Pronunciation of Felicia?

We found a name we both like finally but then discovered we are pronouncing it differently.
[name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce [name_f]Felicia[/name_f]? What part of the world are you from?
Thank you!

[name_f]Felicia[/name_f] is a name that can be pronounced in a variety of ways depending on the culture and language.

English = “fuh-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-shuh”, “fuh-[name_m]LISH[/name_m]-uh”
South American Spanish = “fey-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-see-uh”
Spanish (Spain) = “fey-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-thee-uh”
Italian = “fey-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-chuh”

Since the name is Latin, I use the Spanish pronunciation “fey-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-see-uh”. The two middle syllables are said very quickly that it almost sounds like “lease”.

I pronounce it feh-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-shuh. I’m from [name_f]Florida[/name_f] and have a friend named [name_f]Felicia[/name_f]-- that’s how she pronounces it.

I pronounce it Fuh-lee-shuh, but as you can see here How to pronounce Felicia? (RECOMMENDED) - PronounceNames.com there are many legitimate ways. I like [name_u]Misha[/name_u]'s explanation.

Feh-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-see-ah. From [name_u]Sweden[/name_u]:slight_smile: I have a soft spot for [name_f]Felicia[/name_f]!

@mischa is absolutely correct in terms of geographical origins of the pronunciations.

Being from an English speaking country, my first instinct is Feh-lee-shuh
However, I would also think of Feh-lee-see-uh

I pronounce it feh-lee-shuh and I’m in [name_u]America[/name_u]

Feh-lee-see-uh. This is my friend’s name and that’s how she pronounce it.

That is how I pronounce it as well and I think that the Swedish pronunciation of [name_f]Felicia[/name_f] is absolutely ravishing :smiley:

I pronounce it Fell-eesh-uh, as does my friend named [name_f]Felicia[/name_f]!
I live in the north east United States.