you can get [name]Katie[/name] from [name]Katherine[/name], you can get Paytie from [name]Patricia[/name]

This is probably a stretch, but what about [name]Reese[/name] as a nickname for [name]Patricia[/name]? I like the suggestion of [name]Atty[/name] too.

[name]Patricia[/name] does feel dated to me, especially with the nn [name]Pat[/name] or [name]Patty[/name]. For an updated nn how about [name]Pate[/name]? [name]Patsy[/name] is always an option too and I personally find it darling. From the PP’s suggestions I like Cici, [name]Tia[/name], Pixie and [name]Trixie[/name].

I like [name]Patsy[/name], [name]Trixie[/name], and Cici so far.

Could you see a little [name]Patsy[/name]?

What about [name]Trixie[/name]?

Can you see [name]Patricia[/name] nn Cici working?

Is [name]Patricia[/name] nn [name]Atty[/name] too much of a strech?

I like [name]Patsy[/name], [name]Trixie[/name], and Cici so far.

Could you see a little [name]Patsy[/name]? Sure, and I think it’s cute like [name]Betsy[/name]. My one reservation is the use of it as a term for something like a “fall guy” in spy movies or something (but that must be pretty obscure/rare since I can’t recall it quite fully)

What about [name]Trixie[/name]? Very cute, however I would assume she was [name]Beatrix[/name] (but wouldn’t be shocked that she wasn’t or anything).

Can you see [name]Patricia[/name] nn Cici working? Yes.

Is [name]Patricia[/name] nn [name]Atty[/name] too much of a strech? No.

PS I agree the name is dated but I’d say mildly so and in a way that could come back (i.e. the nicknames are more dated than the name). I still find it pretty. It reminds me of [name]Constance[/name] and [name]Pamela[/name] in that way. A nice name. All best!

Hahah! [name]Constance[/name] is another family name for us :)! I worry that these older more serious names would be really stark next to today’s [name]Madison[/name]'s, [name]Olivia[/name]'s, & [name]Isabelle[/name]'s…

i think that patsy is so cute. i love it!

[name]Ah[/name], I disagree…I find [name]Constance[/name] much fresher next to those uber-popular names, particularly compared to [name]Patricia[/name], which is still quite dated. I cringe at the nick name “[name]Atty[/name]” which seems extremely informal (even for a nick name) and not really related to the full name. If you really want to stick with a [name]Patricia[/name]-related name how about [name]Patrice[/name], the classic Latin name, that when pronounced (pah TREES) emphasizes the end of the name and thus discourages the “[name]Pat[/name]” nick names.

I kind of like [name]Patrice[/name]. It makes me think of other names I like, like [name]Cherice[/name]. :slight_smile:

My grandmothers first name is [name]Patricia[/name] but she didn’t like it, and goes by her middle name. Maybe your girl could go by her middle name?

If that isn’t an option you could name her something like, [name]Patricia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and call her PK or [name]Patricia[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] and call her PB, or [name]Patricia[/name] [name]Danica[/name]… PD, or [name]Patricia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]… PJ