Princess Beatrice/Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

Another [name_u]Royal[/name_u] [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is on the way.
[name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and her husband [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m] Mapelli Mozzi are expecting a baby this autumn.
It will be her first child and his second. Edo has a son named [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] ‘Wolfie’.

(Earlier this year Beatrice’s sister [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] gave birth to a baby boy named [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Hawke.)

What is everyone’s predictions for gender (I’m thinking/hoping girl) and names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they will go with a more traditional royal name or for something a little more modern/trendy like Wolfie (and August/Hawke)?

6 Likes

I have no idea what they’ll do but with a son called [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] and a nephew called [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] Hawke, I think it would be cool to continue the theme of more traditional first names/first middles and a cool, modern second middle! Maybe another animal-related choice?

5 Likes

I feel like [name_m]Philip[/name_m] will be in the name somewhere, since Beatrice’s grandfather [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] passed away recently.

2 Likes

I could totally see her with a little girl named [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! I’m excited about what the middle name(s) could be. :grin:

2 Likes

[name_f]Awesome[/name_f]! I don’t really know much about them so I can’t speak on the names, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very intrigued! Lots of royal babies this year. I think we’ll see a similar traditional name + cool nickname combo, whatever the sex. [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] “Wolfie” is such a great name!

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see what [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m] pick. Perhaps an Italian name might feature, because of Edoardo’s heritage.

I would be surprised if they go for a really traditional royal name, like [name_f]Mary[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] isn’t in the direct line of succession, so I don’t think there would be an expectation for her to choose one. Plus, many of the male royal names like [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] are already “taken” by current royals.

2 Likes

As for other predictions…

• While [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m] is Italian, as I remember he has always lived in [name_u]Britain[/name_u] (and Wikipedia lists him as “English property developer”) so I don’t expect an Italian name. His son doesn’t have one, after all!

• Don’t expect a very classic royal name either. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] doesn’t seem like a quite traditional royal, ; she’s not in the direct line of succession; this baby won’t have a royal title.
    Babies born recently to the family are [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], August; so the royal family is becoming more untraditional??

• I can see her* with a first name like [name_u]August[/name_u]. Well-known, but not super common; has a history but not classic; and sweet!

(*: I don’t know a lot about Mapelli Mozzi, so my guess is based on [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] only)

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] will likely pick a top 100 name that’s classic enough that it won’t cause any controversy (I think the [name_u]York[/name_u] girls have had their fill of controversy.) [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] was supposed to be [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] before the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] said no; that would be cute.

Girls:
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (Yes, I know [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] has an Isabella.)

Boys:
Matteo/Matthew
Andrea/Anders
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]
[name_m]Giovanni[/name_m] (Johnny)
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]

2 Likes

If [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] & [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] weren’t already used I think this could have been a very cool opportunity for a royal [name_u]Kit[/name_u]! For a spunky nickname and animal theme.

They seem like an eccentric couple with a somewhat daring style. I think (or maybe hope) that will reflect in the name they choose.

I may come up with something better as we get closer to autumn but for now my ideas are:
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - would love to see Wolfie & [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], it’s a [name_u]Royal[/name_u] name and reminiscent of [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]. [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] is Edo’s middle name as well as his father’s name so I could see that as well.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - I could also see [name_m]Teodor[/name_m] with more of a “tay-oh” sound and nickname as a parallel to Edo.
[name_m]Albert[/name_m] - After [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] and could use his nickname “Bertie.”
[name_m]Rudyard[/name_m] - do I really think they’ll use this name? No. But it would follow the poetry vibe we see with [name_m]Woolf[/name_m].
[name_u]Keats[/name_u] - ^
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] - has precedent in the family and tons of nickname potential.
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - a romantic flair and could be an indirect honor for Beatrice’s mom’s middle name [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].
[name_f]Bettina[/name_f] - diminutive of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] without being too obvious (which I think would be helpful as the honor is a lot to live up to for a first name). I’ll add in [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f] which is the Italian variation.
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is thought of as the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] lookalike and was in the [name_m]Young[/name_m] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. Could have nickname [name_f]Vita[/name_f] for [name_f]Vita[/name_f] Sackville-West to bring back the poetry element. Alternatively [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f].

