I think
[name_f]Vittoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
Saraphina
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]! That’s gorgeous.

1 Like

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] maybe? They feel like angel names. Especially with Celeste’s meaning.
Possibly [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] or [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]?

2 Likes

Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi have revealed the name of their daughter. Her name is Sienna Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi.

I don’t think anyone saw Sienna coming!

10 Likes

Wow! I certainly never would have guessed it right lol

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] yes why did none of us think of [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]! I even thought to myself I must include some Italian place names like [name_u]Florence[/name_u] etc then I got caught up with what I thought they’d use as honour names! Kicking myself haha. I do like [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], a good choice!

Wow! Not what I expected at all (apart from [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] being a likely middle name choice) but it’s pretty! It’s very much along the lines of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] Phillips’ children’s names: [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m].

1 Like

Such a pretty name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d seen people suggest Italian place names on other boards but [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] seemed to escape everyone’s notice.

Oh, I love that they used [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]! It definitely made me think of [name_f]Zara[/name_f] Phillips’ children’s names too.

1 Like

I think I’d have liked the [name_f]Siena[/name_f] spelling even more, for the Italian city connection. It does sound lovely with her surname though.

3 Likes

I’m not British so I don’t know much about [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], but I would guess something that blends the lines between traditional and modern, like Wolfie’s name.

I love [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]! I never would have guessed it, so I’m pleasantly surprised :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh I love it.
I too would have liked to see it with the ‘Siena’ spelling. I was so focused on traditional English/honour names and other Italian name connections that [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] totally slipped my mind.
I like that she honoured the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] but I would have loved to see her honour her mother even more.
:heartpulse:

Ahhh I get it now. I just read this article from People magazine about why they chose the name Sienna and the connection to Beatrice mother.
Obviously can’t be a sure of how true it is. But I love it so much I’m going to choose to believe it.

I don’t like it much. Out of all the exquisite Italian names or Italian style of names they could have gone for.
[name_f]Imagine[/name_f] an [name_f]Angelica[/name_f], [name_f]Electra[/name_f] or Ilaria…

Also, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is very overdone as an honour middle in the [name_u]Royal[/name_u] family now. :expressionless:

2 Likes