Princess Beatrice/Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

Another [name_u]Royal[/name_u] [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is on the way.
[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and her husband [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m] Mapelli Mozzi are expecting a baby this autumn.
It will be her first child and his second. Edo has a son named [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] ‘Wolfie’.

(Earlier this year Beatrice’s sister [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] gave birth to a baby boy named [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Hawke.)

What is everyone’s predictions for gender (I’m thinking/hoping girl) and names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they will go with a more traditional royal name or for something a little more modern/trendy like Wolfie (and August/Hawke)?

6 Likes

I have no idea what they’ll do but with a son called [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] and a nephew called [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Hawke, I think it would be cool to continue the theme of more traditional first names/first middles and a cool, modern second middle! Maybe another animal-related choice?

5 Likes

I feel like [name_m]Philip[/name_m] will be in the name somewhere, since Beatrice’s grandfather [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] passed away recently.

2 Likes

I could totally see her with a little girl named [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! I’m excited about what the middle name(s) could be. :grin:

2 Likes

[name_f]Awesome[/name_f]! I don’t really know much about them so I can’t speak on the names, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very intrigued! Lots of royal babies this year. I think we’ll see a similar traditional name + cool nickname combo, whatever the sex. [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] “Wolfie” is such a great name!

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see what [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m] pick. Perhaps an Italian name might feature, because of Edoardo’s heritage.

I would be surprised if they go for a really traditional royal name, like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] isn’t in the direct line of succession, so I don’t think there would be an expectation for her to choose one. Plus, many of the male royal names like [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] are already “taken” by current royals.

2 Likes

As for other predictions…

• While [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m] is Italian, as I remember he has always lived in [name_u]Britain[/name_u] (and Wikipedia lists him as “English property developer”) so I don’t expect an Italian name. His son doesn’t have one, after all!

• Don’t expect a very classic royal name either. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] doesn’t seem like a quite traditional royal, ; she’s not in the direct line of succession; this baby won’t have a royal title.
    Babies born recently to the family are [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], August; so the royal family is becoming more untraditional??

• I can see her* with a first name like [name_u]August[/name_u]. Well-known, but not super common; has a history but not classic; and sweet!

(*: I don’t know a lot about Mapelli Mozzi, so my guess is based on [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] only)

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] will likely pick a top 100 name that’s classic enough that it won’t cause any controversy (I think the [name_u]York[/name_u] girls have had their fill of controversy.) [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] was supposed to be [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] before the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] said no; that would be cute.

Girls:
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (Yes, I know [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] has an Isabella.)

Boys:
Matteo/Matthew
Andrea/Anders
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]
[name_m]Giovanni[/name_m] (Johnny)
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]

2 Likes

If Christopher & Catherine weren’t already used I think this could have been a very cool opportunity for a royal Kit! For a spunky nickname and animal theme.

They seem like an eccentric couple with a somewhat daring style. I think (or maybe hope) that will reflect in the name they choose.

I may come up with something better as we get closer to autumn but for now my ideas are:
Alexander - would love to see Wolfie & Sasha, it’s a Royal name and reminiscent of Christopher. Alessandro is Edo’s middle name as well as his father’s name so I could see that as well.
Theodore - I could also see Teodor with more of a “tay-oh” sound and nickname as a parallel to Edo.
Albert - After Prince Albert and could use his nickname “Bertie.”
Rudyard - do I really think they’ll use this name? No. But it would follow the poetry vibe we see with Woolf.
Keats - ^
Dorothea - has precedent in the family and tons of nickname potential.
Margot - a romantic flair and could be an indirect honor for Beatrice’s mom’s middle name Margaret.
Bettina - diminutive of Elizabeth without being too obvious (which I think would be helpful as the honor is a lot to live up to for a first name). I’ll add in Elisabetta which is the Italian variation.
Victoria - Beatrice is thought of as the Queen Victoria lookalike and was in the Young Victoria. Could have nickname Vita for Vita Sackville-West to bring back the poetry element. Alternatively Vittoria.

1 Like

Based on her sisters choice and [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], I could see something like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], maybe also something like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]. For girls, maybe [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or something shorter like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

Oh wow already so many great responses. Sorry I’m not replying to you all individually(my post is already so long ,you’d be reading for days if I gave opinions on them all🤣).

I myself, wasn’t sure of what predictions to make in my original post but here’s my thoughts on some of your predictions (sorry I’m not responding to all names)

[name_m]Philip[/name_m]- I like the idea of them using [name_m]Philip[/name_m], however seeing that [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] already used it before [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] passed I’m not sure [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] will use it. But anything’s possible.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]- I love this suggestion. I think it goes beautifully with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_f]Anabel[/name_f]- ooh I didn’t know this about this name. What a sweet name and sweet connection to the name. [name_f]Bella[/name_f] would be cute (Italian) nn.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]- another classic name that could get to the (Italian) nn [name_f]Bella[/name_f].

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]- I really like this name for them. I think it goes great with [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m].

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]- could be a way of keeping with the [name_f]English[/name_f] heritage but with a modern nn spin. It’s a little close to [name_m]Archie[/name_m] for me but I could see her with an [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]- plus (assuming) if [name_u]August[/name_u] gets the occasional nn [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] then [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] and [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] as cousins names is cute.

