Primrose or Azalea?

My first little girl, my IVF miracle baby is called [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. It was quite easy to choose her name - [name_f]Elora[/name_f] has been my favourite girl’s name for years and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] was after my mother. But I’m planning to transfer my last remaining embryo (also a girl) and fingers crossed have a second baby.

The problem is, I like other names but the choice isn’t nearly as clear this time around. I love flower names though, and am leaning toward using a more unusual flower name - either [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] (nn Prim, [name_f]Posey[/name_f], [name_f]Rosey[/name_f]-[name_f]Posey[/name_f]) or [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Zelie[/name_f], Zae)

Thoughts or suggestions?

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] over [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]! [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is one of my favorites!

Marigold “[name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] “[name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f]”
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] “[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Mary[/name_f]”

2 Likes

Primrose nn. [name_f]Posey[/name_f] is wonderful! :heart_eyes: I love [name_f]Posey[/name_f] and I definitely prefer [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] over [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], although I do also love [name_f]Zelie[/name_f]. I also love all of @Kipperbo1’s suggestions!

2 Likes

Both are lovely names! I prefer [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] with your daughter’s name, just because [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] and [name_f]Elora[/name_f] are a bit vowel-heavy together for me. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Elora[/name_f] also match well stylistically.

Crossing my fingers for you! :heart:

1 Like

I think they’re both beautiful names! Today I think I would go with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], I think it would stand out a little more. [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], while unique has sounds that match with current trends and might blend in (which might not be a bad thing, just depends on what you prefer)

1 Like

Firstly good luck with everything!

I have to say I really love [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] such a pretty name.

From the two names you have as your favourites I have a preference for [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] over [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]. I absolutely love ‘[name_f]Rose[/name_f]’ names they are so romantic and endearing [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] definitely shares those same qualities. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is sweet, romantic and happy sounding. I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is beautiful. I love the nicknames you have for [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] too especially [name_f]Posey[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] & [name_f]Elora[/name_f] sound great together.

1 Like

Primrose!!! The Hunger Games connection is great and its an adorable and beautiful name!

1 Like

I like both [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]. I would normally lean toward [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] since I don’t love the “prim” syllable, but [name_f]Elora[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] are a much better set in my mind.

1 Like

Elora [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is lovely

I really like [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] for you -gorgeous and sweet.

Marigold, [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] came to mind

1 Like

Both are lovely names but I prefer [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] more for [name_f]Elora[/name_f]’s sister as it has more distinct sounds.

1 Like

Primrose :slight_smile:

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] over [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and think that [name_f]Zelie[/name_f] is a gorgeous nickname! The “Prim” syllabe in [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] isn’t quite my style, but if you love it - use it!

I second @Kipperbo1’s amazing suggestions!

I think [name_f]Freesia[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] or even [name_u]Lotus[/name_u] are good, unusual flower name options too! Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also want to add Juniper “June/Junie/Juno/Pippa/“ and Lavender to my suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Primrose is all Hunger Games to me.

Same with [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] — [name_m]Iggy[/name_m] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] has lighter associations out of the two. :confused:

If you choose either, be sure to be prepared to explain that no, you didn’t name her after _.

I lovePrimrose & [name_f]Elora[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there.

Elora [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is gorgeous!

Here are my thoughts for a second little lady:

Primrose-I like it in theory, but it just sounds a little awkward to call ‘[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!’ to a child out loud. Not sure why, but it doesn’t flow as well as a name for me as other word names. It is pretty though, & has lovely imagery. I don’t like Prim as much, but find [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] or [name_f]Posy[/name_f] super adorable. [name_f]My[/name_f] only other issue w/Primrose is that I feel like it might get popular because of that Hunger Games character. Although it’s not even in the top 1,000 right now, so I could be wrong.

Azalea-[name_u]Love[/name_u] this one way more. It has a slightly exotic super feminine yet spunky vibe just like [name_f]Elora[/name_f]. And I don’t see it becoming popular at all. I don’t personally love the nn options as much. [name_f]Zelie[/name_f] is kind of cute, but it just doesn’t seem as natural.

A few more ideas as a sister for [name_f]Elora[/name_f]:

Aviva

Anais

Annis

Beatrix

Bellatrix

Camellia

Clover

Calliope

Callista

Daria

Dahlia

Delia

Esme

Francesca

Indigo

Isolde

Juniper

Juno

Juliet

Josephina

Katia

Lilia

Magnolia

Ottilie

Soleil

Salome

Violet

Zella

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is so beautiful especially with the nickname Prim, so cute!!

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] for you!

Other ideas:
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]

1 Like

First of all I’m so happy to see someone else who loves [name_f]Elora[/name_f]. It’s been a favorite of mine since childhood!
[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]! They fit so nice together and I LOVE the nn Prim :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much to everyone that replied! I especially want to thank those that took the time to list some suggested names. They are all lovely and you got my taste just right!

Looks like most of you are leaning towards [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] of the two names, and I actually agree - it’s been a favourite name of mine since childhood but I have wondered how wearable it might be over a lifetime. Most of you don’t seem to have concerns about that and I am grateful for the reassurance.

Primrose is actually quite a popular name in the UK and I think it is increasing in popularity there. I live in Australia (where [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is a very rare name) but I find it reassuring that in a major [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country it is seen as a fairly normal choice of name for a little girl.

I like the fact that [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is still rare here in Australia. To me, it might be a similar case with my first daughter’s name [name_f]Elora[/name_f] - a very unusual name, but not so weird or unusual that people think it shouldn’t be used as a name. I’ve had very positive feedback whenever I tell people my daughter’s name is [name_f]Elora[/name_f] and would love to strike the same balance with my second little girl!

Thank you so much for all the suggestions! I love them!