Postpartum b-day for long distance friend ideas

[name_f]My[/name_f] best friend’s birthday is next week and she is in her first month of postpartum. She has been a bit down and feeling isolated. I am 32 weeks pregnant and several states away so I am unable to physically go visit her. For her birthday, she is planning to go out to dinner with her husband.

[name_f]My[/name_f] question is if anyone had a birthday in early postpartum and received a gift or something that was really uplifting and helpful that I could do from a distance? It’s killing me that I can’t go to her house and help. I’ve sent restaurant gift cards when they welcomed baby. I’d like to do something for her but I am struggling to come up with ideas! Thanks for recommendations!

Is there a local spa you can buy her a gift card for?
[name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe a mom and babies group in her area that you can get her in on? Where I live they sign you up for 6-8 week sessions and it could be a good way to help her build community plus get out of the house with baby.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! She’s mentioned to me in the past she’s wanted to go to a salt cave spa! I will see if there is one local to her!