Preppy Boy Names - Less than a week to go!!!

See the results of this poll: Please pick your favorite :slight_smile: Nicknames to be used occasionally

Respondents: 94 (This poll is closed)

• Spencer nn Spence : 19 (20%)
  • Theodore nn Teddy : 33 (35%)
  • Prescott nn Scottie : 7 (7%)
  • Sheppard nn Shep : 10 (11%)
  • Wesley nn Wes: 25 (27%)

Close call for me but I would go for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], I just really love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (though [name_u]Theo[/name_u]/[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is definitely becoming more popular by the minute, it’s such a solid choice).

[name_m]Sheppard[/name_m] nn [name_m]Shep[/name_m] comes a close second. I do like the spelling [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] much more though.

I voted for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]”. I personally prefer [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] for a first name, I would only call him [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. I do like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] as a middle name. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] are honor names for me.

I also love [name_m]Prescott[/name_m] “[name_u]Scottie[/name_u]” (also [name_m]Scott[/name_m]) and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. I have a soft spot for [name_u]Spencer[/name_u].

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is my all time favorite boys name! Never thought of it as preppy though.

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]! Handsome and fun. I also love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Prescott[/name_m].

I voted [name_m]Prescott[/name_m] because it’s the only name I truly see as preppy, and it’s tied for my favorite from your list with [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Scottie[/name_u] as a nickname more than [name_m]Wes[/name_m], though :slight_smile: I am not a fan of the [name_m]Sheppard[/name_m] spelling, as a previous poster stated I much prefer the traditional [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. If it were that spelling, it likely would have gotten my vote :slight_smile:

Top 3 in order: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Prescott[/name_m].

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]! My second pick is [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], spelled this way.

I cast my vote as [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], it’s just so handsome, and I think that it will age very well too. I’m also a fan of [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], but just not quite as much as [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are my favorites.

I voted for [name_m]Prescott[/name_m] “[name_u]Scottie[/name_u].” I would have voted for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] if the nickname option was [name_u]Theo[/name_u].

I love [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], don’t get the appeal of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and am neutral on the others.

i voted for [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], but [name_m]Sheppard[/name_m] is a close second. Both [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] seem a lot trendier to me. The others are in the same vibe, but they have a bit more personality.

Definitely [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] nn [name_m]Wes[/name_m]! [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] has that preppy feel you’re looking for while [name_m]Wes[/name_m] offers a friendly, cool nickname. I have a brother named [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] who we affectionately call [name_u]Spence[/name_u] so that would be my second choice; it’s a great name!

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]” and [name_m]Sheppard[/name_m] “[name_m]Shep[/name_m]”! Best of luck :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the votes and feedback! I’m now officially past my due date! [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is my front runner, but will I regret it’s popularity?? I’ve met several baby Teddys in my area lately and I know the name is rising in the ranks.

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] is a great option. I also like [name_m]Sheppard[/name_m] nn [name_m]Shep[/name_m], and maybe this is less common as [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. But I think if you love [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], popularity doesn’t matter. It will be a handsome name either way