Post Your "Nameberry Picks My Top 10" Final Results Here!

Hey Berries! I thought it might be a good idea to create a single thread where each poster can post their results of the “Nameberry Picks [name_f]My[/name_f] Top 10” trend (or variants) going on at the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread (full credits for this trend go to @SparkleNinja18 - thank you for such an amazing bandwagon to jump on!)! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to post comments and observations on your NBPMTT journey, and you can reply to others’ journeys too!

[details=“[name_f]My[/name_f] Final Results!”]
I thought I’d first begin with my own results!

Boys:

1. [name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
  5. [name_m]Casper[/name_m]

Girls:

1. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Esther[/name_f]
6-10

For those curious, 6-10 are [name_m]Adrian[/name_m], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], and [name_u]Evan[/name_u] for boys, and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] for girls.

The polls started with 40 names for each gender - half of them were my current Top 20 (see my UC) while the other half were in my Top 20 at some point over my 2.5 years of name collecting (other than one boy name and one girl name which were #21 early on - Casper and Carol respectively). There were a tiebreaker for each gender before moving on. 20 names per gender moved onto the second round, and, after another girl name tiebreaker, 10 names per gender moved onto the final round.

Observations

Observations:

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] was pretty consistently on top throughout the polls; however, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] sometimes crept into the lead for a bit before [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] took it back. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] was on top for the first two polls, and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] was pretty consistently on top throughout the final poll. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] were also consistently high on each list. When I prepared my first lists, I thought Nameberry would choose vintage and timeless names, and I was right!

The tiebreakers were (in order, winners in bold) [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] vs. [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m] by a mid-size margin, [name_f]Katie[/name_f] vs. [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] by a large margin, and [name_f]Amy[/name_f] vs. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] by a small margin.

Interestingly, and unsurprisingly, the only name that no one voted for is [name_m]Chad[/name_m]. I had it at #18 when I first started collecting names because it’s the name of one of my best friends (I was still learning about naming trends and timelessness at the time).

Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts:

I was somewhat surprised to see so many people voting for [name_f]Heather[/name_f] in the first round since it screams '80s to some people! I was also somewhat surprised that more people voted for [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] than [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], but it was understandable that [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] received more votes than both. Another initial surprise to me was that more people voted for [name_m]Alec[/name_m] than [name_u]Alex[/name_u], but it made sense the more I thought about it (since [name_u]Alex[/name_u] is traditionally a nn).

Overall, more of my current favorites (which are partly Nameberry-inspired) progressed further, which I initially thought. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I expected most of the results, this was a really fun and interesting journey!

[/details]

10 Likes

Interesting commentary, [name_m]Stuart[/name_m]! Nameberry collectively does gravitate towards certain types of names. I haven’t done this trend (making anything close to a list of top favorites is daunting right now), but I love watching those of others!

1 Like

Here are the results from my “Nameberry Picks [name_f]My[/name_f] Top 10”!

Girls

1. Florence
  2. Genevieve
  3. Eleanor
  4. Flora
  5. Isadora
  6. Primrose
  7. Dorothy
  8. Etta
  9. Ivy
  10. Lucy

Boys