1 Like

Based on her sisters choice and [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], I could see something like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], maybe also something like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]. For girls, maybe [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or something shorter like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

Oh wow already so many great responses. Sorry I’m not replying to you all individually(my post is already so long ,you’d be reading for days if I gave opinions on them all🤣).

I myself, wasn’t sure of what predictions to make in my original post but here’s my thoughts on some of your predictions (sorry I’m not responding to all names)

[name_m]Philip[/name_m]- I like the idea of them using [name_m]Philip[/name_m], however seeing that [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] already used it before [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] passed I’m not sure [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] will use it. But anything’s possible.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]- I love this suggestion. I think it goes beautifully with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_f]Anabel[/name_f]- ooh I didn’t know this about this name. What a sweet name and sweet connection to the name. [name_f]Bella[/name_f] would be cute (Italian) nn.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]- another classic name that could get to the (Italian) nn [name_f]Bella[/name_f].

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]- I really like this name for them. I think it goes great with [name_m]Edoardo[/name_m].

[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]- could be a way of keeping with the [name_f]English[/name_f] heritage but with a modern nn spin. It’s a little close to [name_m]Archie[/name_m] for me but I could see her with an [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]- plus (assuming) if [name_u]August[/name_u] gets the occasional nn [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] then [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] and [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] as cousins names is cute.

[name_u]Kit[/name_u]- ooh this could have been great for them. But yes with a brother whose official name is [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], I unfortunately don’t see them going with this one

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]- traditional classic with a lot of nn options but with this being the middle name of the future king of [name_f]England[/name_f] I’m not sure they’ll go with it.

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- this is one name I myself thought could be a possibility. I could totally see her with a [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. And Wolfie and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as brothers​:relaxed::heart_eyes:. [name_m]Teodor[/name_m] for the Italian spin is also great.

[name_m]Albert[/name_m]- [name_m]Alberto[/name_m]? Maybe? nn Albie/Bertie, I could see that.

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]- Goes well with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] name. Wolfie and [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] :relaxed:

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]- another name I should have thought of. Beautiful, goes with Beatrice’ name (and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is one of her mn) and would be a great way to honour her mother.

[name_f]Elizabetta[/name_f]- Traditional [name_u]Royal[/name_u] (Queen) connection with an Italian spin, one of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] mn is Elizabeth…It’s perfect. I’d love to see a modern spin on it by way of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]- this one is a little too traditional for me. But it is one of Eugenies mn, so would be a nice way to honour her sister.

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]- I really like this name for them. I could see her with a little [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]- same as above, also something about this name gives me the same vibes as [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], maybe it’s the similar sounding endings.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]- Frederico?? A little [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] would be cute.

[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]- I’m not to sure about the full name but maybe [name_u]Nico[/name_u]?

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]- really like this name☺️

As for my thoughts on a girl name that could be a possibility but I’m not too sure they’d go with it… I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. I liked it for [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]. And I still like it for [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. After all it is a nn form of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]- their mothers name.

As for a boy… I’m still working on it but I do like Wolfie and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as brothers.

Would love to hear more predictions.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::relaxed:

1 Like

I think they will have a girl.

These are names I can see them using. Traditional/Modern.

Boy
Laurence/Laurie
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
Theodore/Teddy
Frederick/Freddy
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]

Girl
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
Penelope/Penny

Perhaps they’ll surprise us though.

1 Like

I love traditional/Royal style names. I think this one could have Italian flare but think the groom/father was brought up in [name_f]England[/name_f] (if I read correctly).

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
Frances/Francesca/Francesco
Phillipa/Philippo
[name_m]Alessandro[/name_m]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
Victoria/Vittoria

1 Like

I did a little digging on the Mapelli-Mozzi side and his grandmother was named [name_f]Gigliola[/name_f] which I think is really interesting, it comes from the Italian word for lily so maybe something like Lily/Lila/Lillian or [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] which could be a nod to both grandmothers or something that could be shortened to [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] would be interesting. I do have a feeling it will be a girl, probably because [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] just had a boy.

4 Likes