Primrose Marie and Imogen Georgiana

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries! I am due for a baby in late [name_f]April[/name_f]. We do not know the sex of of the baby, and we won’t until they are born. I have one daughter, [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]. She mostly goes by Prim. In the future, she may go by [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or even her full name.
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I have decided on the name [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] if the baby is a girl. I have a feeling they will be, but that may have something to do with our lack of boys names.
What are you thoughts on [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]. [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] feels a little out of place with [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], but it’s a namesake for my dad. Is it usable or should we change the middle spot.
I also don’t know how well [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] sounds with my daughters name. I love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and Prim together. I love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] together. However, I don’t love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. I would love to hear your thoughts!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]! [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] feels useable for me, whether in the first or middle spot but particularly in the middle here. I like that it has a different number of syllables to [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] too.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] goes well with Prim, [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] or [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] to my ears. There’s always the chance [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] will get shortened too (I’ve taught a couple who’ve gone by Immie?) so how does that sound to your ear matched with Prim’s name/s? I also think it’s worth pointing out that in day-to-day life, kids’ names don’t get paired up all that often. Imogen’s friends will primarily be Imogen’s friends, rather than [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and Imogen’s friends, if that makes sense? So I don’t think it necessarily matters too much how they sound together. But I do think they work!

2 Likes

They are beautiful together!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f].

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] is gorgeous!! I really like it!

1 Like

So pretty! Prim and Imogen both include that ‘im’ sound, which is why I think Pippa and Imogen sound really lovely! But Prim and Imogen are also lovely, still. Such great names.

1 Like

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] is a little heavy on the j sound for me, but since it’s an honour for your dad, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Definitely usable!

I think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] goes great with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Its a beautiful name.

1 Like

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] is such a beautiful name it goes PERFECT with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] :heart_eyes: !!!

1 Like

I honestly think it all works as sisters

1 Like

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] is a lovely choice. I think all of those combinations sound great together but if you’re not convinced about [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] you could explore some nickname options such as [name_f]Midge[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Gem[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_u]Genie[/name_u] or [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] to have as an option.

1 Like

The names work fine. Honestly no one apart from name nerds are going to care whether the names ‘go together’ and in my opinion they do anyway! While you may not think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] go together, [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] has a lot of potential nicknames e.g.
[name_f]Immy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenny[/name_f]
Modgie
Not sure if you like any of these but I think [name_f]Immy[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] go quite nicely or [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].
Regarding the middle name [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] I cannot see anything wrong with it. As a middle name, most people simply will not know it anyway. The fact that it is a namesake I think makes it important to use. The names flow very well and in my opinion sound quite beautiful. I think the grandness of [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] gives the name a [name_f]Regal[/name_f] sound. I love it.
P.s. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is one of my all time favourite names. I’m so glad you’ve decided to use it!
Good luck!!

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] is lovely. Either [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] or [name_f]Gem[/name_f] would make cute nicknames with Prim or [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] fit really nicely as siblings! [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you’re doing Prim and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] it still works. Maybe Prim and Im? A little similar sounding but still cute.

Originally when reading the title I didn’t like [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] with [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. It feels a bit long. But if it’s an honor name and means something special to you then I like it. I don’t think it’s too complicated or out there for it not to work.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] is a great choice for you! I think the middle name [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] goes well with first name [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and it’s lovely that it honors your dad. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and Prim, [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] all sound fine to me. I also think [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] would be especially wonderful, in case you would like to use a nickname for [name_f]Imogen[/name_f].

I agree, Imogen Georgette sounds better. Imogen Georgina is another option.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Midge[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], or [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]! those are the most adorable nicknames!

1 Like

First of all, [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is beautiful! I love your style so much. Secondly, do not worry about how well the name you chooses goes with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. I know so many siblings whom have names that really don’t “match” if you think about it, but they just go together because they are siblings, if that makes sense. As long as you don’t choose something that’s super-duper matchy (like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], for instance, but that’s just common sense :yum:), I think any name you do choose is fine.

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal opinion is that the G sound in [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and the two G sounds in [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] make it a little (and I mean little) hard to pronounce. At least with my accent, the names sort of slur together.

Since you said [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] was an honor name, I’ll assume that the name you are honoring is Ge0rge. I know how important honor names are, and there aren’t really distinct names that honor Ge0rge without the G sounds. If the three Gs don’t bother you, that’s completely fine! But if you do, by chance, hear it the same as I do, you may want to consider a different first name.

However, I truly do love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]! It’s really lovely, and I love the suggestion of [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] as nicknames.

I think [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] works well w/ your daughter’s name! I do think [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] is a bit long, but [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is lovely imo.

Firstly, i LOVE [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] together! :heart: And second, I thought it would be helpful to give you a couple boy’s names just in case it ends up being a boy:

[name_u]Maddox[/name_u] [name_m]Prometheus[/name_m]
[name_u]Leo[/name_u] [name_u]Sylvester[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_u]Grayson[/name_u]