Pronunciation Help - Mayre

Hello! So! Lately I’ve been messing around with the name “[name_f]May[/name_f]” and different variations of it (i.e. [name_f]Maybell[/name_f], [name_f]Mayla[/name_f], Esmaylan) and I came up with the name “[name_f]Mayre[/name_f]”. [name_f]Mayre[/name_f] isn’t a real name, just soemthing I thought had a cool spelling and a nice vibe, however, I have no idea how it would be pronounced. I’ve boiled it down to three different options, and, if you’d like, I’d really love your opinion on them. Thank yuo and have a day as fabulous as you are!

• [name_f]Mayre[/name_f] (pronounced may-ruh)
  • [name_f]Mayre[/name_f] (pronounced may-ree)
  • [name_f]Mayre[/name_f] (pronounced mare)

0 voters

1 Like

Could I move this to #girl-baby-names?

sure!

1 Like

I pronounced it instinctively like the word “mayor”, which in my accent is “may-uhr”. I like ‘mare’ best from your pronunciations.

1 Like

My first instinct would be mare and then my next guess would be
MY-ruh like [name_f]Maite[/name_f] with an ‘r’

1 Like

My first instinct would be “mare” like a horse, but really any pronunciation for a name can be taught/corrected.

I’d assume it was pronounced like [name_f]Mare[/name_f]

I read it as Spanish (like Mayte). So I would say my-reh.

I would say it like [name_f]Mare[/name_f].

It’s essentially a different spelling of one of my family’s surname [name_m]Mayer[/name_m]! So I’d pronounce it mare just like the last name

Mare is my first thought but I prefer may-ree.

More like [name_f]May[/name_f]-uhr for me :smiley:

I’d pronounce it may-ruh, like [name_f]Fayre[/name_f] with an M.

I would say may-ruh, if nothing else than the spelling is similar to other names like Feyre / [name_f]Fayre[/name_f] and most Egyptian names that end in -re make a ruh or rah sound.

Mayor is how I would say it.