Pronunciation of Briah

I’m intrigued to find out how everyone pronounces the name Briah? First one that comes to mind please :blush:

Bry-uh, I think

1 Like

Would honestly depend on whether i associate with [name_f]Bria[/name_f] or [name_f]Briar[/name_f] first. Either Bree-uh or Breye-uh

First thought would be Bry-ah as like [name_m]Brian[/name_m]. Then I might think Bree-ah (including because I know a [name_f]Briar[/name_f] who pronounces it Bree-ah not a Bry-ah).

exactly like @EloiseT said, bry-ah at first and then bree-ah.

I’d assume bree-ah like [name_f]Bria[/name_f].

I’d say bree-uh, though it should be noted that [name_f]English[/name_f] is not my first language!

[name_f]My[/name_f] first instinct was Bree-ah, but Bry-ah wouldn’t surprise me either.

1 Like

This was my exact thought! :heart:

I immediately thought “bry-uh” like [name_m]Brian[/name_m] without the N.

I would initially assume it’s a spelling variant of [name_f]Bria[/name_f], but wouldn’t be surprised if it was like [name_m]Brian[/name_m].

Briah. Rhymes with [name_f]Mariah[/name_f].

USA here, Bry-uh

I would say bry-uh

I would guess it’s a unique spelling of [name_f]Bria[/name_f] and say Bree-ah

But I think it would be confused as [name_m]Brian[/name_m] a lot

I would say [name_f]Bria[/name_f] like bree ah but I agree that the H makes me want to say brye ah, probably because we say most -iah Bible names (like [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m], [name_m]Jedediah[/name_m], [name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m], etc.) with the eye-ah ending. I prefer [name_f]Bria[/name_f] or [name_f]Briar[/name_f] personally (I’m American, so I pronounce the R).

bree-a. I’m in the US, but [name_f]English[/name_f] isn’t my first language.

I would say Bree-uh, rhyming with [name_f]Leah[/name_f]. I’m from the northeast USA, so saying bry-uh sounds to me like a Bostonian trying to say “Briar” :joy: