Previous Favourite Girls Names

I’m curious to see what names people used to like, especially when they were younger- I know I liked some interesting names in the past!
For example, I used to like
[name_f]Charlotta[/name_f] (I thought it was a good full name for [name_f]Lotta[/name_f] from [name_m]Charlie[/name_m] and Lola!)
Alexzandera (didn’t even think this was unusual spelling at the time)
[name_f]Clover[/name_f] (not really my style anymore)
Astaria (I’m not sure where I came up with this one)
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] (as a full name, I read [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls Wilder)
[name_f]Love[/name_f] to see what you guys used to like!

2 Likes

When I was a child my top girls name from about 5-13 was Pigeon. No one could reason with me over this :joy:

As a teen top picks were:
[name_f]Calypso[/name_f] - still on my list now
Lilimor
[name_f]Abcde[/name_f]
[name_f]Velvet[/name_f]
[name_f]Fancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Story[/name_f]
[name_f]Buffy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f]

There was a few more ‘normal’ names thrown in but overall it’s safe to say I understand why people were concerned about what I’d name my kids when I fell pregnant :see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes

[name_f]Solana[/name_f] was my first ever favourite name.

When I was younger I fell in love with names from random books I read or movies I watched, whatever inspired me at the time.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites as a kid were [name_f]Alexis[/name_f], [name_f]Meghan[/name_f], [name_m]Kacey[/name_m], [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Honey[/name_f] & [name_f]Layla[/name_f].

As a teenager my style in names evolved to romantic sounding names that were longer, had a whimsical feel and some were more international.
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Sabine[/name_f], [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

i loved the name isabella a lot for some reason :joy:. I also loved [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f].

i found a journal from when i was about 7 and i found this sibset:

[name_f]Quenna[/name_f]
Quendolyn
Quendy

I’m actually not sure anymore :cold_sweat:

[name_f]Marissa[/name_f] was most favourite name when I was very young and first developed a love into names. It was probably my absolute favourite for the first 5yrs! I still love her, but in a different way like it has special-ness to me and has created a soft spot like I have grew up with her. Although, I dont know I would necessarily ever use her as I have different loves – if that makes sense. Hard to explain. :sweat_smile:

From the ages of 6-10
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
All those are a little old fashioned for my taste, although they’re still beautifull names.
From my teen years (and they all still remain today, funny enough):
-Azalea (Grace)
-Eden (Rae)
-Keturah (Kane)
-Leah (Jade)
-Naomi (Grace)
-Noa (Kathryn)
-Lottie (Eleanor)
-Charli (Monroe)
-Lola (Winter)
-Zyla (Sage)
-Heidi (Annabel)
-Kennedi (Raelynn)
-Wrenly (Zara)
-Summer (Lillian)
-Juniper (Faith)
-Rowyn (Elodie)
-Palmer (Mercy)
-Starlie (Skye)
-Sunday (November)
-Violet (Dawn)
-Morag (Blessing)
-Liberty (Maeve)
-Carys (Annabel)
-Laura (Belle)
-Vida (May)
-Moriah (Sage)
-Elsie (Beatrix)/(Annabeth)
-Everest (Sky)
-Carina (Jade)
-Brandy [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
-Sailor [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

(I was a little obsessed as you can see!) I still love a lot of these names, and they remain on my list. Not my top names, but they’re still fun ones I love.

1 Like

this had me chuckling, my nickname from ages 3-12 was pigeon!! some of my childhood friends still call me this. however it’s more of an inside joke now!

capri
sunny
maisie
lily
bella
beatrice - i loved this for a while, then my auto correct changed this to beat rice. now i can only read that.
addison
meadow
blossom

my taste hasn’t changed that much?! :laughing:

1 Like

Some favourites over the years:

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] ‘Pippa’
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Mandy[/name_f]
[name_f]Trudy[/name_f]
Annie-Rose
[name_f]Jess[/name_f]
[name_f]Cat[/name_f]
[name_f]Dee[/name_f]
[name_f]Dolly[/name_f]
[name_m]Jazz[/name_m]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nelly[/name_f]
Tee
[name_m]Shell[/name_m] / [name_f]Shelby[/name_f] / [name_f]Chelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellamae[/name_f]
[name_f]Nixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Deryn[/name_f]

I used to be obsessed with the name [name_f]Julie[/name_f] (the reason I picked her for my username :joy:). I still really like it.

When I was younger I liked names like [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] and [name_f]Paislee[/name_f], but now I’m into long, romantic names like [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], [name_f]Julietta[/name_f], etc.

off the top of my head:

heather
clementine
tomika
lottie
olive
indie
charlie
cj
tallulah
elle
maisie
laila
ezlee ?!
esme
luana
louella
bonnie
seraphina

Past favorites:

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Krystal[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
Isabelle/Isobel

Now maybe Adele/Evangeline/Adeline/Vera if not Isobel… I’m sorta torn on how much I still love [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], but she’ll always be close to my heart.

When very young I called all my dolls very classic names - [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] etc. I remember very clearly thinking my favourite girls name was [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and my favourite boys name [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]. I remember also liking [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] / [name_f]Beth[/name_f] and [name_f]Abbey[/name_f] which were sort of up and coming modern classics at the time. I still liked [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] nn [name_m]Charlie[/name_m], which I thought was super cool on a girl.

As I got more interested in names I started to veer into what I considered at the time to be ‘cooler’ territory. [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_f]Carla[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] were faves at one point, I also liked [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]. I remember the combo [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] being beloved for a good while. Later, I liked [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Amabel[/name_f].

Then I went full on romantic / poetic in a very literal way - think combos like [name_f]Amber[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (or with those middles swapped). [name_f]My[/name_f] list from this era (what I can remember of it) -
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Eden[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]

Names I loved as a kid(I still like most of them honestly):

(General):
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]

(From my culture):
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Yekaterina[/name_f]
[name_f]Svetlana[/name_f]
[name_f]Yelena[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sasha[/name_f]

I used to keep a list of names I liked when I was really little, handwritten on scraps of paper. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] was always at the top (it was my best friend’s name - I still love the name [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] though).

The first name I really fell in love with was [name_f]Everly[/name_f]. After that came [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] (“Cass-ee-uh”), [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Maud[/name_f] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f].

I still like these names, but would not use any of them.