Pronunciation of Honora/Annora?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!
[name]How[/name] would you pronounce [name]Honora[/name]? I say On-[name]Orah[/name], but I’m not sure if that’s correct.
And [name]Annora[/name], I say [name]Ann[/name]-[name]Orah[/name]. What do you say?
Thanks!
xo, theatrenut23

thats how I would say them…are you naming an actual child this?

I say Ahn-nora for both, maybe a little more On-nora for [name]Honora[/name] but they sound pretty similar to me.

I’d say both [name]Annora[/name] or on-orah, depending on which slips out first :slight_smile: I prefer [name]Annora[/name] myself though! <3

I say them similarly but with the stress on a different syllable. [name]Honora[/name] = AHN-or-uh [name]Annora[/name] = ah-[name]NOR[/name]-uh.
I don’t know why I stress them differently like that, but I do.

Well, I feel like a bit of an odd-ball because I say them both like ah-[name]NOR[/name]-ah… [name]Honora[/name] has a slight bit of an “oh” sound at the beginning instead of an “ah” sound, but I think that’s just a psychological thing I do in my head rather than how it actually sounds, haha, sort of like [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]–the difference is there in spelling, but when you say them out loud, they sound virtually the same. :slight_smile:

Oh no, just wondering. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the replies!

I say on-[name]NOR[/name]-a or ahn-[name]NOR[/name]-a for both.