[name_u]Kit[/name_u]- ooh this could have been great for them. But yes with a brother whose official name is [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], I unfortunately don’t see them going with this one

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]- traditional classic with a lot of nn options but with this being the middle name of the future king of [name_f]England[/name_f] I’m not sure they’ll go with it.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- this is one name I myself thought could be a possibility. I could totally see her with a [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. And Wolfie and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as brothers​:relaxed::heart_eyes:. [name_m]Teodor[/name_m] for the Italian spin is also great.

[name_m]Albert[/name_m]- [name_m]Alberto[/name_m]? Maybe? nn Albie/Bertie, I could see that.

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]- Goes well with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] name. Wolfie and [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] :relaxed:

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]- another name I should have thought of. Beautiful, goes with Beatrice’ name (and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is one of her mn) and would be a great way to honour her mother.

[name_f]Elizabetta[/name_f]- Traditional [name_u]Royal[/name_u] (Queen) connection with an Italian spin, one of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] mn is Elizabeth…It’s perfect. I’d love to see a modern spin on it by way of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]- this one is a little too traditional for me. But it is one of Eugenies mn, so would be a nice way to honour her sister.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]- I really like this name for them. I could see her with a little [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]- same as above, also something about this name gives me the same vibes as [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], maybe it’s the similar sounding endings.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]- Frederico?? A little [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] would be cute.

[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]- I’m not to sure about the full name but maybe [name_u]Nico[/name_u]?

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]- really like this name☺️

As for my thoughts on a girl name that could be a possibility but I’m not too sure they’d go with it… I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. I liked it for [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]. And I still like it for [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. After all it is a nn form of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]- their mothers name.

As for a boy… I’m still working on it but I do like Wolfie and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as brothers.

Would love to hear more predictions.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::relaxed:

1 Like

I think they will have a girl.

These are names I can see them using. Traditional/Modern.

Boy
Laurence/Laurie
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
Theodore/Teddy
Frederick/Freddy
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]

Girl
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
Penelope/Penny

Perhaps they’ll surprise us though.

1 Like

I love traditional/Royal style names. I think this one could have Italian flare but think the groom/father was brought up in [name_f]England[/name_f] (if I read correctly).

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
Frances/Francesca/Francesco
Phillipa/Philippo
[name_m]Alessandro[/name_m]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
Victoria/Vittoria

1 Like

I did a little digging on the Mapelli-Mozzi side and his grandmother was named [name_f]Gigliola[/name_f] which I think is really interesting, it comes from the Italian word for lily so maybe something like Lily/Lila/Lillian or [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] which could be a nod to both grandmothers or something that could be shortened to [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] would be interesting. I do have a feeling it will be a girl, probably because [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] just had a boy.

4 Likes

[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] had a daughter on [name_u]September[/name_u] 18. 6lbs 2 oz.

Guesses, anyone?

Her sister’s son is [name_u]August[/name_u].

What about [name_f]May[/name_f], nn for [name_f]Mary[/name_f], or [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]?

1 Like

I think it might be an Italian name that is commonly used in the UK.

Victoria or Isabella would be the obvious choice. Both work in Italian and English, and have royal connections. Victoria is also her sister’s middle name, whilst Isabella is a variation of Elizabeth. They might also to honour Prince Philip and choose Philippa/Filippa is a possibility (I reckon more as a middle name)

Logical options:
Alexandra/Alessandra - traditional royal name and Alessandro is his father’s name (although that might be dangerous territory with her father’s current standing!)
Alice/Alessia - Alice is Prince Philip’s mother’s name
Serafina - maybe works as a nod to her mother Sarah
Nicola - after his mother
Helena/Elena - Helena is Eugenie’s other middle name
Liliana - another tribute to the Queen although perhaps too close to Lilibet?
Emma/Amelia/Emilia - has royal connections and again works in Italian & English

I’m hoping for something a bit more unusual for the royal family. I would love something along the lines of:
Valentina
Luna
Vanessa
Francesca
Giulietta/Juliet
Theodora

Edit: Just seen that Eugenie has referred to her as an angel so my mind is now in overdrive and wondering could her name possibly be Angelica? Could be way off but I’m having too much fun speculating :laughing:

3 Likes

Ooh or Seraphina would work for the angel connection! :fire: As you say, it would be a nice subtle nod to Sarah too. Valentina, Francesca, Theodora (or Dorothea) and Helena feel like great options too.

I had thought Alexander for a boy so maybe Alexandra for a girl, but for some reason I’m expecting them to go a little more unusual/unconventional than that. The last few royal babies have been a bit surprising (Lena, Archie, Lucas, Lilibet, August) plus Christopher Woolf “Wolfie” has some serious quirk factor, so I’m hoping for something else a bit fun!

I’m expecting Elizabeth or a variant to be in there somewhere, most likely as a middle. But perhaps they’ll go in a different direction so soon after Lilibet!

3 Likes

They already have royal cousins [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (both Kents). Unfortunately, [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] is also taken (Gloucester).

I love [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] too, but I doubt they’d use it. Still, royal babies have been a surprise lately.

1 Like

I think she will want to honour her mum. I remember an interview where she said she wanted to be ’ like a little mummy (Sarah)’.

So maybe [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] as a middle, or a play on [name_u]Fergie[/name_u]. Maybe as bold as [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] or [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] for the top spot!

1 Like