Primrose too out there?

Consider this an official nameberry thumbs up for [name]Primrose[/name]. You could edge closer to center with [name]Posy[/name] or (even closer) [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Flora[/name]. But I think [name]Primrose[/name] is adorable.

I think [name]Primrose[/name] is absolutely beautiful and unique!!! And I love that you would shorten it to “Prim.” The interesting thing about naming your baby is that everyone has a different idea of what “wierd” or “out there” would be…which is why there are so many wonderful names out there to choose from! :smiley: My humble opinion is to go for it!! If you love it, and your hubby does too, then that is the name you should use. I might consult you for ideas on our baby names! Obviously you have a knack for finding lovely, creative names. Me, not having much luck. But thankfully I still have some time. :wink: Best of luck! I hope you let us know what you decide!

I guess I’m not in the majority. I have heard [name]Primrose[/name] on this board frequently lately, and it makes me think this cute, interesting, and unusual name is about to rise. I definitely don’t think it is too “out there,” but it could sound uppity and could invite some teasing. It might depend on your circumstances. In the right milieu, I think you are safe enough.

One thing I would worry about is if you love this name and skip it, and then it have the modest burst of popularity I expect, you might kick yourself for not grabbing your chance when it was freshest and most original. Weight that against some possible teasing to see where the scales tip.

I don’t think it’s too out there at all. I think [name]Primrose[/name] is beautiful, although I think I prefer [name]Rosemary[/name]. Have you considered [name]Rosemary[/name]? It might be considered a little less out there.

I love [name]Primrose[/name] !
It’s such a beautiful, elegant name (: